Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, any recent reviews of WL CL? Recent food offerings?

I also wanted to know how big the lounge is. We've stayed at BWI CL and GF SL. SL had more tables. BWI sometimes ran out of space. SL also had a TV for the little ones. How will WL compare?

Can you sit at the tables even if the lounge is closed?

Also, what kind of view should I request at WL CL? If I ask for courtyard view, will the pool noise be bothersome? Will I be close to the lounge?

Also, not CL related but how much smaller are the rooms than CR or BWI. Trying to get a feel for the room size.

I'm assuming there's no major construction ongoing now?

Hi, any recent reviews of WL CL? Recent food offerings?

I also wanted to know how big the lounge is. We've stayed at BWI CL and GF SL. SL had more tables. BWI sometimes ran out of space. SL also had a TV for the little ones. How will WL compare?

Can you sit at the tables even if the lounge is closed?

Also, what kind of view should I request at WL CL? If I ask for courtyard view, will the pool noise be bothersome? Will I be close to the lounge?

Also, not CL related but how much smaller are the rooms than CR or BWI. Trying to get a feel for the room size.

I'm assuming there's no major construction ongoing now?

I can't give a recent review of WL CL offerings as our CL stay there was quite some time ago, but I can comment on the lounge. WL CL doesn't really have a "lounge" like those of the other deluxe resorts that are a separate room for serving and seating. The seating is arranged along the U shaped railing that overlooks the lobby (which I just love). Since the serving area is separate from the seating, the tables and chairs are accessible all times of day and night, regardless of whether or not food is being served. When we stayed WL CL, the food was set up on tables overlooking the main pool, rather than in its own area. That has since been redone, with the food now being in a separate room that is closed when nothing is being served. I haven't stayed BWI CL, but have stayed GF SL and I did not like SL at all. I thought the lounge was too crowded with not enough seating to accommodate all of the people that stay there (but this is just my opinion).

As far as room size, we have not stayed at BWI or CR, but have stayed at BC (where rooms are comparable in size to BWI) and Poly & GF (comparable to CR room size). I saw a significant difference between the monorail resort rooms and WL rooms, with the WL rooms being significantly smaller. Comparing WL to BC, I found a slight difference in room size, with the WL being just a little smaller than BC. With that said, IMO, the Epcot resorts fall in between the WL and monorail resorts in regard to size.

Thanks mickeynut1. I think I like that arrangement actually, it's like having your own private lobby overlooking the main lobby below. Would you say it would kinda make up for the less room space? DD and I could use it to hang out and play card games for example?

It's been a while (last summer) since we went to WDW. We burned ourselves out the year before by going 4 times (it was great but too expensive)! It's nice to come back to the boards and find the same folks, it's like finding old friends.

It's only a 2 night stay this week but I booked CR Garden Wing, and now being tempted by WL CL as it's practically the same price. If we book we will be first timers at WL (although we've eaten there before). But I've read the posts since January of this year and found just a handful mentions of WL CL.

I suppose the advantage would only be the breakfast offerings and pre-dinner snacks. So in effect trading room space for the CL food... We don't have any ADR's to make really. We typically decide to go the week before.

I take it from you comments about SL that there's enough tables for everyone without a wait at WL?

I have questions about the pool which I will post in the WL thread. Thanks!

Thanks mickeynut1. I think I like that arrangement actually, it's like having your own private lobby overlooking the main lobby below. Would you say it would kinda make up for the less room space? DD and I could use it to hang out and play card games for example?

It's been a while (last summer) since we went to WDW. We burned ourselves out the year before by going 4 times (it was great but too expensive)! It's nice to come back to the boards and find the same folks, it's like finding old friends.

It's only a 2 night stay this week but I booked CR Garden Wing, and now being tempted by WL CL as it's practically the same price. If we book we will be first timers at WL (although we've eaten there before). But I've read the posts since January of this year and found just a handful mentions of WL CL.

I suppose the advantage would only be the breakfast offerings and pre-dinner snacks. So in effect trading room space for the CL food... We don't have any ADR's to make really. We typically decide to go the week before.

I take it from you comments about SL that there's enough tables for everyone without a wait at WL?

I have questions about the pool which I will post in the WL thread. Thanks!

You're welcome :).

The seating arrangement is one (of the many) things I love about WL CL. I think it's relaxing to sit and watch all of the goings on and hustle and bustle of the lobby down below. I think there is plenty of seating for the CL guests. It's been awhile since our stay (9 years), but I don't remember having any trouble finding a place to sit for the 4 of us. WL CL is amazing and IMO, it is worth it over more room space (at least to try 1 time). I have read nothing but great reviews recently about WL CL, so hopefully someone will be able to give more information on recent food offerings. I remember the CL staff being amazing during our stay. They were always available and ready/willing to help with anything we might have needed. We had such a memorable stay that I remember it like it was yesterday that we were there. If it were me, I'd definitely go with WL CL over CR if it's the same price. We love the WL and even though it is hard to go to a smaller room after experiencing the Poly and GF (especially with having 2 older teens), we wouldn't hesitate to stay WL CL again. That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs :goodvibes.

turnnigleaf - we just did a WL CL stay in March. I wasn't sure I would like the non-private feel of not having the seating IN the lounge, but it worked out great. There is TONS of seating, it's the entire floor, which overlooks the lobby. On the opposite side of the lounge there are also sofas with 2 TVs (I think 2) for relaxing.

You mentioned playing cards - if you have a chance go over to the VWL. It is the most relaxing area I've ever been in at WDW! As you enter the lobby turn right - there are several rooms & nooks with relaxing seating, a game table for checkers, and a cozy fireplace. We spent almost an hour over there just relaxing & playing games.

The food in the WL lounge was better than at BC CL. We had venison chili, chicken wings, salads, cheese, etc. in the evening. Breakfast was the standard CL fare of pastries, bagels, oatmeal, cereals, etc. It was all delicious & plentiful. The attendants were super nice & the lounge was always clean. I got to meet Randy, the famous CL manager, he was sooooo nice.

The room - that was the only downside to the WL stay. We value space, and the room was small. We had a bunk room so it should have felt even a little bigger than a room with 2 queens, but it was tight. It was definitely smaller than Poly, and felt smaller than any other standard room we've had, including values & mods. I had wanted to book the Deluxe Room at WL but they are never discounted, and it was just too much $. We all agreed next time we'd splurge on the Deluxe room or stay at VWL. Or leave dad at home since he was grouchy in the small room LOL!!

Overall we LOVED WL and can't wait to return. Our next trip is to BWI CL so we'll have that to compare to WL & BC CL.

The seating arrangement is one (of the many) things I love about WL CL. I think it's relaxing to sit and watch all of the goings on and hustle and bustle of the lobby down below. I think there is plenty of seating for the CL guests. It's been awhile since our stay (9 years), but I don't remember having any trouble finding a place to sit for the 4 of us. WL CL is amazing and IMO, it is worth it over more room space (at least to try 1 time). I have read nothing but great reviews recently about WL CL, so hopefully someone will be able to give more information on recent food offerings. I remember the CL staff being amazing during our stay. They were always available and ready/willing to help with anything we might have needed. We had such a memorable stay that I remember it like it was yesterday that we were there. If it were me, I'd definitely go with WL CL over CR if it's the same price. We love the WL and even though it is hard to go to a smaller room after experiencing the Poly and GF (especially with having 2 older teens), we wouldn't hesitate to stay WL CL again. That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs :goodvibes.

:thumbsup2 Yes to all!! There is lots of tables for 2. DH and I watched EWP with wine and cobbler, it WAS AWESOME :dance3: In the mornings it wasn't crazy like YC and SL.

turningleaf you also asked about the room view/noise. We booked a standard room but got a courtyard view overlooking the pool. We checked in late, around 10pm & when I went out on the balcony there went the EWP. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

We heard no noise at all from the pool area, however we were fairly far from the lounge. We were near the end of the hallway. The balconies in this area have the high walls, you have to be standing to look out over & see anything.

The Club Level staff were fantastic and went above and beyond for us on several occasions. Our faves were Hans and Sam! I can't recall all the beers they had but there were about 5 kinds and included Tusker and Yeungling for certain. Maybe Bud Light and Heineken too? I didn't pay attention to the wines since we don't really drink it but people were enjoying it.

There were only about 3 dessert offerings a night, and two hot appetizer offerings, and there were quite a few "repeats" during our five nights. When we stayed at WL there were always far more offerings at each service, nd I didn't see any repeats in evening offerings. I was very surprised at the "slim pickings" at AKL CL. The only service that had quite a few options was at the breakfast service (though the offerings were identical every day).

We had a great time and appreciated the great service but food/snack-wise, I thought the variety and quantity of offerings at WL was far superior to AKL. I prefer AKL as a resort, but if you're doing CL for the snack offerings, you may be a bit disappointed at the lack of variety.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review. We will be there this summer and was hoping for more offerings. We do have 2 dinners at Jiko booked, but am interested in trying things in CL that we usually don't order. Did they at least replenish often?

Do you remember if the wines are African wines? I hope so. We thought the wine in BC CL and Atrium at CR were swill. Do they serve the mimosas all day?

Hi all,

We *just* decided to go this summer and are doing a split stay at POP and AKL CL. Since we just booked, we haven't heard anything from the IPO. We really, really would like to try to book the Sunrise Safari and only have one day we could do it. Do you guys think there's still a chance we will be able to get on? Oh! And how long would you give the IPO to contact us before I shoot them an email?

Thanks!!

mirage0306 said:
Hi all,

We *just* decided to go this summer and are doing a split stay at POP and AKL CL. Since we just booked, we haven't heard anything from the IPO. We really, really would like to try to book the Sunrise Safari and only have one day we could do it. Do you guys think there's still a chance we will be able to get on? Oh! And how long would you give the IPO to contact us before I shoot them an email?

Thanks!!
If you want to book the safari call them. They can check for availability for you. About contacting the IPO, I always send them an email when we book. I include our last name and resv # in the subject line.

mirage0306 said:
awesome--i'll email them today. thanks!

are they available for calls on the weekend, or is it only weekdays?

You can call on weekends. Happy planning!

That was our first CL stay and after trying GF RPC and SL, WL CL ranks right up there with RPC for me. RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second as far as atmosphere, food offerings, and CMs :goodvibes.

Wow, ranking 2nd to RPC seems like a great recommendation. I've never stayed at RPC but I was able to spend an afternoon in that lounge once and it was awesome.

Thanks so much TaraPA! We'll try to check out that card room at VWL.

I'm glad to hear lots of seating in the club level and TV's too! As long as the food is comparable to BWI we'll be ok (SL has more food variety but we're not expecting that), but seating for me is the most stressful part of staying Club Level.

Yes I admit I'm worried about the room size, but I think for our short stay, it will be ok AS LONG AS we can use the seating area for the lounge as additional space to chill out and maybe eat our QS.

I just wanted to say we really like BWI CL, and would love to hear what you think. It was the first CL we ever tried. My mom especially likes the bright CL room there. It can get a tad busy at breakfast time, but we've never had problems being seated and the rush is quickly over and rest of the day is very pleasant. Every time we plan to book BC, we have always ended up booking BWI. For this reason we've never tried SAB!

turningleaf you also asked about the room view/noise. We booked a standard room but got a courtyard view overlooking the pool. We checked in late, around 10pm & when I went out on the balcony there went the EWP. Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

We heard no noise at all from the pool area, however we were fairly far from the lounge. We were near the end of the hallway. The balconies in this area have the high walls, you have to be standing to look out over & see anything.

TaraPA, would you recommend I request a room closer to the lounge? Or is the walk ok? BWI has very long hallways and we got used to that I guess.

It's my understanding that all the CL rooms have high balcony walls. What do you suggest I request for room view? If I request the view you had that would be a courtyard and bay lake view? Could I request a room with that view and yet be closer to the lounge?

Thank you all for your recommendations, I changed our resort this morning to WL CL! Looking forward to trying it out!

Hope the 5-7pm food offerings are good - we want to try Artists Point but I've been reading not so great reviews. Hopefully we won't be as hungry having come from the Lounge beforehand lol.

When we stayed at SL we had a reservation at Citricos. We ended up splitting an appetizer, entree and dessert, and this worked wonderfully for us.

Ok, I have another question (x-posted to the AKL thread).

We'll be at AKL CL for a few nights this summer and were thinking about requesting a bunk bed room. Does anyone know where these are in the resort, or have any info on them?

TIA!

Thanks so much TaraPA! We'll try to check out that card room at VWL.

I'm glad to hear lots of seating in the club level and TV's too! As long as the food is comparable to BWI we'll be ok (SL has more food variety but we're not expecting that), but seating for me is the most stressful part of staying Club Level.

Yes I admit I'm worried about the room size, but I think for our short stay, it will be ok AS LONG AS we can use the seating area for the lounge as additional space to chill out and maybe eat our QS.

I just wanted to say we really like BWI CL, and would love to hear what you think. It was the first CL we ever tried. My mom especially likes the bright CL room there. It can get a tad busy at breakfast time, but we've never had problems being seated and the rush is quickly over and rest of the day is very pleasant. Every time we plan to book BC, we have always ended up booking BWI. For this reason we've never tried SAB!

We are the opposite, always staying at BC CL (after trying WL and AKL CL's). We are doing a short 2 night at BWI CL in June finally since some friends are staying there, so I'm excited to see the comparison.

I have a quick question about check in. If I'm the primary guest, can I arrive earlier than DH and check in? He's in a conference until noon. I can actually go over at 10 or so with the luggage, but will I be able to check us all in and get our keys? It would save us time so we can get settled and hit the park once DH arrives.

Can I get DH a Discover FL ticket at the Concierge or shall we have to go to the park for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter