Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched my entire ressie over to BWI last night. I don't want to bother with packing/re packing & worrying about waiting for our luggage the day of my DH's Birthday.
I e-mailed them again & made note of the change. I asked if they could suggest some activities for my teenagers because we haven't gone since 2008, & it was a very different vacation. My DH had just had brain surgery & had a difficult time there & the kids were quite a bit younger.
I wasn't sure if they did the small boat rentals for the kids (14 & 17) or any other suggestion of an activity over by BWI.
They e-mailed me back & said they already noted my room request & DH Birthday in my file (I asked if you were able to request a balcony in the Garden Suite?) this is a new room we changed to & I've never stayed there & for my DH B-Day I wanted to get some balloons & whatnot (I thought they'd recommend someplace to purchase these things)
They wrote back & said that I could fill out my profile info under my Disney Experience & see the things that are available once I filled out my profile & see what came up?
Wow! What a difference from WL IPO..I asked for help with a few specifics & was completely blown off while WL IPO offered me suggestions, offered to book things for me, etc. I'm kinda p.o.'d to be honest!
Yes, I could build a profile & take care of the other things I'm completely unaware of booking there, but isn't that the point of IPO? Maybe ppl are right! Maybe it's turned into Concierge employees putting out food & shoving out phone #'s? I really wish WL worked for us. My family spends every night in Epcot & I have a nerve disorder that's progressive & I might need an ECV this year, so making constant transfers would be more difficult when I could take the back way thru Epcot & be at our hotel!
Someone please give me some suggestions how to proceed with this because honestly- I could do their job!! I book CL because that's what I use it for/ actual pre-planning help! No offer to help book anything!! Not even an ADR!!

I would call and ask all your questions and give requests. We have been dealing with the same IPO for our upcoming YC stay and they have been helpful on the phone. We are doing a split stay with Poly and while their IPO went above and beyond, I haven't had any trouble with the YC. I asked them to do our ADRs as I am in California and didn't feel like getting up at 3:00 AM to do them myself. I got everything I wanted except BOG and lots of people had that problem for that week.

Good Luck! :goodvibes

I would call and ask all your questions and give requests. We have been dealing with the same IPO for our upcoming YC stay and they have been helpful on the phone. We are doing a split stay with Poly and while their IPO went above and beyond, I haven't had any trouble with the YC. I asked them to do our ADRs as I am in California and didn't feel like getting up at 3:00 AM to do them myself. I got everything I wanted except BOG and lots of people had that problem for that week.

Good Luck! :goodvibes

Funny you should mention ADRs from California! We're on central time at home, so I always make my own ADRs. But we're spending the second half of August in Newport Beach and I'm not crazy about the idea of waking up at 3am - maybe I should send my requests to IPO too. Did they make your reservations right at the 180 day mark? Do you remember what time you heard back from them?

Funny you should mention ADRs from California! We're on central time at home, so I always make my own ADRs. But we're spending the second half of August in Newport Beach and I'm not crazy about the idea of waking up at 3am - maybe I should send my requests to IPO too. Did they make your reservations right at the 180 day mark? Do you remember what time you heard back from them?

I contacted the IPOs at 190 days and filled out their forms. They booked our ADRs at 180 days and let me know by 8:00 am PST. Everything we wanted we got except BOG and everything was within 20 min of our requested time. The hardest part we letting someone else do it! Have a great time in Newport! We are going the opposite direction and heading to Maine for the 2nd half of August. Great place but a really long trek for us.

I have a client staying BC early next month & never heard from them but really didn't need anything from them since her son made all ADRs & everything for their family. Last week they contacted me wanting to know an estimated time of arrival & how she was arriving as well as any room requests she may have. I was surprised but pleased although a smudge confused since I did OLCI for her but at least this way there seems to be more of a chance her room will be ready & I was a Le to ask for connecting rooms as well.

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Does anyone know if WL lounge is open all day? Thanks

The lounge itself (seating) is accessible 24/7, but the food offerings are only certain times. The following are the hours:

Coffee Service - 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
Continental Breakfast 7:00 am - 10:30 am
Snacks and Refreshments 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wine and Cheese Selections 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cordials and Desserts 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

The above is from the WL FAQ. Here's a link to the CL section:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48394479&postcount=7

Is there a set menu for BC CL hot offerings that you could find out before your trip. We are going 9/18 and would love to know what they put out. I've seen menus for poly buy can't seem to find BC. Thanks!

The lounge itself (seating) is accessible 24/7, but the food offerings are only certain times. The following are the hours:

Coffee Service - 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
Continental Breakfast 7:00 am - 10:30 am
Snacks and Refreshments 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wine and Cheese Selections 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cordials and Desserts 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

The above is from the WL FAQ. Here's a link to the CL section:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48394479&postcount=7

Awesome!!! That is exactly what I was hoping for. That's how it was at AKL, but recent posts have made me worried that WL closes during the day. We use the lounge to spread out and hang out.
Drinks are available 6:30-10p right?

is there an IPO "manager" or "head concierge" or someone that can be contacted when there's an issue with IPO? having some problems with AKL IPO and they need to be resolved today if they're going to be resolved at all.

(not trying to be cryptic, just been complaining a lot on the F&W fest board and don't feel like repeating it all here.... ;) )

We just got back from a WL club level stay. I have to say everything about it was great!! My family of six was a little worried, we would be too cramped to enjoy our stay. We had a deluxe room on the the 3rd floor, so it had 2 rooms, We did just fine in this room. Our location allowed us to easily get to pool area and back through the back stairs. We did have a little hike to get to club floor, but it was good to walk there.

I must say how awesome the CM's were at WL!! They were so accomodating for us. Even when the food/beverage area was closed, you could just ask them for what you needed. I felt the staff ratio is probably what you are really paying for on this level and it showed. My kids are used to DVC, so pretty spoiled, but after staying here, they want to go back!!:yay:

I loved the house chips, became addicted to those on my stay and enjoyed the beer and wine too:thumbsup2, it's why I am on a low carb diet now!!
My kids loved the snacks, drinks, and especially the fresh fruit. We only got to enjoy the appetizers and desserts one evening, but they were delicious.

The housekeeping staff was great too, especially the turn down service. They would clean up too and replace towels while you were out. And needless to say the kids ate all the chocolate that was left.

When it was time for us to go, thank goodness it was raining, so we spent every last possible minute up in the lounge. Hope to be back up there during the Disney Marathon weekend for adults only weekend:goodvibes

Awesome!!! That is exactly what I was hoping for. That's how it was at AKL, but recent posts have made me worried that WL closes during the day. We use the lounge to spread out and hang out.
Drinks are available 6:30-10p right?

Glad I could help :goodvibes. I'm pretty sure you can get drinks anytime. If there is something you need/want, just ask a CM and they will get it for you ;).

is there an IPO "manager" or "head concierge" or someone that can be contacted when there's an issue with IPO? having some problems with AKL IPO and they need to be resolved today if they're going to be resolved at all.

(not trying to be cryptic, just been complaining a lot on the F&W fest board and don't feel like repeating it all here.... ;) )

I would imagine there is, although I can't help with a name or phone number as we've never stayed AKL CL and have never had any problems with any CL stay. Hopefully someone will be able to give you the information you need so you can get things taken care of soon.

We just got back from a WL club level stay. I have to say everything about it was great!! My family of six was a little worried, we would be too cramped to enjoy our stay. We had a deluxe room on the the 3rd floor, so it had 2 rooms, We did just fine in this room. Our location allowed us to easily get to pool area and back through the back stairs. We did have a little hike to get to club floor, but it was good to walk there.

I must say how awesome the CM's were at WL!! They were so accomodating for us. Even when the food/beverage area was closed, you could just ask them for what you needed. I felt the staff ratio is probably what you are really paying for on this level and it showed. My kids are used to DVC, so pretty spoiled, but after staying here, they want to go back!!:yay:

I loved the house chips, became addicted to those on my stay and enjoyed the beer and wine too:thumbsup2, it's why I am on a low carb diet now!!
My kids loved the snacks, drinks, and especially the fresh fruit. We only got to enjoy the appetizers and desserts one evening, but they were delicious.

The housekeeping staff was great too, especially the turn down service. They would clean up too and replace towels while you were out. And needless to say the kids ate all the chocolate that was left.

When it was time for us to go, thank goodness it was raining, so we spent every last possible minute up in the lounge. Hope to be back up there during the Disney Marathon weekend for adults only weekend:goodvibes

Thanks for your review :). Glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the WL. WL CL is amazing and I think the CL CMs are top notch :thumbsup2.

We have a split stay next May, GF and BC. Originally we were staying at the Poly and BC, both of them CL. We decided to switch from Poly due to construction concerns. The only discounted rooms available at GF were lagoon view or RPC TPV. It was over $1000 more for 4 nights for RPC with a discount. We couldn't justify that, especially since DH didn't like RPC. I am scared we are going to feel disappointed without CL for that part of the trip. Have you gone on a non CL trip and not missed it?

We have a split stay next May, GF and BC. Originally we were staying at the Poly and BC, both of them CL. We decided to switch from Poly due to construction concerns. The only discounted rooms available at GF were lagoon view or RPC TPV. It was over $1000 more for 4 nights for RPC with a discount. We couldn't justify that, especially since DH didn't like RPC. I am scared we are going to feel disappointed without CL for that part of the trip. Have you gone on a non CL trip and not missed it?

We don't stay CL every trip and although it's a nice perk, we have amazing trips without it. CL is great, but it's not a necessity for us every trip.

Absolutely agree with mickeynut, we don't stay CL every time. Last year we didn't do CL and didn't miss it. We may not again this year (haven't decided), but I'm starting to miss AKL CL in particular.

But we don't need it. Our family has a great time regardless...

We were worried about no CL or deluxe for that matter for our Christmas trip at POR but we had a great time and POR was beautiful, I'd definitely stay there again!!

That being said we originally booked our Sept trip at POFQ then changed to BWI, then to CR and then to Poly. We haven't stayed at the Poly w/o CL yet and DH couldn't stand it so I had to add it.. SMH.. Don't get me wrong I love CL but its not good for us that he feels we can't go w/o it..

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

There is club level at RPC and Sugar Loaf at the GF. Which would you book for a 4 day visit? What is the difference? Why is the RPC SO much more expensive? Is it really worth hundreds of $$$ per night more? Do you have access to both if you stay in one or the other?

There is club level at RPC and Sugar Loaf at the GF. Which would you book for a 4 day visit? What is the difference? Why is the RPC SO much more expensive? Is it really worth hundreds of $$$ per night more? Do you have access to both if you stay in one or the other?

Ok I mostly lurk...The difference is that RPC is in the Main Building with all the shops, restaurants and the monorail station. You only have to leave the building if you are taking a bus to a park other than MK/Epcot.

Hope that helps

I have never stayed in SL but RPC is amazing. It is more than just the convenience of the main building, for me it is the ambience of the main building. Yes, it is a dream location bc the monorail is right there, shops, restaurants, close to both pools, etc. But the feeling of staying in the main building is wonderful, with the live music and all the energy. The lounge overlooks the lobby and it is a fabulous experience.

I've stayed both SL and RPC and while I didn't care for SL, RPC is amazing. As bethclayton said, the feeling of just being in the main building is wonderful. The lounge has plenty of seating that overlooks the lobby and it's very relaxing to sit in the lounge while listening to the band play. The food offerings are the same in both clubs, but I don't like the SL lounge as it's located right inside the lobby of the SL building and is very small. I found it to be very hectic as there didn't seem to be enough seating to accommodate the amount of people that stay there. If you stay RPC you have access to both RPC and SL; but if you stay SL, you cannot access RPC. I would book a GV room if RPC wasn't doable as I just didn't care enough for SL to book it again (but that's just my opinion ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter