Concierge deposit rules

mygirlsmomma

Earning My Ears
We booked a concierge room and need to change the date. When we called Costco they told us we have to use it on another concierge room or we lose our deposit. I was under the impression we could change categories as long as we did not cancel.

Thanks

I believe you can change categories, but the deposit will remain non-refundable.

Enjoy your cruise!

The deposit is still non refundable, but you can downgrade and change dates. I have done this myself.

I actually just changed our February 2017 concierge cruise to an August 2017 non-concierge cruise this morning. I was able to do it with no problems at all. The representative said that the initial deposit remains non-refundable.

It has been my experience that concierge deposits are non refundable.
We were only able to transfer to another concierge category date.

In addition to changing sail dates, I downgraded one of my concierge bookings to a regular verandah cabin and did not lose the deposit. DCL reminds you that it is non-refundable, so be sure to never use the word "cancel" or you will lose it. I always book directly with DCL. Is it possible that Costco has implemented their own rules as to concierge bookings? As an agency separate from DCL, I suppose they could do that if it is somewhere in the fine print of your agreement with them.

They end up calling DCL while you're on the phone with them anyway, so you can call and tell them what you want, and make sure they understand that they are to talk to DCL and talk with you before changing anything.

Always use the word "change". Never ever use "cancel".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter