Concourse Steakhouse Closing?

melmlantz

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

Is it closing for refurbishment, or is it closing-closing? I've never been there, and I think I may want to go for breakfast... especially if it's closing soon!

While I'm at it... what are my chances of being seated for breakfast as a walk-in sometime between Jan 5-Jan 11? :confused:

It's closing for ever on May 10, 2008, because a new restaurant called the Wave is opening on the 1st floor lobby where the Food & Fun Center use to be which is replacing it. So that means the Concourse Steakhouse location is being turned into the Contemporary's new counter service location, which would be called Chef Mickey's Express.

As for you're question why not try to call WDW-Dinning everyday until you can get an ADR. Sometimes when I have stayed at the Contemporary the Concourse has been busy for breakfast, so there is a chance you could get turned away. Although I would say the Concourse is one of those locations where you might have a better chance of walking in, but the best way to go is by making an ADR.

Does anyone know when the wave is supposed to open? We'll be there in June and I'd love to try it if it's open!
Lesley

Does anyone know when the wave is supposed to open? We'll be there in June and I'd love to try it if it's open!
Lesley
Since the Concourse Steakhouse is to close on May 10, 2008. The Wave would either open just before then, or right after the Concourse Steakhouse closes. I have not seen anything posted which says the opening date for the Wave and no one has posted what they have heard, however I am sure we will know the date very soon.

Since the Concourse Steakhouse is to close on May 10, 2008. The Wave would either open just before then, or right after the Concourse Steakhouse closes. I have not seen anything posted which says the opening date for the Wave and no one has posted what they have heard, however I am sure we will know the date very soon.
Thanks, I sure hope so . . .it's not like Disney to keep quiet about it's future projects.;)
Lesley

Thanks, I sure hope so . . .it's not like Disney to keep quiet about it's future projects.;)
Lesley
You're welcome and my guess is they have not announced the opening of the Wave, because the Contemporary feel behind schedule just to close the Food & Fun Center. That was suppost to happen at the end of July and did not happen until the 2nd week of September. So because of that I guess they do not want to say what day the Wave would open down there, until they are 100% sure.

DH and I had dinner at Concourse on Dec. 15--great meal, great service.

While we we were there a manager came by and asked how our dinner was. We told her it was very good and that we were sorry the Concourse was closing.

I told the manager that I had heard that the new restaurant would have an Asian theme. The manager told us no one at Concourse had seen a menu, but they thought it would be an "American bistro" menu and the one item they had seen was a lamb shank dish.

During our meal our waitress had also mentioned that no one there knew what the menu would be, but whatever it was the new restaurant would re-open quickly.

I think I caught all my typos--I can't get Lily, my 7 month old Siamese, off the desk as I'm typing.

Lee

but whatever it was the new restaurant would re-open quickly.
The Concourse Steakhouse is set to close on May 10, 2008 so I would assume maybe that day or just a bit after the Waive will open. I am sure we will all know the grand opening once it's announced by WDW.

DH and I had dinner at Concourse on Dec. 15--great meal, great service.

While we we were there a manager came by and asked how our dinner was. We told her it was very good and that we were sorry the Concourse was closing.

I told the manager that I had heard that the new restaurant would have an Asian theme. The manager told us no one at Concourse had seen a menu, but they thought it would be an "American bistro" menu and the one item they had seen was a lamb shank dish.

During our meal our waitress had also mentioned that no one there knew what the menu would be, but whatever it was the new restaurant would re-open quickly.

I think I caught all my typos--I can't get Lily, my 7 month old Siamese, off the desk as I'm typing.

Lee

Thanks for the info.. I will miss Concourse Steak.. we had a dream there last Sept...
I have the same typo issue, must have something to do with the name, I get get Lily, my 2 yr old humans fingers off the keyboard lately :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter