• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Computer folks - What do you think this is?

merekc

DIS Veteran
I have an order confirmation in my email from a company I've never heard of with an attached receipt. The email is addressed to the first letter of my DS8 and our last name.

I googled the name of the "company" and there is an urban wear clothing website with this name.

I know 100% he didn't order anything using a credit card as he does not have access to one.

I am fairly confident this isn't a website he would have even looked at since he doesn't care what he wears and he is majorly into Legos right now (not clothing) LOL. He is very much still a kid.

Do you think this is a virus? or potentially identify theft of some sort? At this point, I know they have my email and his first initial and last name. I'm hesitant to open the attachment or even contact the company.

So strange. I will talk to him when he gets home from school, but wondered what people's thoughts were.

DO NOT OPEN IT.. don't click on the attachment..just delete it and don't worry about it..I have an antispam folder just for junk like that..it all goes there and I dump it and forget about it

did you run a virus check on it before opening?

or

check with your credit card to make sure it isn't a fradulant charge.

;)

No one is going to send you an invoice as an attachment. Don't open it. It could be a virus.

Do you have a Gmail address? Recently, both DH & I have been getting all sorts of misdirected email. Seemingly I'm getting married on 28 May, have been offered a job as an RN in NZ and have moved with my toddler child to Germany! I've also opened a new bank account with a UK bank and have bought train tickets. All of these have somehow been sent to the wrong version of me (I've emailed some of the obviously virus-free senders to confirm).

I didn't open it and I also ran my virus scan.

I was leaning towards virus also rather than identity theft/fraudulent purchase.

I thought it odd it made it past the junk folder.

Maybe it's related to the major Epsilon hack from last week.

I would call your CC company or go online and just check to make sure you weren't charged. If you weren't, delete it. If you were, deal with the CC company directly for a fraud charge and still don't open the email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter