comprehensive trip insurance

BeccaG

DIS Veteran
So I just booked our first Disney cruise! I am looking for trip insurance to cover the trip including cancellation. We will also be traveling to WDW before and after and flying from California for this trip and I would like all of our vacation covered. Since we don't yet know the price of our hotel or airfare since its too early to book for next May, do I estimate? Can I update my coverage later? Cover the cruise now so I am eligible for trip cancellation and add the other stuff under a separate policy later? Or????? Thanks in Advance for your expertise! :)

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your questions. I am sitting here and supposed to leave for my trip Sunday morning and have a doctor telling me that she doesn't know I should go. I will go back to doctor on Saturday to see. I had no health problems until one week ago. I do have trip insurance, but to be perfectly honest I have no idea what it covers and what is required. It killed me to pay the premium at the time but now I wished I had paid more attention to the details. I guess that I just wanted to say that this is so important when it becomes needed. I guess I'm going to pack tomorrow and hope for the best.

So I just booked our first Disney cruise! I am looking for trip insurance to cover the trip including cancellation. We will also be traveling to WDW before and after and flying from California for this trip and I would like all of our vacation covered. Since we don't yet know the price of our hotel or airfare since its too early to book for next May, do I estimate? Can I update my coverage later? Cover the cruise now so I am eligible for trip cancellation and add the other stuff under a separate policy later? Or????? Thanks in Advance for your expertise! :)

yes, tell the insurance rep what you have paid so far and have them cover the amount. when you make more payments (for PIF, airfare, hotel, private excursions, etc.), call back and increase the coverage. It will be under one policy.

if you have a medical condition you want covered, make sure you get your policy within 14-21 days (depending on company) of making that first payment, otherwise you may not be eligible for what's known as the medical waiver for pre-existing conditions.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your questions. I am sitting here and supposed to leave for my trip Sunday morning and have a doctor telling me that she doesn't know I should go. I will go back to doctor on Saturday to see. I had no health problems until one week ago. I do have trip insurance, but to be perfectly honest I have no idea what it covers and what is required. It killed me to pay the premium at the time but now I wished I had paid more attention to the details. I guess that I just wanted to say that this is so important when it becomes needed. I guess I'm going to pack tomorrow and hope for the best.

sorry to hear this. i sincerely hope it all works out for you...

Sorry to hear! Hoping things work out for you..

yes, tell the insurance rep what you have paid so far and have them cover the amount. when you make more payments (for PIF, airfare, hotel, private excursions, etc.), call back and increase the coverage. It will be under one policy.

if you have a medical condition you want covered, make sure you get your policy within 14-21 days (depending on company) of making that first payment, otherwise you may not be eligible for what's known as the medical waiver for pre-existing conditions.
If you need any pre-existing conditions covered - for your family or under some policies, non-traveling family members - in addition to securing the policy shortly after your put down the deposit, you also NEED to cover all other non-refundable pre-paid expenses shortly after paying for them. In general, having multiple policies for one trip is not an option. Best of luck in finding a policy that works for you. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter