Concerned about dates 4/19-4/29

Dyana

Earning My Ears
Our first trip to WDW was in April 2002 with DD, DGD and DD's DBF. The weather was a bit warm for me but the hours and crowds were great. This trip it will be myself and DH :bounce: I'm wondering with Easter being 4/11 will the crowds thin out the week after Easter week? We will be arriving the Sunday after Easter.
:wave:

The two weeks surrounding Easter are very busy, which is why it is Peak times. Some schools will have the break the week before Easter, some will have it after. You probably will have some crowds.

I personally have never, and most likely will never, travel around Easter as I can't hack wall to wall people and that's what I am afraid of at that time.

Please understand I have no personal experience with this timeframe. Just offering my opinion.

Hopefully those with actual experience will reply soon.

We usually travel at that time because that's when I'm off from school too:D the crowds have always been very manageable. We will be going again 4/19-4/23. I think a lot of N. E. schools are on break that week.

It does appear that the time you are going will be at the end of Spring Break time. But it will still be crowded. We usually go at Thanksgiving or at the beginning of December,when crowds are at their lowest. We did go one year at Spring Break and it was very crowded and vowed never to do it again - ha. But we also stayed offsite which made transportation and logistics that much harder.

Now that our two oldest are in HS and don't get the full week off for Thanksgiving, our plans have changed, and we are now going during their Spring Break. We stay at the BCV, and are able to have fun on the boardwalk at night and go into EPCOT (our favorite park) for dinners and fireworks.

I think for us it is a little different. Having gone so many times, we know what we want to do and see and don't feel like we have to do everything anymore. We utilize Fast Pass to the maximum allowed, which is great. We take more time out to hang at our pool. I think this year, hubbie might even take the kids to Universal for a day, which we have never done before while I hang with the youger two at Stormalong Bay. I refuse to wait in long lines, so if a line is long, we'll either get a FP or come back at another time. There is nothing worse than a stressful vacation. So we minimize this by staying onsite, using Disney's transportation, not being so rushed, etc. We are going to be there for a week, we may do it all, we may not, lol.

I am sure you will have a great time, if it is crowded and you just do some planning.

...we've been last 2 easters... crowds diminish noticeably the week after easter sunday... I guess it is still 'busy' when compared to other times away from holidays, but very manageable for us. We always start our days early and use fast pass etc, before escaping the parks for the villa pool after lunch.

The week before and after Easter sunday are very, very crowded. The *one* time that I went during that time we arrived the Thursday following Easter. It was insane. But by the Sunday after Easter the crowds were very nice. I think you'll be fine.

We will be going at the same time - arriving on the 17th. It is spring break for schools in MA. BUT peak season ends on the 17th and the regular season begins on the 18th. I am hoping that since most other spring breaks will be over, that it will be a bit calmer that week. See you there:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter