Computers at Disneyworld

regalis

Earning My Ears
So where do you go if you want computer access while at disneyworld? Especially if you don't feel like dragging your broke down laptop on the plane!

Cliff

The resorts that have convention centers in them usually have some type of business center that you can use for a fee.

Do they still have computers located in the parks (at least MK to my recollection)? I remember sending an e-mail to family while on my honeymoon at MK. Sean

If you need acess to select boarding passes they will do this at your hotel or guest services in the park. They did mine at the hotel desk at AKL this past trip and it was wonderful!

By some fluke of luck the tower room we just left at the Contemporary had a computer in it. We were able to sign onto the internet and were never even charged the daily fee.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the room had been being used by staff members and when we were put in the room, they nelected to move the computer out. :confused3 My teenager was happy :)

I thought I heard somewhere that DQ had computers with Internet access for free. Is this true?

you see, our problem is that my fiancee (its our honeymoon) needs to check her email a few times while we are gone. Not a lot, just a few times. I think I will call WL and ask them about a convention or bussiness center,

Cliff

you see, our problem is that my fiancee (its our honeymoon) needs to check her email a few times while we are gone. Not a lot, just a few times. I think I will call WL and ask them about a convention or bussiness center,

Cliff

WL doesn't have a business or convention center. However, there is one at CR, and you can get there via a quick boat ride from WL.

Cliff

I've done this many times, checking Email at WDW. There are business centers at Contemporary, Boardwalk, Yacht club, and, I think, Coronado Springs (although that one I haven't used). The fee is $10 for 15 minutes. However, I wasn't charged at Boardwalk or Contemporary. My guess for that is that the CMs have so many guests who hear them quote the fee and get really angry (like they personally set the fees) that when they encounter someone who just smiles and says "OK, should I pay now or after I'm done?" it's a shock! So be nice, and remember, they're just the messenger on the fee.

sixcats- The computers at the Contemporary were part of a pilot program, so they were meant to be in there and you were purposely not charged for the internet. Hope you liked it!

sixcats- The computers at the Contemporary were part of a pilot program, so they were meant to be in there and you were purposely not charged for the internet. Hope you liked it!

Wow, they're considering providing a computer in the guest rooms? What a fantastic idea, I'd pay a reasonable fee to have web access in my room without having to haul my laptop to WDW. Can you provide any more details about the program they're testing?

Both of our rooms in the Contemporary wing rooms had a computer with internet access for $9.95 per 24hr period. Unfortunately, they remembered to charge us. ;)

I used the computers in the convention center at the Yacht Club. The woman working was very nice and didn't charge me, either! I just used it for one quick email. If I really needed it, I'd pay for it. Beats lugging the laptop. Plus, it was a new experience for me at WDW!

The Boardwalk Convention Center can be handy if you're in Epcot or MGM - just hop on the boat or walk to the Boardwalk from either park. I used a computer there a couple of months ago. The only thing to watch for are the hours - I think it was 10am to 5pm approx. Perhaps call ahead first to check the hours to make sure you don't have a wasted journey. Good luck!

I was at the Contemporary in November for a convention. The second day I was there, when I got back to my room, there was a new computer set up along with a letter from the staff inviting me to take advantage of the free use of the internet during my stay. That was a trial period of free use for a week or so I think. If I remember correctly, the letter indicated that computers will eventually be installed in all rooms of deluxe resorts. One of the mods can verify or correct me on that I am sure. It was a very nice touch to a very nice room! :thumbsup2 I even booked my family's vacation this June from my room computer at the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter