Concerned About Founders List at BLT

av8tor

DVC Owner - BLT & BCV
I called our guide early Wed. evening and completed a presale for 2-125 ptl contract at BLT. Late this afternoon she called to let us know the sale went thru. She wasn't able to tell me if we made the founders list and her response to that question left me more than a little concerned. I didn't know until today that she is in Chicago and when I asked about the founders list she said "she didn't know because Florida (DVC) had been very busy". I will be very upset if we don't make the founders list and others who did presale after us do. I sure hope dealing with a guide in Chicago vs. Florida wouldn't impact our making the list. We were assigned a guide from the Chicago office apparently after our initial guide left DVC.

I called my guide (in Florida) on Tuesday right after the announcement. She told me the guides were told that they'd be notified when sales were close to the 1000 mark. Obviously she wasn't notified of that yet (I was her first BLT sale) but she mentioned something about she had to email the info to whoever processes the sales and the emails have the date on them. To me that would mean that it doesn't matter if the email was sent from Florida or Chicago. I wish founding member status was noted on the member site or somewhere so we would all know for sure. (I did see my new contract is showing up on DVCmember.com though!)

AKV had people rushing to buy to make founder status and DVD ended up changing the rules to allow extra founders. Lets wait a see if the do the same thing with BLT.

If you are among the first 1000 people to buy 160 or more points at BLT you will get your name on a fountain and be a "founder". There was a similar program at AKV.

I am in the waiting game too to see if we made the Founder's List. We bought yesterday and I do not see the contract showing up at all on the website. :scared:

I bought last Thursday and still no contract for BLT noted. Called my guide today, he said he submitted the contract on the 18th(officially on the 21st) but it was "out of his hands now." He was told that there have been many buyers calling about there founders status and he was not able to give them any information.

Ken

Called guide today and asked about the founders list, she called back and said we were on it. She said buying thru the Chicago office did not put us behind anyone else

If you are among the first 1000 people to buy 160 or more points at BLT you will get your name on a fountain and be a "founder". There was a similar program at AKV.

Wasn't there some kind of debacle with the AK founers list?

Wasn't there some kind of debacle with the AK founers list?

As a AKV Founder there were a couple of things that bothered us. We were given a Founders deadline and we were told that in order to be a Founder we had to buy before a certain date.

DVD said that they couldn't processes the purchases fast enough so they extended the date. Then they changed their story and said that due to a typographical error by a outside contractor, a mailing was sent out with an incorrect extended date so they had to honor it.

We were told that certain things would happen at certain dates and they never did. Then we received a very poorly written form where we listed how we wanted our name listed on the tapestry. Then we were told that the forms were were so screwed up that we would get a phone call to verify our our listing, haven't been called yet.

Hope it goes better for the BLT Founders.

I called our guide early Wed. evening and completed a presale for 2-125 ptl contract at BLT. Late this afternoon she called to let us know the sale went thru. She wasn't able to tell me if we made the founders list and her response to that question left me more than a little concerned. I didn't know until today that she is in Chicago and when I asked about the founders list she said "she didn't know because Florida (DVC) had been very busy". I will be very upset if we don't make the founders list and others who did presale after us do. I sure hope dealing with a guide in Chicago vs. Florida wouldn't impact our making the list. We were assigned a guide from the Chicago office apparently after our initial guide left DVC.

My guess is that you would not be a founder because the founders list minimum points is 160. Your 2 contracts are more than that but are viewed by DVC as 2 seperate contracts.

As a AKV Founder there were a couple of things that bothered us. We were given a Founders deadline and we were told that in order to be a Founder we had to buy before a certain date.

DVD said that they couldn't processes the purchases fast enough so they extended the date. Then they changed their story and said that due to a typographical error by a outside contractor, a mailing was sent out with an incorrect extended date so they had to honor it.

We were told that certain things would happen at certain dates and they never did. Then we received a very poorly written form where we listed how we wanted our name listed on the tapestry. Then we were told that the forms were were so screwed up that we would get a phone call to verify our our listing, haven't been called yet.

Hope it goes better for the BLT Founders.

We're AKV founding members, at least I think we are. We also have not received a call to confirm our tapestry listing. Anyway, I would not let the founders thing influence you. It is bound to get fouled up.

Then we received a very poorly written form where we listed how we wanted our name listed on the tapestry. Then we were told that the forms were were so screwed up that we would get a phone call to verify our our listing, haven't been called yet.

And didn't they put some pretty severe limitations on what could appear on the tapestry? Didn't each member only get around 12 characters?

And didn't they put some pretty severe limitations on what could appear on the tapestry? Didn't each member only get around 12 characters?

Correct, including spaces and punctuation. Some Founders could only fit their name, "Williamson" others "The Smith's" or "Smith Family". Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

My guess is that you would not be a founder because the founders list minimum points is 160. Your 2 contracts are more than that but are viewed by DVC as 2 seperate contracts.

We purchased over 160 points at BLT but in 4 separate contracts. We asked specifically if this effected the Founding Member status, and we were told it would not. To be honest, I would not have cared if it had since we did not buy to be Founding Members; we had heard about, but did not participate in, the AKV debacle! We simply want to own BLT because we love it!

Blahnde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter