Concierge at Polynesian

KMarshmallow

Earning My Ears
We're staying at the Polynesian and wondered if it was worthwhile upgrading to the Concierge Level. We have 2 rooms with a total of 7 people.(2 children)

Only you can decide that depending on the rates you find, how much you'll be at the resort, if a continental type of breakfast will suit your group, etc.. It is very nice. They offer fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. for breakfast. Coffee, tea, pop, water and juice are available throughout the day. Appetizers are out 5-7 and are very good. Little desserts and wine and cordials are available in the evening. The staff is great and the location of the building is good, too.

If you can afford it, do it.
We just came back from Poly concierge and loved! I had never done concierge before, but found it worth every cent . Depending on your eating habits, you'll most likely save money -- or at least it will be a wash.
But, for me, the most unexpected benefit was the convenience of not needing to plan the next meal. I never realized when travelling how much time and energy is spent on planning what and where to eat. And I only had to think of myself and my DH. IMHO concierge would be great for seven people with two kids. We often commented on how nice concierge would be with children -- knowing their habit of eating three bites of a $12 hamburger.

Hello:

The way I figured out concierge over room only was this. Room only rate $199 versus concierge $254 a night.

So that meant that for $55.00 more a night we could have concierge, I figured it would cost me about $10.00 for a fridge which we would have ordered in room only (concierge includes a fridge in the room, room only does not unless you pay for it) so now it is only costing me $45.00 more a night for concierge.

I divided the $45.00 by the four of us and it worked out to around $11.00 a person for concierge. So we went for it, and loved it.

We had great off season rates.

Deb.

My family just returned from our first concierge trip at Poly. I definitely found it worthwhile-it cost me $45 extra. I figured with the $10 fridge, $20 water/soda (I think water is usually $2.50 per bottle), $20 breakfast/coffee, $15/$20 in cordials and late night desserts it was worth it for a family of four. That doesnt include the convenience of it being right in your building and if you get a chance to use their other food offerings (particularly the 5-7 sitting).

I was not originally planning on staying at the Polynesian but after reviewing Tikiman's site, changed my mind. Now not only will I want to stay there next year but will also try to do concierge.

Have a great trip!

I stayed Poly concierge last December on a great code rate, and definitely found it to be worth it. The food offerings in the lounge are delicious, and the staff was very helpful. I will be returning to the Poly concierge this December I liked it so much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter