• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge Level Help

jontheref

Mouseketeer
We are staying at AK soon for 1 night.
Apparently there are some extra safari's that we can go on as staying on Concierege level....
Can anyone help and give me information about this . . .

I jsut reserved my sunrise one

Here is what I got from allears

What is the Sunrise Safari?

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is available only to concierge guests on Sundays and Thursdays. You meet in the concierge lounge at 6:30 a.m., then departure from the lodge to Animal Kingdom is at 7:30 a.m. The tour, along the Kilimanjaro Safari ride path in Animal Kingdom, lasts about 45 minutes and includes multiple stops so that you can stand up and take pictures. Each of the animals along the way is described in great detail, since there is plenty of time.

After the Safari, you go to the Tusker House for a breakfast buffet, which includes both standard American and African items. Each person also gets a FastPass to Kilimanjaro Safari to experience it "the regular way".

Hours: Sundays and Thursdays, starting at 6:30 a.m.

Cost: Adults is $55.00 and for children (3-9) it is $27.50. NOTE: Park admission NOT included. A credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation (this number will be used as a guarantee only, as the safari is charged to your room the day of the event).

Reservations: This event can only be booked by contacting the Animal Kingdom Lodge Itinerary Planning Office. Note that there is a 48-hour cancellation policy. The safari can be booked 180 days out from the day of the event.

Bill Leska writes: We just returned from a six night stay at AKL, where we did the Sunrise Safari twice. It was that great! Here are a couple of updates you may want to consider: The fact sheet said that there was a limit of 28 persons. This wasn't the case for either of our safaris. One of them had 55 people and the other had about 50. However, there does appear to be a limit to the number of people: We went on the safari on a Saturday and like it so much, we booked it again. As the Concierge was setting things up, he mentioned that it looked good, because there wasn't anyone on the waiting list. (Having a waiting list indicates to me that there is a limit of some kind.) As I mentioned, we had a great time on the safari and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who enjoys the Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari. The Sunrise Safaris were the highlight of our trip.

Sharon Lowe writes: This is my daughter's favorite thing to do at Disney and we're starting the celebration of her 8th birthday on the Sunrise Safari this year. The Wanyama Safari at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in the afternoons is for concierge guests 12 and older and is reserved for Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge guests.

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure Photo Gallery

What is the Sunset Safari?

The Sunset or Wanyama Safari is exclusively offered to Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge Guests. It is approximately 1 1/2 hours long and takes place on the savannas of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is meant to be a re-creation of a true African afternoon game drive and is an opportunity to spend time with members from the animal programs team learning about the natural history and management of the animal collection at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Photo opportunities of the animals and architecture of Animal Kingdom Lodge that can only be experienced from our savannas. Your safari will conclude with a true African dining experience at Jiko, just like the lodges in Africa where a multi-course meal will await you.

Hours: Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays about 1 1/2 hours before sunset at the lodge's Porte Cochere.

Age Requirement: Must be 8 years of age or older.

Cost: $150 per adult (ages 10 and up), tax and gratuity included; $75 per child ages 8-9.

Reservations: This event can only be booked by contacting the Animal Kingdom Lodge Itinerary Planning Office. Note that there is a 48-hour cancellation policy. The safari can be booked 180 days out from the day of the event.

NOTE: Wanyama Safari is not guaranteed with a Concierge Room as admission for each safari is limited to only eight participants.

This thread also speaks of the Wildlife Discovery Excursion.. which happens in daytime hours

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1662349

This post in particular is detailed.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22184088&postcount=4

BaBaGanoush said:
There are several different opportunities DAK offers to guests in regards to the safari. The following briefly describes them:

1. Sunrise Safari - Offered ONLY to concierge level guests at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Only offered on like two days of the week (I think Tuesday and Thursday but that may not be accurate). Offers a 45 minute to hour long safari aboard the standard truck before the park opens. Thus, the truck has the opportunity to stop at various points along the ride path. Will often see animals fairly active as they first shift out onto the safari. Does not offer backstage access as far as I know.

2. Wildlife Discovery Excursion - Offered to concierge level guests at any deluxe resort on Tuesday through Saturday in both the morning and afternoon. Will board a special smaller vehicle (with wheelchair access) accompanied by a safari guide and typically a member of Disney's Animal Programs. 45 minute to hour long journey into the Harambe Reserve with the vehicle often pulling off the standard ride path to allow the regular ride vehicles to pass. The vehicle typically will not stop unless it has reached a point that it can pull off the regular path (thus, it will typically not stop in the Ituri forest or Safi River portions of the safari).

The first two on the list are the ONLY offerings that allow for the vehicle to actually stop in the reserve so if you are wanting the best possible photo opportunities (personally, I just say live in the moment - but that is just me), these would be the programs for you.

3. Grand Gatherings (Wanyama) Safari - Allows for a slower journey (about 22-25 minute) through the reserve but does not guarantee stopping. 2 hour program that I believe includes dinner and a meet n greet with members of Animal Programs. Offered in the afternoon/evening - these are uaully the last trucks of the day that enter the reserve.

4. Backstage Safari - 3 hour program encompassing the backstage areas of Disney's Animal Kingdom and Animal Programs. Program includes an instructor from Disney's Education team who leads guests into various animal support facilities including the Animal Nutrition Center, Vet Hospital, Animal Programs Administration, and various Animal Night Barns. Typically also includes venturing back onstage to ride the Kilimanjaro Safari on a private truck to learn the secrets of the safari. However, truck remains on the ride path and follows normal show speeds (will only slow down for animals in the road as is usual). This program is probably the most varied of the four as it often changes due to the operational needs of the support facilities. The animal barns that are visited often change and there can be a good amount of variety. Also, there is no guarantee of seeing animals backstage because the vast majority of the animals are not held backstage during normal park hours.

I believe those are all the programs offered that include KSR. When booking them through Concierge or through the reservation center, be very clear as to which program you are looking to book because honestly, not all of the booking agents are entirely familiar with the differences.

Hope that answers some of the questions you may have.

There are a few different possibilities at AKL. It will depend on what night you are there if they are available and if you are staying concierge level or not. I got this from the concierge when I requested additional information:
Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is exclusive to concierge guests
Thursdays and Sundays
safari starts at 6:30 A.M. if the park opens at 8 A.M. & 7:30 A.M. if the park opens at 9 A.M
$55.00 for adults and $27.50 for children 3 to 9

Wanyama Safari approximately one and a half hour safari experience
at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge guests experience a
re-creation of a true African afternoon game drive. Your
safari will conclude with a true African dining experience at JIKO, just
like the lodges in Africa where a multi-course meal will await you which
may include a wine pairing. Monday,Wednesday,
Friday and Saturday. Guests must be 8 years of age or older. The price
for the experience is $160 per Concierge club guests 10 and up, $210 for
non-Concierge guests 10 and up and Half price for guest 8 and 9. Tax and
gratuity included as well as a small contribution to the Disney
Conservation Fund.

The Wildlife Discover Excursion takes the Kilimanjaro safari experience
to the next level. Disney's Animal Kingdom invites you to venture off
the beaten path of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve for a unique animal
observation and photo excursion. Led by a seasoned Safari Guide and an
Animal expert, this adventure takes you off the Safari trail, stopping
at special observation and photo areas throughout the 110-acre savannah
of the reserve. The tour takes place Tuesday through Saturday at 10:00
a.m. and 1:00 p.m.. Guest meet in front of Mombassa Marketplace 15
minutes prior to the tour. It can accommodate up to 14 guests who must
be age 3 and older. Payment is taken at time of booking. There is a 48
hour cancellation policy. Cost is $45.00 per person inclusive. You spend
about an hour our on the trail slipping between ride vehicles of the
Kilimanjaro Safari and stopping to view and photograph the animals. The
vehicle is climate controlled. Guest may stand up in the vehicle (there
are hand holds all over the vehicle). It is a great chance to get a
different perspective on the Kilimanjaro Safari. You may take non
concierge guests with you on this experience. Not included with any
package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter