Concierge ocean view stateroom on 11 Disney dream

1Winston

Mouseketeer
Anyone have comments on 11004? We are staying there in Jan any help would be appreciated. Not sure I am happy about the glassed in verhanda. Nice to have a bigger one but sad it's mostly glassed in. No other rooms available to choose from. Thank you!

On our last cruise we were in 11008 and I would have liked to have 11004.

11002 & 11004's veranda have the further outward side verandas of "any" staterooms on the ship.
11004 view's vantage point is probably one, if not the best, IMHO, since it is curved more towards aft vs. 11002
Since the opposite side, port, is part of the spa, I don't believe any other staterooms extend over the ship's as far.

The only downside is probably echo noise you may get when moving your veranda furniture around and possibly your neighbors. However the additional glass overhang offers much better protection from rain. The glass roof extension sure beats the metal floor from the above deck. I believe you will like it more that you think.

Here a thread to see an up close view of the room from the outside of the ship. You may have to scroll down a little to find the right picture. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763
Best wishes.

On our last cruise we were in 11008 and I would have liked to have 11004.

11002 & 11004's veranda have the further outward side verandas of "any" staterooms on the ship.
11004 view's vantage point is probably one, if not the best, IMHO, since it is curved more towards aft vs. 11002
Since the opposite side, port, is part of the spa, I don't believe any other staterooms extend over the ship's as far.

The only downside is probably echo noise you may get when moving your veranda furniture around and possibly your neighbors. However the additional glass overhang offers much better protection from rain. The glass roof extension sure beats the metal floor from the above deck. I believe you will like it more that you think.

Here a thread to see an up close view of the room from the outside of the ship. You may have to scroll down a little to find the right picture. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763
Best wishes.

We had 11010 & loved it, the glass over hang actually worked out well when was raining, we stayed quite dry. Also as mentioned above easy access to the spa & since we had a length of cruise Rainforest pass it worked out great. ::yes::

Thank you for your input! We are excited. We stayed on the 9th floor last cruise on the dream and liked our cabin. Just wondered if anyone had pics of that room or had stayed in it before?
We may try to upgrade to a 1br at port. Anyone do this from a concierge oceanview to a 1br??
Thank you for you help :goodvibes

We are travelling with a 3yr old son and our 1 year old daughter so should be interesting. Our son has been before but our daughter is a fuss pot so hope it's good.

Also wondered about anyones experience cruising bahamas in Jan. Is it swim weather.
Cheers!

Thank you for your input! We are excited. We stayed on the 9th floor last cruise on the dream and liked our cabin. Just wondered if anyone had pics of that room or had stayed in it before?
We may try to upgrade to a 1br at port. Anyone do this from a concierge oceanview to a 1br??
Thank you for you help :goodvibes

We are travelling with a 3yr old son and our 1 year old daughter so should be interesting. Our son has been before but our daughter is a fuss pot so hope it's good.

Also wondered about anyones experience cruising bahamas in Jan. Is it swim weather.
Cheers!

On a 3 day cruise earlier this month, at the port we upgraded from a 4A stateroom to the 1-bedroom suite Cat 00T and it cost $525, that's $175/Day. If a 1-bedroom suite is available, you should be able to upgrade at a lower cost per day. For the additional stateroom and veranda footage alone, I'd say it's well worth it. Also, Cat 00Ts are allowed to order room service from both Palo, Remy or any of the main dining rooms should you decide to eat in your room.

On a 3 day cruise earlier this month, at the port we upgraded from a 4A stateroom to the 1-bedroom suite Cat 00T and it cost $525, that's $175/Day. If a 1-bedroom suite is available, you should be able to upgrade at a lower cost per day. For the additional stateroom and veranda footage alone, I'd say it's well worth it. Also, Cat 00Ts are allowed to order room service from both Palo, Remy or any of the main dining rooms should you decide to eat in your room.

Did they let you order from Palo and Remy in the T? It's been that only the Royals could order Palo, and have never heard of Remy being offered to the suites (not even the Royals).

Did they let you order from Palo and Remy in the T? It's been that only the Royals could order Palo, and have never heard of Remy being offered to the suites (not even the Royals).

I misspoke, No Remy ordering, but the rest I was told by the concierge staff. I didn't actually order any room service.

Anyone have comments on 11004? We are staying there in Jan any help would be appreciated. Not sure I am happy about the glassed in verhanda. Nice to have a bigger one but sad it's mostly glassed in. No other rooms available to choose from. Thank you!

I have 11004 book to sail in 27 days! :cool1: I have searched what feels like the entire internet for photos of the room & veranda to no avail. :badpc: So when I return I shall post pictures for you. princess: Crossing my fingers someone does before I go. :hyper:

Thanks guys. Thank you Patty for offering to post pics and your experience! I am so looking forward to seeing and hearing about it. I think the only pics I can find of the bump out are for T's not V's.
Do the V's have two bathrooms??
Thank you.

....Do the V's have two bathrooms?? ....

They have the spit bath setup. One room with toilet and sink, another room with a round shower/tub and sink. Did you see the link in post #11? In that link there are floor plans too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter