Concierge Perks

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
If you book the Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah, do you receive the same perks as a 1 Bedroom Suite? If not, what are the differences? Thanks!

No. You will not have robe, slippers, in room dining from MDRs during dining times, 2 42" tvs, pillow choice, Blue Ray DVD player with disc to chose from, larger balcony.
That's all AFAIK.
HTH

ETA; Actually if you get a Cat V on bump out you may have a larger balcony. And you will have two thousand more dollars generally, being in a V as opposed to a T.

We were on the Dream Concierge in January. We did have a choice of pillows, and the robes and slippers in our Cat. V Family stateroom. Otherwise the stateroom itself was exactly the same as any other Family stateroom. The concierge service for us was invaluable with non-English speaking children traveling with us. The services are customized to your needs and requests. The children certainly were catered too in the lounge with their favorite flavor of smoothies and a comp arcade card. The concierge also made sure there were menus available for the MD's in their native language so the boys were able to order dinner without me having to translate everything.:worship: It was also nice not to have to deal with the crowds at Shutters as your photos are in a personalized folder in the lounge.:love: Different families need and/or appreciate different things from their concierge experience. They sure fulfilled our expectations of a personalized service.
We didn't try to order any food to our room. Not even snacks from room service. (Snacks available in lounge).
It was so relaxing and enjoyable for us.:flower3:

We were on the Dream Concierge in January. We did have a choice of pillows, and the robes and slippers in our Cat. V Family stateroom. Otherwise the stateroom itself was exactly the same as any other Family stateroom. The concierge service for us was invaluable with non-English speaking children traveling with us. The services are customized to your needs and requests. The children certainly were catered too in the lounge with their favorite flavor of smoothies and a comp arcade card. The concierge also made sure there were menus available for the MD's in their native language so the boys were able to order dinner without me having to translate everything.:worship: It was also nice not to have to deal with the crowds at Shutters as your photos are in a personalized folder in the lounge.:love: Different families need and/or appreciate different things from their concierge experience. They sure fulfilled our expectations of a personalized service.
We didn't try to order any food to our room. Not even snacks from room service. (Snacks available in lounge).
It was so relaxing and enjoyable for us.:flower3:

I'm really glad to hear about the robe and slippers! My last two cruises were in suites, but I can't afford a suite on my next cruise, so I've got a Cat V for concierge service. I love the robes and slippers!

The only difference we noticed (other than a smaller room) is that you cannot order in-room dining from the restaurants.

Eveythign else seemed the same as the suites.

We have stayed on the Dream in a 1 bedroom and did the MV of the Fantasy in a V. We got all the same perks as a 1 bedroom except you can't order the dining room meals in your room, no hot breakfast in the room either. We were told this was because there's no dining room table. Also a difference between concierge on Dream and Fantasy is that on the Fantasy you can't look at your pics in the lounge. You have to go to shutters, but if you order a CD the concierge team will pick it up for you and have it in the lounge on the last morning. They are working on a system for the Fantasy that is supposed to be better than the folder system on the dream. The concierge explained that they are looking at implementing an ipad type system for the concierge lounge. We did see them use the ipad system in the shutters area when ordering photos the last night so it may be similar to that. But as of right now no shutters folder in the lounge. We can confirm you get the robe, slippers, pillow choice, 42 inch tv at the foot of the bed and smaller tv near the night stand, and blu-ray player. We had a deck 11 V and it was nice, the balcony is semi enclosed. In reality with a V we spent more time in the lounge and often had a partial breakfast in there. It was nice to have that social time in the lounge also.

We have stayed on the Dream in a 1 bedroom and did the MV of the Fantasy in a V. We got all the same perks as a 1 bedroom except you can't order the dining room meals in your room, no hot breakfast in the room either. We were told this was because there's no dining room table. Also a difference between concierge on Dream and Fantasy is that on the Fantasy you can't look at your pics in the lounge. You have to go to shutters, but if you order a CD the concierge team will pick it up for you and have it in the lounge on the last morning. They are working on a system for the Fantasy that is supposed to be better than the folder system on the dream. The concierge explained that they are looking at implementing an ipad type system for the concierge lounge. We did see them use the ipad system in the shutters area when ordering photos the last night so it may be similar to that. But as of right now no shutters folder in the lounge. We can confirm you get the robe, slippers, pillow choice, 42 inch tv at the foot of the bed and smaller tv near the night stand, and blu-ray player. We had a deck 11 V and it was nice, the balcony is semi enclosed. In reality with a V we spent more time in the lounge and often had a partial breakfast in there. It was nice to have that social time in the lounge also.

How was the bathtub? One of the things I loved about the suite was the jacuzzi tub, but, from the picture on the DCL website, it looks like the tub isn't even big enough to stretch out in. I loved the lounge and the concierge team on my cruise in January. Thanks for the information! I'll be on the Fantasy in December and, hopefully, they'll have the photo thing straightened out.

Unfortunately the V tub is tiny. It is a round tub. You could sit in it indian style but laying or stretching out would be impossible. There is a section that you could sit on then soak your feet in the tub. This style of tub is more ideal for using the shower hand piece to wash your child or give them a bath.

We just booked concierge on the Fantasy in December. Our first time in concierge on DCL, so very much looking forward to it. I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this, so does anybody on this thread know about what they're calling the "bump-out" staterooms where the shape of the ship flares out? Is there extended room inside the stateroom itself? An extended balcony? I'm not really sure how they work.

Unfortunately the V tub is tiny. It is a round tub. You could sit in it indian style but laying or stretching out would be impossible. There is a section that you could sit on then soak your feet in the tub. This style of tub is more ideal for using the shower hand piece to wash your child or give them a bath.

Bummer! The bath each night was one of my treats on the cruise. It's really not worth the extra money for the suite, though. I might have to start looking for a roommate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter