Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in with the CL experts as I want to make sure I get a sure answer to this one!

We currently have a room only booking at the BC for Sept 21, and then switch to a package at the poly for the next week. If I upgrade our room at the BC to CL, can the IPO then make all my reservations at 180+10 for that day, PLUS all the time we are at the poly? Same for things like BBB and the pirate cruise?

Checking in with the CL experts as I want to make sure I get a sure answer to this one!

We currently have a room only booking at the BC for Sept 21, and then switch to a package at the poly for the next week. If I upgrade our room at the BC to CL, can the IPO then make all my reservations at 180+10 for that day, PLUS all the time we are at the poly? Same for things like BBB and the pirate cruise?

I'm pretty sure Yes. They can certainly make all your ADR's (and other reservations), and will link them together for you. Just ask nicely. :thumbsup2 We've done a number of stays that were part CL, or split between two resorts, and I've never had a problem getting all the ADR's we want. Granted, I've never been to the chef's table at V&A.

We are planning a late 2014 trip with my mom, step-dad and brother. DH and I really want to head back to WL CL, but my mom is terrified of heights. I can't remember if there is any seating that isn't near a rail. Is there any back down the hallway?

They did for us. Nov '11 we tried a split stay. ASMu family suite for first part then WL CL deluxe room for second half. I asked them specifically on the phone if they would handle our ADR's for the first half, or if I should call myself. She didn't give a resounding "Yes". She said to send her all of our requests and they would help where they could. They did secure all of our ADR's. Two thumbs up for, what I would call, a lil extra service from WL IPO. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

So, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I would personally take CL over a view. The answer is highly subjective though, as to what is important to you.

A nice room view certainly adds to my WDW experience, but it's not a must for me. To be honest, I often find that the so called 'lesser' view rooms offer pretty nice views. (in the general sense of WDW). My Standard view room at BWI looked partly out on the lake. Granted, we could also glimpse part of the hidden access road that runs behind the area...but I found it rather intersting. Our room was over ESPN, the downside was that it was at far end of the resort. I only stayed there once- but at other resorts- pool view is often onlya little more than standard view. Pool view may be slightly noisy during the day, but I always find it cheerful watching families have fun in the pool.

We really enjoy having access to the lounge, and the extra service is nice too. If youa re a die hard do it yourselfer, then you may not appreciate the extra service much. I'm sort of a do it youreselfer, but I also dislike waiting in all the lines at WDW. On CL,there is no line to check-in, get questions answered, and no line to get breakfast or drinks - even if you want seconds.those assests are worth more to me than a room view.

I agree with you, I'd go with CL anyday. We use the lounge much more then taking in the view from the room

uagirl said:
We are planning a late 2014 trip with my mom, step-dad and brother. DH and I really want to head back to WL CL, but my mom is terrified of heights. I can't remember if there is any seating that isn't near a rail. Is there any back down the hallway?

The seating was along the rail. She can take the food back to her room if the view will another her. Or she can sit with her back to the rail.

I answered your question and posted a photo this morning on the WL thread:)

The seating was along the rail. She can take the food back to her room if the view will another her. Or she can sit with her back to the rail.
Actually, there are a few tables that aren't next to a railing. There are some tables along a wall that's on either side of the railing next to the window that looks out on the WL courtyard.

We ended up with BC - CL for our Dec '13 trip in part because my MIL is terrified of heights. There is NO WAY I would ask her to stay so high up in WL, even though I love that resort. She would be tense going to the club, and couldn't enjoy the balcony either.

They can, although they have told me that they only are supposed to if the 2nd part is CL, too. (It was for us, so it wasn't a problem). You may be able to find an IPO person who will make them all even if the Poly is not a CL stay, but I wouldn't expect it of them.

They can, although they have told me that they only are supposed to if the 2nd part is CL, too. (It was for us, so it wasn't a problem). You may be able to find an IPO person who will make them all even if the Poly is not a CL stay, but I wouldn't expect it of them.

:thumbsup2

It's always better to make polite requests. I suppose too- it depends a little how long our second stay is. I just read a post from someone who was at WDW for 24days! I was thinking a few days when I responded earlier.

CL is kind of funny sometimes...The magic and challenge is that they don't always make the same kind of service offers. It's hard to clarify what they will and won't do.

If you ask nicely though, they should be ablet to do it. I agreee that it helps your non-CL is the second part.

We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC. I sent all our requests to the YC IPO, since we were there first & asked them if they could handle all our ADRs. Nope, they forwarded the requests for the days we were at GF to their IPO, to be made at 180 days from that check in. We did get everything we wanted but I thought that was a little silly actually. I mean really, both stays were club level & they still wouldn't do it.

Good luck & I hope they'll do it for you!

A Few Questions...

1) Can I send room requests to concierge IPOs? Would that be of any benefit? If so, when would be the best time to do so?
2) Are there any exclusive tours for CL guests (other than AKL - safaris) anymore now that the Wildlife Excursion is no longer offered?

We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like YC CL compared to GF RPC? We've stayed RPC (love it) and are thinking of trying YC, but I'm worried I will be disappointed and that I won't like YC as much. I've read the lounge is small and food offerings aren't the greatest. I know everyone has differing opinions and what one person likes another doesn't, but how would you compare the two as far as lounge size, seating, food offerings, etc? TIA :flower3:.

We did a split stay in Sept 2011, YC club then GF RPC. I sent all our requests to the YC IPO, since we were there first & asked them if they could handle all our ADRs. Nope, they forwarded the requests for the days we were at GF to their IPO, to be made at 180 days from that check in. We did get everything we wanted but I thought that was a little silly actually. I mean really, both stays were club level & they still wouldn't do it.

Good luck & I hope they'll do it for you!

Wow! I have never had that response with our split-stays. We've done 2 and 3 resort splits and the IPO CMs seemed happier to have us use one IPO office. I guess it really does depend on who you talk to at the time...:confused3

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like YC CL compared to GF RPC? We've stayed RPC (love it) and are thinking of trying YC, but I'm worried I will be disappointed and that I won't like YC as much. I've read the lounge is small and food offerings aren't the greatest. I know everyone has differing opinions and what one person likes another doesn't, but how would you compare the two as far as lounge size, seating, food offerings, etc? TIA :flower3:.

Hi mickeynut! I'll chime in here since I've stayed at both, too... I hate to say that they don't compare too well IMO. We stayed CL at the YC last summer (and several times before). It was really nice to have the lounge, the IPO staff, the food, etc. But it isn't as "grand" as the lounge at the GF and the food isn't as good IMO. We stayed there last summer because we wanted to be close to Epcot and because, frankly, the RPC price was too high. So I have no complaints... the CMs were very nice and all... but the lounge itself is more of a large room. (The lounges that have more space and ambiance IMO are RPC and AKL). I would definitely stay at the YC CL again, but if you are trying to compare it to RPC it's not quite the same.

Hi mickeynut! I'll chime in here since I've stayed at both, too... I hate to say that they don't compare too well IMO. We stayed CL at the YC last summer (and several times before). It was really nice to have the lounge, the IPO staff, the food, etc. But it isn't as "grand" as the lounge at the GF and the food isn't as good IMO. We stayed there last summer because we wanted to be close to Epcot and because, frankly, the RPC price was too high. So I have no complaints... the CMs were very nice and all... but the lounge itself is more of a large room. (The lounges that have more space and ambiance IMO are RPC and AKL). I would definitely stay at the YC CL again, but if you are trying to compare it to RPC it's not quite the same.

Hi there :wave2:. The highlighted part is what I was afraid of. I think RPC has a great variety as far as food offerings and I love how the lounge overlooks the lobby (as does the WL CL lounge, which I love). AKL has also appealed to me for that reason as well. I'm going to have to do a little more research and try to make a decision. Right now I'm considering YC CL, Poly CL, and AKL CL. I would love to do RPC, but like you said, the prices are getting too high and the nights we need are peak season pricing (with little chance of a discount), so I can't see that happening.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I really appreciate it :).

Right now I'm considering YC CL, Poly CL, and AKL CL. I would love to do RPC, but like you said, the prices are getting too high and the nights we need are peak season pricing (with little chance of a discount), so I can't see that happening.

Thank you for your honest opinion, I really appreciate it :).

We've stayed at all 3 -- I'll try to give you my pros-cons. But they are just my family's feelings of course... YMMV ;)

AKL CL -- Pros: great lounge with space and atmosphere, sunrise safari, we love the food there (not run of the mill CL food, and the only CL other than RPC that does scones and tea in the afternoon), the amazing espresso machine, great IPO office, and the animals. Cons: taking buses all the time (but we choose to stay there for only part of our trip so it's not really a problem), smaller rooms, a bit of a walk to the CL lounge.

YC CL -- Pros: walking distance to Epcot and DHS, the great pool, larger rooms. Cons: smaller lounge, average food.

Poly CL -- Pros: big lounge with that great view, lounge is convenient to the pool area (location of the other two make it tougher to go up and get a drink or a snack), good food in the evening, the views of the castle, really large rooms, and the easy transportation to MK and EP. Cons: lounge was crowded, food (other than 5p) got boring after a few days, the cost (at least for us, it was quite a lot more $ than the other two).

But I like them all. If there was one place at WDW that I thought was perfect I guess I'd never be willing to try the other resorts. ;)

We've stayed at all 3 --

But I like them all. If there was one place at WDW that I thought was perfect I guess I'd never be willing to try the other resorts. ;)

I can basically second MMMEars review. YC is one of the few lounges I've not yet tried, but I hear it's similar to BC, which we've done several times. The two resorts share many amenities. The one big thing I'd say about BC, is the staff is super! I also really love the pool area, the pool at GF is a little boring. Poly was nice, but the CL building is only convenient to the pool. It's rather far from the monorail platform.

For us, the food in all the lounges is quite similar. They all serve cheese, bread, (fried) dumplings, veggies like carrot sticks, basic fruits like melon. BC had lobster salad! GF is the only one with plain yogurt, which I really like, and slightly better fruit (a FEW berries ). Loved quinoa at AKL.

We've stayed at all 3 -- I'll try to give you my pros-cons. But they are just my family's feelings of course... YMMV ;)

AKL CL -- Pros: great lounge with space and atmosphere, sunrise safari, we love the food there (not run of the mill CL food, and the only CL other than RPC that does scones and tea in the afternoon), the amazing espresso machine, great IPO office, and the animals. Cons: taking buses all the time (but we choose to stay there for only part of our trip so it's not really a problem), smaller rooms, a bit of a walk to the CL lounge.

YC CL -- Pros: walking distance to Epcot and DHS, the great pool, larger rooms. Cons: smaller lounge, average food.

Poly CL -- Pros: big lounge with that great view, lounge is convenient to the pool area (location of the other two make it tougher to go up and get a drink or a snack), good food in the evening, the views of the castle, really large rooms, and the easy transportation to MK and EP. Cons: lounge was crowded, food (other than 5p) got boring after a few days, the cost (at least for us, it was quite a lot more $ than the other two).

Thanks :goodvibes. AKL CL has alot of followers and is actually on my list to try. We've stayed at AKL before and although buses are the only way to get around, we loved the resort and didn't think the transportation was bad at all. We are used to the larger rooms at the other deluxes (especially the Poly) and it's hard for us to go back to the smaller room, but it may be worth it to give CL a try ;).

I can basically second MMMEars review. YC is one of the few lounges I've not yet tried, but I hear it's similar to BC, which we've done several times. The two resorts share many amenities. The one big thing I'd say about BC, is the staff is super! I also really love the pool area, the pool at GF is a little boring. Poly was nice, but the CL building is only convenient to the pool. It's rather far from the monorail platform.

For us, the food in all the lounges is quite similar. They all serve cheese, bread, (fried) dumplings, veggies like carrot sticks, basic fruits like melon. BC had lobster salad! GF is the only one with plain yogurt, which I really like, and slightly better fruit (a FEW berries ). Loved quinoa at AKL.

Thanks for your input as well :flower3:. I have heard the staff is great at BC/YC CL. We had a great stay at the BC in the past (although not CL), so I'm thinking YC might be nice to try. Our favorite resort overall is the Poly as we loved everything about it, so maybe CL is worth the cost to give it a try :).

Just adding to the comments about split CL stays:

Last year when I booked a split CL stay (BWI and WL), I asked the IPO who should handle my requests. They said that the first resort's IPO should handle all the requests for both resorts, but it's up to the guest if they want two IPOs involved. Fewer chefs in the kitchen is usually better so I had the first resort's IPO handle it all. But, I did place my room location requests with each respective IPO and filled out each Itinerary Planning Form, but the first IPO made all the reservations.

When I've had a CL/non-CL split, I just gave all my requests to the IPO for both stays and they just went ahead and made reservations for both stays, no questions asked. I hardly ever have any requests/reservations for them to make, so perhaps that's why they went ahead and did it:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter