Concierge

You are waited on rather than being expected to do anything for yourself. Things like looking up info on the DCL site or doing a google search would not be expected, whereas those of us in steerage class take a bit of effort to accomplish the same things.

There are many threads detailing the concierge perks on the individual ships (there is some variation).

In room dining from palo, nightly cocktail hour, free wifi, private sun deck on DF and DD. Priority boarding, Priority booking of port adventures, cabanas etc, and someone to do everything for you before and during your cruise for all your planning.

In suite dining from Palo is only for Cat R (royal suites on all ships)

Well put about being "waited on"

There is an element of convenience, of the wheels being greased, the feeling of being surrounded by pixie dust.

One concierge host told me that guest services does not exist, that if I need or want anything, or have a question I was to go though him.

The centralized lounge on the new ships is very nice.

....One concierge host told me that guest services does not exist, that if I need or want anything, or have a question I was to go though him.....

When a concierge host heard we "did something on our own" (which required standing in line), we were "informed", to say it gently, that we should ask / request they handle such tasks, as not waste our time onboard in line. :lmao:

Needless to say we discontinued mentioning any lines we encountered. ;)

They also let the characters know you are concierge and they spend more time with your kids. Our first two cruises were not concierge but our last cruise was. It's definitely hard to go back to regular .. lol :) We were waited on, the rooms were fabulous, the private lounge for drinks and snacks was amazing and they got us a cabana when we could never get one.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter