• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concerned if Tron and Guardians will open by end of 50th?

RebYork

Reb York
My family was planning a trip to Disney next Summer but now we are holding off because it looks like neither of these rides will be open. Is anyone else concerned they won’t make it by next Summer or even by the time the 50th is over? We want to wait to they are open before we visit Mickey.

I would assume guardians will open on or around October 1st 2022 baring any setbacks (epcots 40th and still in the 50th celebration 18 month bubble) idk about an estimate time for tron

I would expect to see a few months between the opening of Tron and GoTG.
I can't imagine them passing up the chance to have separate openings for different attractions.

Those are tough calls. Even with the pandemic, I would not have expected GotG to not be open by now. But I also expected Hoop Dee Doo an Cirque Del Soleil back by now, too. There is ALWAYS going to be something just around the river bend. Disney does that on purpose.

My family was planning a trip to Disney next Summer but now we are holding off because it looks like neither of these rides will be open. Is anyone else concerned they won’t make it by next Summer or even by the time the 50th is over? We want to wait to they are open before we visit Mickey.
If I understand 50th anniversary calendar, it begins October, 2021 and continues for 18-months - until April, 2023.

Disney never/rarely promises a new ride opening date until they can/have to.

Ratatouille is listed as being open at the start of the Anniversary.

I am thinking about my own plans for 2022 and can only hope that one of these rides, Tron & Guardians, are open by then.

And the end of Anniversary is in 2023 - almost 2 years from now. I 'bet' both the rides are ready by then.....to promote the next 50-years......

We put off a trip we hoped to take a few years ago until Galaxy's Edge was open and then life changed significantly for us and we won't be able to make a trip to Disney until 2022, by that time it will be 10 years since our last Disney trip. As someone said above, Disney rolls things out like this on purpose so there is always something new to see. While I would love for Guardians to be open next year for our June vacation, I'm not changing my plans if it is not.

Honestly, I already feel enough pressure about getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group, I can't imaging my anxiety if I have to worry about Tron and Guardians as well!

We want to wait to they are open before we visit Mickey.
There will always be Something New coming. Unless this is a once-in-many-years trip, I am not sure I would put it off.

But, if it is a once-in-many-years trip, I'd wait until there was at least some "soft" announcement of an opening timeframe---like "Summer 2022." I don't think we've even heard that yet for either of these.

It's so hard to know. I thought for sure Ratatouille would be open by our trip in August (it was supposed to open in June 2020) but it won't be. There's always going to be something new. Schedule your trip and hope for the best!

It's my understanding that Ratatouille is ready to go right now, Disney has just made the decision to open it for the 50th, to make that big splash.

It's my understanding that Ratatouille is ready to go right now, Disney has just made the decision to open it for the 50th, to make that big splash.
Yes, I understand that - which makes it doubly disappointing that it isn't open. They basically punted on the 50th and paused an attraction that should have opened in 2020 and delaying the attractions that were planned to actually open for the 50th.

Yes, I understand that - which makes it doubly disappointing that it isn't open. They basically punted on the 50th and paused an attraction that should have opened in 2020 and delaying the attractions that were planned to actually open for the 50th.

Well, I don't think they actually planned on the shutdown happening, which pushed all schedules back. While making it impossible for Tron/Guardians to be open for the 50th, I assume they just decided they needed SOMETHING new for the celebration. That something just so happens to be Ratatouille. Nothing else is close enough.

I mean, we're all disappointed for selfish reasons that Ratatouille isn't open yet. We were there 7 weeks ago, knowing that it was sitting there ready to go. But, I understand why they're not opening it for another 2+ months.

This is why we aren’t going this fall. We hope to have a better chance in catching these rides next Halloween. Plus a lot more will be open. Hubby really wants to ride Tron. If it isn’t open we might postpone our trip.

I think you should just plan your trip. The thing with Disney is they are ALWAYS working on something and there is something new coming that you may miss. I can’t even tell you how many times we just missed something. It seems like every time we’ve gone, something was on the horizon. The fantasyland refurb, Pandora, Toy Story land, Galaxy’s Edge. Every trip something opened not long after and we missed it. BUT that just gives you a reason to keep going back and something to look forward to. There will always be new stuff at the parks!

This is why we aren’t going this fall. We hope to have a better chance in catching these rides next Halloween. Plus a lot more will be open. Hubby really wants to ride Tron. If it isn’t open we might postpone our trip.
The MK Train has been down for 3 years because of Tron… I recall riding it once in October or November and it was shuttered within a few days with no announcement that I was aware of… If I had known I would have ridden it all day long. This just happened with the Jungle Cruisehappened to ride it and dang it closed next day!

They are busy with the new Galactic StarCruiser Resort At Hollywood Studios.

Honestly..... I think Disney is simply trying to recover from the shut down.
There have been so many delays.... and they are scrambling for sure! Disney does not seem to do well when things don't go their way and they have to change dates, etc. Remember how many times Test Track was delayed?! It seemed they would never open that! Tron is a copy of an attraction so there shouldn't be as many delays... but there are! and Guardians has new technology so there are going to be countless delays due to testing, etc.
They needed to have something else big to open on Oct 1, 2021 so they held Ratatouille.
And let's face it.... Disney started too many new things all at once... so now they can't seem to finish any of them!
I wouldn't hold off planning a vacation to wait to see if things open.... because it may be a lot longer than anyone can guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter