• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Condo Rental for 8 help!!!

pdmeroc

Concord, Ohio Disney Guy
Hoping to tap into the knowledge base of these boards!

Looking for a cheap (but good of course) place to stay off site.

Here are my details: 8 people - 2 adults, 2 teens, 3 kids, 1 infant.
Staying from July 27th to August 9th. We would need 3 bedrooms.

We stay in the parks for most of the days, but would like a place we can enjoy. Would like a decent pool, but that's about all we need.

How long should we wait to book?
What is a good deal?

Thanks for the help!

I've been researching 3 bedroom condos at Windsor Hills and they are pretty decently priced. Anywhere from $705-$850 for a week including tax. You could probably get a 4 bedroom vacation home for close to the higher end as well if you search in Windsor Hills, Indian Creek, or somewhere else close.

Cypress Pointe/Cypress Pointe Grand Villas timeshare resorts are in a great location right near Downtown Disney are are typically our choice in the area when we are looking for a three bedroom condo, as almost all the units at both these places are three bedroom. The condos are great and get excellent reviews on TUG2.net (the timeshare users group). If I'm doing a week long stay, I usually find a timeshare owner to rent from on either Redweek.com or TUG2.net classified ads sections. On redweek.com, to use the site you need to sign on as a guest, and if you see something you want to rent there is a $15 annual fee to join that you need to pay before you can contact the owner. These resorts also do retail rentals which would be more expensive than renting from an owner, but still aren't a bad deal and can be done for any length of stay.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
June 2006 –Tampa relative’s condo
June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo). Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

Hi, for a nice basic 3br 2ba or even 4br 3 ba condo these are very comfortable with a nice pool. Both condo locations are very similar in floor plan design.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee/far-west#a5658
These have easy access to Disney via 192 east.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee/central#a2566

The pool will be close to the condos. Easy access to Disney via the Osceola Parkway. I would offer either of them lowest price advertised as you are staying almost two weeks. Notice that some of the ones at Island Club are 4br 3ba for about the same price which might be nice for the size of your group...YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BATHROOMS WITH TEENAGERS AND ADULTS TOGETHER!!
Good Luck...Ted

2 things I've noticed over the past few years...

1 - That is a peak period, and very popular time to visit.
2 - right now is a peak period for bookings, and July / August are booking up fast.

My advice is to find something and book it soon. The nicest places and the better deals go quickly. From Xmas time through the first few weeks in January is the busiest time of the entire year for people to plan and book trips, and those dates are amongst the most popular seasons / times of the year to visit (also are Xmas, Spring Break/Easter, and Thanksgiving).

If you wait, you will have much more limited options and choices to choose from.

You could rent a 3 bedroom condo at Cane Island in Kissimmee for around $1250 for those dates. That property usually comes in pretty affordable.
A 3 bedroom at Oakwater would probably be little less at around $1150.

I agree with one of the other posters, don't wait to book especially since you don't have "traditional" beginning and end dates (saturday/sunday).

We stayed here with a family of 9 and I highly recommend it:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/32411.html

Having a private pool in the summer months in Orlando is priceless to us. We've found shared pools to get very crowded.

It took us about 15 min to get to WDW main gate from this property. It was very easy to get to, nice location with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby (Publix and Super Walmart).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter