Concierge upgrade

phoeman

Earning My Ears
ok I have a question maybe someone knows the answer to, we are sailing soon in a concierge family cabin and I checked and there are a lot of 1 bedroom cabins open. I know you can't book a cruise within three days so if these rooms are still open can shoreside give you a reduced upgrade or do you have to wait until the day of check in at port?

ok I have a question maybe someone knows the answer to, we are sailing soon in a concierge family cabin and I checked and there are a lot of 1 bedroom cabins open. I know you can't book a cruise within three days so if these rooms are still open can shoreside give you a reduced upgrade or do you have to wait until the day of check in at port?
If you try to upgrade before the actual embarkation day (yes, you can book a room within that 3 day period - you just have to call, can't do it online) you will pay the prevailing price on the room.

If you wait until you get to the port and ask about upgrading, the cost will be lower.

Ok thanks, will wait and see definitely not worth the six grand difference to change now.

Ok thanks, will wait and see definitely not worth the six grand difference to change now.
Wait, I need to clarify something, if you call to see if you can go to the more expensive room before embarkation day, you will pay the price that room was on the day you made your original booking, not the prevailing price. Sorry.

keep in mind that upgrading is no secret these days. There is usually a rush to get to the supervisor's desk to check on these upgrades.

I think the last one we upgraded, we were starting the second leg of our B2B so we were the first one in line for the 2 concierge room upgrades they had on the Dream that day.

Good luck

Do concierge guest still have to go through the same process if they want to upgrade? Or can they upgrade right there at the concierge check in desk?

I have never upgraded a concierge room to a higher concierge room so I can't answer that. I thought all upgrades went through the supervisor's desk though.

If it's a 7 night cruise, it should cost around $1600 to upgrade to a Category T from a V at port.

Last edited:
You may want to wait until you get to the port. On a past cruise, I didn't request an upgrade in concierge but was given one (pixie dust). Shoreside concierge called me the day before departure to inform us of the upgrade. My guess was that existing Cat V's were upgraded to Cat T and the available V's were used for port upgrade requests--just my guess.

There's a price for knowing for sure. You can upgrade now, paying the same price (NOT the prevailing price!) you would have when you booked, but there is a big cost to that guarantee knowing you have concierge.

You don't have to wait until you check in, but you will save a LOT of money if you do so. We were offered the Royal Suite for a 4 day cruise once at a savings of about $5000! I would not expect that good a deal again, but you will save a ton. Of course, the chance is it won't be available. If you are happy with what you have, then show up early, pop over to the supervisor desk once you check in, and see what they have. You never know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter