Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just did concierge on the Fantasy in late March and it is incomparable to the club level at WDW. A whole different level of service where they truly take care of almost everything for you. If you can afford it you won't regret it.

I'm happy to answer more questions...

First, I just want to say thanks to everyone who responded. The vote seemed to be unanimous for the cruise. I talked it over with DH, and he agreed, so we're on board! We're going to check out of AKL CL on Oct. 24th and do the 3-night Dream.

west&east, you're a bad influence! :lmao: I mentioned CL on the cruise to DH, and after looking at some reviews and some pix online of the extended balcony category V rooms, he realized one of those was still available on deck 12 for the cruise we wanted, and booked it! So, now we'll go from AKL CL to CL on the Dream with an extended balcony.

I knew that "once in a lifetime" AKL CL trip we took in April would come back to bite me! We're completely spoiled now. ;) My $$ disney trips have become $$$$$$$$$$$ trips! :eek:

First, I just want to say thanks to everyone who responded. The vote seemed to be unanimous for the cruise. I talked it over with DH, and he agreed, so we're on board! We're going to check out of AKL CL on Oct. 24th and do the 3-night Dream.

west&east, you're a bad influence! :lmao: I mentioned CL on the cruise to DH, and after looking at some reviews and some pix online of the extended balcony category V rooms, he realized one of those was still available on deck 12 for the cruise we wanted, and booked it! So, now we'll go from AKL CL to CL on the Dream with an extended balcony.

I knew that "once in a lifetime" AKL CL trip we took in April would come back to bite me! We're completely spoiled now. ;) My $$ disney trips have become $$$$$$$$$$$ trips! :eek:

We have been taking "once in a lifetime" trips since our stay at RPC stay in 2005. I'm glad to see this has happened to someone else. Every year we say, it will be a long time before we come back. We never last a year without booking another trip. We are booked at AKL CL for September. Did you have a good experience at AKL CL?

Please give us a review of Club level on the Dream. I'll never book it. It's too expensive for my family of four. I have heard of people asking for upgrades at check in and getting a really good price to upgrade. I may try this someday if we're on a cruise that isn't very full. Congrats on your great trip.

Sounds absolutely fabulous!!!!!!

Please give us a review of Club level on the Dream. I'll never book it. It's too expensive for my family of four. I have heard of people asking for upgrades at check in and getting a really good price to upgrade. I may try this someday if we're on a cruise that isn't very full. Congrats on your great trip.

Ofinn, guess what I did today? Spent about 2 hours prices cruises on the DCL for 2014. Lol. Your review are a baddddd influence. Lol.
Serious though, I think we might go with another family in dec 2014. I have a year and a half to work in DH.

Lol.

I think you made a good choice going with the cruise ::yes::. We are taking our first DCL cruise in December (although not CL), but we have stayed CL at a few Disney resorts and although we don't stay CL every time, it is nice every one in a while :goodvibes. How did you like AKL CL? We've stayed at AKL but not CL and that's one I want to try.

I have heard of people asking for upgrades at check in and getting a really good price to upgrade. I may try this someday if we're on a cruise that isn't very full.

For us to upgrade to CL for our 3 night cruise in December was and additional $1,000 :faint:. As much as I'd love to try it, that's just a little too much for me :rolleyes1. I might see if an upgrade is possible at check in, but either way, I know we'll have a great cruise :boat:.

Ofinn, guess what I did today? Spent about 2 hours prices cruises on the DCL for 2014. Lol. Your review are a baddddd influence. Lol.
Serious though, I think we might go with another family in dec 2014. I have a year and a half to work in DH.

Lol.

How exciting :yay:. We were originally going in July but changed to December and I couldn't be more excited. We've been to WDW twice during the holidays, so I'm very excited to see the Dream all decorated for Christmas :santa:. Good luck with your DH, although I think once you show him pics and everything there is to do on a cruise he won't have any trouble agreeing to go on one :thumbsup2.

Lol.

It took a little prodding to get my dh to try a cruise. Now he is hooked. Unlimited amounts of food, and no kids around for most of the day is a big selling point.

We have been taking "once in a lifetime" trips since our stay at RPC stay in 2005. I'm glad to see this has happened to someone else. Every year we say, it will be a long time before we come back. We never last a year without booking another trip. We are booked at AKL CL for September. Did you have a good experience at AKL CL?

I think you made a good choice going with the cruise ::yes::. We are taking our first DCL cruise in December (although not CL), but we have stayed CL at a few Disney resorts and although we don't stay CL every time, it is nice every one in a while :goodvibes. How did you like AKL CL? We've stayed at AKL but not CL and that's one I want to try.:.

For the most part, we really enjoyed AKL CL. IPO got us all the reservations we wanted, and had a lovely chat with an IPO CM named Don who has apparently been there a long time and knows everything there is to know about Disney. We had one slight hiccup when IPO didn't book our tomorrowland terrace dessert party, but they got it straightened out and we were able to go on the night we wanted.

The staff in the lounge was great. Bell services lost my raincoat and Melissa spent an hour with us ordering a new one and having it rush shipped to the resort so I'd have it for most of the week. They definitely remembered us from day to day - they'd ask us things like how our dinner reservation at XYZ restaurant was two night ago, etc, so clearly they were on top of things. When they found out DH is allergic to nuts they would walk with us to the food section when the new selections came out to tell him what to avoid. They also offered to get him some special nut-free appetizers and desserts but he told them not to worry about it, because there was plenty he could still have. I'm the type of person who loves b&b's with friendly owners who like to chat, so for me, the lounge staff was a little bit like that.

We loved the view from the lounge, too. Thought we'd be upset there was no animal view, but the view of the lobby was beautiful, and we didn't miss the animals because we could see them from our room. Since you've stayed CL before you know what the food selection was like. I was mostly happy with it, though I wish they had some food later - the lounge was accessible at all hours, but they took away all the food at 10, even the drinks in the fridge.

The room was fine - we've stayed SV before and didn't notice much difference, other than the DVD player in the CL room. I wish there were CL rooms further down the hall, as I don't like being so close to arusha rock - I kind of felt like i was on display when i was on my balcony (look! the elusive relaxing tourist! we don't see many of those around here - quick, get a picture!). When we stay non-CL savannah room we ask for the third or fourth pod of rooms; our CL room was in the second. I will say the soundproofing between the rooms was excellent - we know we had neighbors because we could hear them on the balcony, but didn't hear a peep in the room the entire week, even with a connecting door. It was my 40th birthday, and I got a great birthday package with the usual button, a beaded figurine from the gift shop, and some chocolates with the lodge screenprinted on them.

We did have a slight issue with our turndown service, which we reported to the lounge and also on our post-stay survey. The first three nights we got turndown with chocolates and a pretty cool art card. The next two nights we didn't get turn down at all. Not a big deal, but we mentioned it to the CM in the lounge when we were talking to him about something else, and he called mousekeeping to make sure it got done that night. Get back to the room, no turndown, and a message from mousekeeping saying if we want turndown we have to remove the "do not disturb" sign from the door. Well, that sign wasn't on the door, so I was pretty sure the call was a CYA move from the person who didn't do our turndown. So, the next day I again reported it to the lounge, mostly because I was mad about the phone call - I'm fine with an oversight, not so fine with lying. The CM again called mousekeeping, and credited us $20 a night for the three nights we didn't get mousekeeping (which was totally unnecessary, and I told him so, but he did it anyway). That night, which was our last, we came back to find what we jokingly called "throwdown service" - blankets not turned down, and no art card, but chocolates thrown all over the bed area - under the bed, on the night table, etc. That was really our only issue with any of the CL perks, though - everything else was wonderful.

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves so much, we booked the Oct trip as a bounceback before we left in April. It's like a horrible, wonderful, horrible addiction...

For us to upgrade to CL for our 3 night cruise in December was and additional $1,000 :faint:. As much as I'd love to try it, that's just a little too much for me :rolleyes1. I might see if an upgrade is possible at check in, but either way, I know we'll have a great cruise :boat:.

Ofinn, will do. Cruise is the end of Oct, so it'll be in Nov. Cruise critic (if I'm allowed to mention other boards on here) has a couple of short reviews, which we looked at before booking.

For the Oct 24 cruise, the CL room was $600 more than the mid-level balcony stateroom we were looking at, and I think $400 more than the family balcony room we were considering for the extra space. We thought that would be worth it, especially because it will give me someplace to hang out in the Bahamas because I probably won't get off the ship (been to the Bahamas a million times before) and DH will go diving which usually takes 5-6 hours. I don't think I could justify $1000 for three days, but staying AKL CL has made me do crazy things now that I'm spoiled.... :rotfl:

Lol.

Since I've been lurking on the disboards (way before i joined) I have:

1. bought annual passes. twice. even though i live 1,000 miles away.
2. stayed CL at a deluxe, instead of my usual POR
3. now booked CL on DCL, even though I swore I'd never cruise DCL again because it's so much more expensive than royal caribbean, which is our favorite.

This whole website is a bad influence!!! :rotfl2:

How exciting :yay:. We were originally going in July but changed to December and I couldn't be more excited. We've been to WDW twice during the holidays, so I'm very excited to see the Dream all decorated for Christmas :santa:. Good luck with your DH, although I think once you show him pics and everything there is to do on a cruise he won't have any trouble agreeing to go on one :thumbsup2.

That's what I am hoping. How crowded do the cruises feel?

It took a little prodding to get my dh to try a cruise. Now he is hooked. Unlimited amounts of food, and no kids around for most of the day is a big selling point.

That's my angle. Lol. Also being able to bring your own wine/beer. Who knew?!?

Since I've been lurking on the disboards (way before i joined) I have:

1. bought annual passes. twice. even though i live 1,000 miles away.
2. stayed CL at a deluxe, instead of my usual POR
3. now booked CL on DCL, even though I swore I'd never cruise DCL again because it's so much more expensive than royal caribbean, which is our favorite.

Glad I am not the only one!!! Lol. I am scared to even look at AP. lol.

For the most part, we really enjoyed AKL CL. IPO got us all the reservations we wanted, and had a lovely chat with an IPO CM named Don who has apparently been there a long time and knows everything there is to know about Disney. We had one slight hiccup when IPO didn't book our tomorrowland terrace dessert party, but they got it straightened out and we were able to go on the night we wanted.

The staff in the lounge was great. Bell services lost my raincoat and Melissa spent an hour with us ordering a new one and having it rush shipped to the resort so I'd have it for most of the week. They definitely remembered us from day to day - they'd ask us things like how our dinner reservation at XYZ restaurant was two night ago, etc, so clearly they were on top of things. When they found out DH is allergic to nuts they would walk with us to the food section when the new selections came out to tell him what to avoid. They also offered to get him some special nut-free appetizers and desserts but he told them not to worry about it, because there was plenty he could still have. I'm the type of person who loves b&b's with friendly owners who like to chat, so for me, the lounge staff was a little bit like that.

We loved the view from the lounge, too. Thought we'd be upset there was no animal view, but the view of the lobby was beautiful, and we didn't miss the animals because we could see them from our room. Since you've stayed CL before you know what the food selection was like. I was mostly happy with it, though I wish they had some food later - the lounge was accessible at all hours, but they took away all the food at 10, even the drinks in the fridge.

The room was fine - we've stayed SV before and didn't notice much difference, other than the DVD player in the CL room. I wish there were CL rooms further down the hall, as I don't like being so close to arusha rock - I kind of felt like i was on display when i was on my balcony (look! the elusive relaxing tourist! we don't see many of those around here - quick, get a picture!). When we stay non-CL savannah room we ask for the third or fourth pod of rooms; our CL room was in the second. I will say the soundproofing between the rooms was excellent - we know we had neighbors because we could hear them on the balcony, but didn't hear a peep in the room the entire week, even with a connecting door. It was my 40th birthday, and I got a great birthday package with the usual button, a beaded figurine from the gift shop, and some chocolates with the lodge screenprinted on them.

We did have a slight issue with our turndown service, which we reported to the lounge and also on our post-stay survey. The first three nights we got turndown with chocolates and a pretty cool art card. The next two nights we didn't get turn down at all. Not a big deal, but we mentioned it to the CM in the lounge when we were talking to him about something else, and he called mousekeeping to make sure it got done that night. Get back to the room, no turndown, and a message from mousekeeping saying if we want turndown we have to remove the "do not disturb" sign from the door. Well, that sign wasn't on the door, so I was pretty sure the call was a CYA move from the person who didn't do our turndown. So, the next day I again reported it to the lounge, mostly because I was mad about the phone call - I'm fine with an oversight, not so fine with lying. The CM again called mousekeeping, and credited us $20 a night for the three nights we didn't get mousekeeping (which was totally unnecessary, and I told him so, but he did it anyway). That night, which was our last, we came back to find what we jokingly called "throwdown service" - blankets not turned down, and no art card, but chocolates thrown all over the bed area - under the bed, on the night table, etc. That was really our only issue with any of the CL perks, though - everything else was wonderful.

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves so much, we booked the Oct trip as a bounceback before we left in April. It's like a horrible, wonderful, horrible addiction...

Thanks for your review :goodvibes. Sounds like you had a fabulous CL stay, except for the turndown incident. That is horrible that the chocolates were thrown everywhere....there's no excuse for that :sad2:. I have heard Don's name mentioned in a lot of posts as being absolutely amazing!!! AKL CL is on my list of club levels to try, so one of these days we'll make it there ;).

For the Oct 24 cruise, the CL room was $600 more than the mid-level balcony stateroom we were looking at, and I think $400 more than the family balcony room we were considering for the extra space. We thought that would be worth it, especially because it will give me someplace to hang out in the Bahamas because I probably won't get off the ship (been to the Bahamas a million times before) and DH will go diving which usually takes 5-6 hours. I don't think I could justify $1000 for three days, but staying AKL CL has made me do crazy things now that I'm spoiled.... :rotfl:

I'm sure you will love CL on the cruise :thumbsup2. Believe it or not, I did seriously consider upgrading (crazy, I know :laughing:), but I made myself REALLY think about it as $1,000 is alot of money for 3 nights. I still think about it as CL is still available for our cruise, but I'm thinking of asking at check in if it's available and what the cost is. If it's something doable, I may bite the bullet and go for it, but otherwise, I'm sticking with our deluxe family veranda cabin :goodvibes.

So very true :rotfl: :rotfl:.

That's what I am hoping. How crowded do the cruises feel?

We've only cruised twice in the past and although they were quite some years ago, I don't remember ever feeling it being crowded to where you couldn't enjoy yourself. There are so many things to do on a cruise that no one area ever felt more crowded than others, IMO. With that said, I have read reports that the Aquaduck slide on the Dream can get a little crowded with long lines, but I think that can be said for just about any ship with a great pool slide ;).

Update: we checked in earlier. We have a standard view club room at YC and have a great view of Wishes from our balcony. It made my day. I didn't realize I would see anything from our balcony.

We've had that view before a couple of times :) It is great for standard! :thumbsup2

Glad I am not the only one!!! Lol. I am scared to even look at AP. lol.

Once you get the AP, there's no going back. They rope you in with AP room discounts for more trips, then the additional trips make it more cost effective to renew the AP, so you book more trips, etc... Next thing you know you're doing three WDW land trips and one DCL cruise in the same year! :beach:

I think if we had that "throwdown service," after already complaining, my wife would have gone nuclear on the manager. :)

We also had missed turndown service a fee nights, and even one day we called and requested early regular housekeeping, it wasn't done by 3 or 4:00...

Once you get the AP, there's no going back. They rope you in with AP room discounts for more trips, then the additional trips make it more cost effective to renew the AP, so you book more trips, etc... Next thing you know you're doing three WDW land trips and one DCL cruise in the same year! :beach:

That is so me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter