Concerned with changes

Revelation

Earning My Ears
First off I have been to WDW over 20+ times. But have not been able to go in last two years due to finances. Well I am planning on going in January and I am a bit concerned with all the talk of long lines. I enjoyed the old fast pass system, but with all the FP+ makes me concerned that It will be a disaster. Any veterans of WDW that have some advice I may need since things have changed a bit since my last visit.

First off I have been to WDW over 20+ times. But have not been able to go in last two years due to finances. Well I am planning on going in January and I am a bit concerned with all the talk of long lines. I enjoyed the old fast pass system, but with all the FP+ makes me concerned that It will be a disaster. Any veterans of WDW that have some advice I may need since things have changed a bit since my last visit.

See the three links in my signature.

My family went on a trip this March, during heavy crowds for spring break. We did not use FP+ that often. I should note that we didn't use the legacy FP system all that often, either. We probably used about 5 FP in 10+ years of going. We are not rope drop people, so we did not get to the parks until about 30-45 minutes after opening. We scheduled a few FP+ while we were in the parks at the kiosks, I think we used 4 during our 7 day trip. We found the wait at most lines is the same as it's always been. The only rides that seem to have increased in wait are ones like POTC and HM, where FP was previously not offered and is now. It's a Small World seems to be a particularly awful offender. In the past, we waited in lines that were essentially walk on. This past trip, we waited about 35-45 minutes in the standby line. This was in the afternoon during peak crowds, but we did notice that the posted wait times were 75 minutes for POTC, HM, and IASW but we actually did not wait that long. We found the posted wait times at most rides to be way overcompensating.

Anyway, most all the rides that previously offered FP (the e-ticket rides) had pretty much the same wait as they have in other years. We saw everything that we wanted plus a lot of new things we haven't before on this last trip, and enjoyed things so much we booked a stay for June as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter