Conan knocked it out of the park!

testifyoncruises

Mouseketeer
Conan shows such class last night as he brought his show to an end! He showed how important it is not to burn bridges. I hope others who watched last night, especially all of the younger generation, will realize how important this lesson is.

And it was great to see Cowbell again last night!

I suspect that part of the reason Conan was so civil was that his just signed a contract for tens of millions of dollars, within which he explicitly promised to be civil. :)

I suspect that part of the reason Conan was so civil was that his just signed a contract for tens of millions of dollars, within which he explicitly promised to be civil. :)

DH read that 12 million of what he received was being split between his staff. He didn't feel that NBC had treated them fairly, and that is why the settlement was increased from the numbers being tossed around earlier in the week.

Actually, what it was was after he negotiated is own $32M settlement, he then insisted that NBCU pay an extra $12M to his staff. Nice of him to go to bat for his staff, like that, but it wasn't his money, to be sure. All the money came from his employer.

The show was good last nite,
but earlier in the week, he said, he wasn't allowed to say anything,
but that didn't stop him from singing.
He "sang" to the audience and he called NBC 'morons'.
So, he burned bridges all week, just not last nite.

I have a question,
I know the girl wasn't pregnant, but was that Will Farrel's real wife?

I'm pretty sure the 'pregnant' girl was Kyra Sedgwick. If I'm wrong she was a dead ringer for her.

I only saw part of the show last night but I like Conan and I'm sorry he's not going to be on. His comedy is silly in a cartoonish way...makes me giggle like a little kid. :happytv:

Conan did well and it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm not interested in Leno and Letterman isn't as amusing as he once was so I'm game for another late night show.

I only saw part of the show last night but I like Conan and I'm sorry he's not going to be on. His comedy is silly in a cartoonish way...makes me giggle like a little kid. :happytv:

...yeah....how 'bout that skit with Conan and PeeWee the night before??? :rotfl:

He stated that he was allowed to say anything he wanted.

He stated that he was allowed to say anything he wanted.
Which contradicts the best information about what the contract said. However, since it was not necessarily something bad to say, it wouldn't be against the contract to say it! :rotfl:

Of course, even if he had to justify his statement (which he surely does not!) he could simply say that he didn't "want" to say anything as nasty as what he said earlier in the week. :rotfl:

Great show last night! Loved his guests too. I will watch Conan where ever he ends up. I won't watch Leno. I just wasn't a fan of his before all of this mess.

It was a great show. I like Leno better though. I don't feel sorry for Conan because I know he will move on to other things and he is a multimillionaire. Not bad at all. I think he made out like a bandit here.

Great show last night! Loved his guests too. I will watch Conan where ever he ends up. I won't watch Leno. I just wasn't a fan of his before all of this mess.

I agree. Leno isn't funny at all and half the time he doesn't seem like he's even listening to his guests.

I'm not in love with Conan, but I do think he's a much better host than Leno. And most of the time he makes me laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter