Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only have access to the same online booking system as everyone else, but I have had success when staying at the BWI CL last year of them getting me into the Flying Fish the same evening when Disney Dining advised there was no availability. The CM just called down and spoke to a manager at the restaurant, I was even asked what time I wanted to dine. They did this for me twice :) I'm not sure if it's just because the Flying Fish is a Boardwalk restaurant though.

That's great, thank you! :thumbsup2

We are staying at the AKL CL & I know all rooms are arusha view. Has anyone that has stayed there tell me if it a great arusha view? Or is it just partial or okay? Thanks much! :confused3

They only have access to the same online booking system as everyone else, but I have had success when staying at the BWI CL last year of them getting me into the Flying Fish the same evening when Disney Dining advised there was no availability. The CM just called down and spoke to a manager at the restaurant, I was even asked what time I wanted to dine. They did this for me twice :) I'm not sure if it's just because the Flying Fish is a Boardwalk restaurant though.
One of the BWI Club Level Cast Members told me when they log onto the dining system it can see they are doing it from the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk Inn. So they have better luck of getting you an ADR at a restaurant only located at the Boardwalk, even if you were told it was sold out when calling the Disney Dining reservation number. Now of course that's not the same for all the other restaurants located in in the parks and other resorts. For example this past August we wanted to see if there was any last minute ADR's at Cape May Cafe for dinner, no matter the date and time. When one of the BWI Club Level Cast Members checked the computer nothing was available, although I wasn't surprised since it was during Free Dining.

One of the BWI Club Level Cast Members told me when they log onto the dining system it can see they are doing it from the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk Inn. So they have better luck of getting you an ADR at a restaurant only located at the Boardwalk, even if you were told it was sold out when calling the Disney Dining reservation number. Now of course that's not the same for all the other restaurants located in in the parks and other resorts. For example this past August we wanted to see if there was any last minute ADR's at Cape May Cafe for dinner, no matter the date and time. When one of the BWI Club Level Cast Members checked the computer nothing was available, although I wasn't surprised since it was during Free Dining.

Thanks, that's interesting but I know in my case it was due to the CM (I'm not sure if I can name names?) calling one of the FF managers and asking if they could accomodate me, as I was sat at the CM's desk whilst he made the call. :goodvibes

Thanks, that's interesting but I know in my case it was due to the CM (I'm not sure if I can name names?) calling one of the FF managers and asking if they could accomodate me, as I was sat at the CM's desk whilst he made the call. :goodvibes
You're welcome and I am just telling you what they told me. Now maybe in your case Flying Fish was really sold out even when they checked the computer which is the reason they called. Still it's a known fact that usually you have a better chance of getting an ADR for a restaurant located at the resort you are staying at, compared to other places in WDW.

Still it's a known fact that usually you have a better chance of getting an ADR for a restaurant located at the resort you are staying at, compared to other places in WDW.

You are absolutely correct. Last time we stayed at AKL, there were no Boma reservations available at the reservation number. I asked the front desk and they got us a table because we were resort guest and we were not even CL. I think they save some tables for resort guest as they know they will want to eat at their resort. I'm sure though, if it was crowded and overbooked, the answer would have been no.

You're welcome and I am just telling you what they told me. Now maybe in your case Flying Fish was really sold out even when they checked the computer which is the reason they called. Still it's a known fact that usually you have a better chance of getting an ADR for a restaurant located at the resort you are staying at, compared to other places in WDW.

You're right as I had the same thing happen years ago at the YC.

Re. FF like you say it must have been sold out, even to the CMs computer system, as he did check the system first before calling down to the restaurant, it was funny when I finally made it to FF, I was greeted/treated like a VIP :cool1:

We are staying at the AKL CL & I know all rooms are arusha view. Has anyone that has stayed there tell me if it a great arusha view? Or is it just partial or okay? Thanks much! :confused3

Mine was a GREAT VIEW!!! Enjoy your stay. Take time to slow down and enjoy. You won't regret it.

Forgive my CL newbness! I read through the first page of the thread and couldn't find the answer so figured I'd ask the experts...

• We're doing a split-stay in Sept. with BC (non-CL) and Poly (CL), I assume that if I email the IPO at Poly with any ADR requests it should only be for that portion of the trip? I don't mind making any pre-Poly ADRs myself, just wanted to check here first.
  • Also, should you wait until the 180 mark to email the IPO with your ADR requests or can you email them earlier? I'm keen to get a tea in at the Gardenview at the GF for one afternoon. Everything else I can probably manage on my own.
  • Not related to the IPO (or is it?): our trip will be in celebration of our 10th anniversary. Is there anyway to have a bottle of champagne sent to our room (charged to the room, obviously) or is that something you need to arrange outside of concierge?

This is such a splurge for us, so that's why I'm so clueless! Thanks in advance for your help... :goodvibes

Forgive my CL newbness! I read through the first page of the thread and couldn't find the answer so figured I'd ask the experts...

• We're doing a split-stay in Sept. with BC (non-CL) and Poly (CL), I assume that if I email the IPO at Poly with any ADR requests it should only be for that portion of the trip? I don't mind making any pre-Poly ADRs myself, just wanted to check here first.
  • Also, should you wait until the 180 mark to email the IPO with your ADR requests or can you email them earlier? I'm keen to get a tea in at the Gardenview at the GF for one afternoon. Everything else I can probably manage on my own.
  • Not related to the IPO (or is it?): our trip will be in celebration of our 10th anniversary. Is there anyway to have a bottle of champagne sent to our room (charged to the room, obviously) or is that something you need to arrange outside of concierge?

This is such a splurge for us, so that's why I'm so clueless! Thanks in advance for your help... :goodvibes

I would email Poly IPO atleast two weeks ahead or soon after for your Poly portion of the trip.

When I asked Poly IPO about ordering a bottle of champagne to have put in our room I was told I had to do that thru disneyflorist.

:thumbsup2

Just got back from an amazing 7 days at AKL CL. I have a question is there an e-mail I can use to let someone know how wonderful our stay was and how great one of the CL CMs were?

TIA

Today was the day to make our ADRs. Waiting to hear from IPO. Seems like there is lots of availibility, so hope they were able to get what we wanted. :goodvibes

Just got back from an amazing 7 days at AKL CL. I have a question is there an e-mail I can use to let someone know how wonderful our stay was and how great one of the CL CMs were?

TIA

Please share all about it. Was it easy to get your food on a different floor? Can you bring it to your room? How was your view? Oh please share!!! I cannot wait to hear! :goodvibes

Please share all about it. Was it easy to get your food on a different floor? Can you bring it to your room? How was your view? Oh please share!!! I cannot wait to hear! :goodvibes

We we are actually DVC members so we had the joy of being on the same floor as the lounge. We constantly saw people bringing the food down the stairs of elevator no issues at all it seemed. We had a pool view one night and a savannah view the rest of the week. Both were lovely. We've stayed at Kidani in a SV room and I must say we saw a lot more animals over there then we did at Jambo. But we did see animals and it was really nice.

The staff is what made it so special. We were there for our anniversary and they sent a gift to the room. One CM always went above and beyond and that was Chris. We chatted with him a lot. He would see me and ask me right away if I wanted a Tusker, it is the African beer that I fell in love with, even if it was not out and he would go and grab one. All the staff was very friendly and helpful but he was awesome.

We can not wait to go back and are actually thinking about adding on so we can do CL every trip!!!

The restaurant manager can always give a table to someone if they need to. Rather you're a VIP, or just someone they feel like helping, it's totally in their control. CL CMs are quite used to calling restaurants to request tables for VIPs and believe me they will find room. Also we had a trip a few years ago when someone had deleted all our ADRs and the restaurant manager at Mama Melrose worked us in and also called her friends at our other deleted restaurants and worked us in for those as well.

Thank you Vickis3js! I appreciate the info very much! It sounds like a perfect trip! Thank you for sharing!

We we are actually DVC members so we had the joy of being on the same floor as the lounge. We constantly saw people bringing the food down the stairs of elevator no issues at all it seemed. We had a pool view one night and a savannah view the rest of the week. Both were lovely. We've stayed at Kidani in a SV room and I must say we saw a lot more animals over there then we did at Jambo. But we did see animals and it was really nice.

The staff is what made it so special. We were there for our anniversary and they sent a gift to the room. One CM always went above and beyond and that was Chris. We chatted with him a lot. He would see me and ask me right away if I wanted a Tusker, it is the African beer that I fell in love with, even if it was not out and he would go and grab one. All the staff was very friendly and helpful but he was awesome.

We can not wait to go back and are actually thinking about adding on so we can do CL every trip!!!

Thank you for sharing! :goodvibes

I see you'll be there soon! Post here when you get back--I'll be interested to hear your review of CL at AKL. We are staying CL for the first time in May :)

Just for fun I was checking the WDW website under the special offer for the room only discount from August 14th - October 1st and their rack rates. Well under both reservations the Deluxe Rooms at the Boardwalk Inn are sold out for the dates my family and I will be there which is from August 17th - August 31st. So after seeing that it's a very good thing we got that room as soon as that discount was announced. Although the fact they only have 10 total Deluxe Rooms is a major reason why, so it goes to show you that if you are thinking about reserving one then do that right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter