Condo/Vacation Rental/Kitchen Suite for LL and Universal?

DahliaRW

DIS Veteran
We're considering getting some sort of vacation rental for 4 nights or so in the Orlando area after our cruise this coming January. We'll probably spend the Saturday we get off the boat at Kennedy, then drive into Orlando. Sunday will most likely be an off day, and then LL on Monday and Universal Islands of Adventure on Tuesday, fly home Wednesday (hopefully late afternoon/early evening).

Suggestions on where to stay that either splits the distance between the two parks or just is in Orlando? We would love a place with a kitchen and laundry either in the unit or coin op in the development. Condos, vacation rentals, suites at hotels? We don't want to spend a fortune, but if we can do things like eat breakfast and dinner by making our own we can spend a bit more on a room then we would at a hotel.

Thanks!

You can rent a 3 or 4 bedroom vacation rental home through Homeaway, VRBO or Villa Direct for about $100 a night plus fees.

You can get a one bedroom hotel suite at Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista that has a kitchen and free breakfast for around $80 a night if you book and pre-pay online. I am not sure if they have laundry on site or not. I would think so but have never asked.

When it is just Sh and I we like to stay at Quality Suites because it is about halfway between Disney and Universal and we go to both sets of parks.

I have no idea where Legoland is.

LL is about an hour SW of Orlando if I remember correctly.

If staying in the Orlando area, we'd probably prioritize being closer to Universal and such since LL would be a one day thing and then the airport and anything else we might do would be closer to Orlando. Any suggestions on what neighborhoods to look at? I was on both VRBO and Homeaway and there are just soooooo many options and locations.

I'll look into Quality Suites too.

There are several threads on Windsor Hills condos, and that is definitely what I would recommend. We just rented a two bedroom condo the first week of June for $750 for the entire week. We had a full kitchen, laundry, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room. We are having a hard time imagining vacationing any other way now! :)

Thank you! I'll look into that.

I did go ahead and book the quality suites that a pp mentioned as backup. When we finalize our dates (we're waiting for the 2014 rocket launch schedule) I will look into other options.

I'd recommend Airbnb as well for vacation rentals. Be wary of VRBO and homeaway (owned by the same company). Friends were recently scammed by a rental posted on those sites. Airbnb holds the money so in the event that the rental is a hoax you have 24 hrs to contact them before the money is released to the owner.

I have not heard of airbnb, I'll have to check it out. I've had good luck on VRBO in the past, even in other countries! I guess scammers are everywhere. That's why I always pay with a card so I have fraud protection.

I'd recommend Airbnb as well for vacation rentals. Be wary of VRBO and homeaway (owned by the same company). Friends were recently scammed by a rental posted on those sites. Airbnb holds the money so in the event that the rental is a hoax you have 24 hrs to contact them before the money is released to the owner.

Whoops! Double posted when I hit the back button. Sorry!

Thank you! I'll look into that.

I did go ahead and book the quality suites that a pp mentioned as backup. When we finalize our dates (we're waiting for the 2014 rocket launch schedule) I will look into other options.

Once you decide on firm dates, if you decide to stay at Quality suites go to their online website and book under the advance purchase rate to get the lowest price. Once you book it you can't change it or cancel it so be sure of your dates but you save a lot pre-booking and pre-paying for it. The pre-pay rates are usually around $70 a night even in peak seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter