complimentary upgrade

barryk

Earning My Ears
Hi
I have booked with Disney cruise line and have booked a cat 9 cabin , just wondering if anyone has ever been upgraded from this and when and how do you find out
B

We have never been upgraded. Ever.

That's ok, though. We book what we'll be happiest in.

That being said, have you looked at your reservation online?

no not yet , we are more than happy with cat 9 but was just interested ,
Baz

Do you have the opportunity to be automatically upgraded no matter what category you are in? Or when you book do you have to be in a specific category? I remember them saying something about this. Do you need to call and ask?

No one has ever been able to determine the method they use for upgrades, it seems to be completely random. It doesn't matter what category you book, they have been known to upgrade guests in just about every category. Calling them probably won't help.

We have been upgraded from a 9 to a 6 once. Upgrades can happen to anyone. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they are given out. That said, upgrades are not common and the odds are that you will be in the 9 that you booked, but you never know!

Do you have the opportunity to be automatically upgraded no matter what category you are in? Or when you book do you have to be in a specific category? I remember them saying something about this. Do you need to call and ask?

Everyone has the opportunity to be upgraded, although they do not happen often. The odds are better if you are in a lower category. Upgrades are random and are not given out to those who request them so calling won't help. In 7 cruises we've been upgraded twice. Once from a 9 to a 6 and once from a 12 to a 9. Usually upgrades bump cruisers up one "level" (inside to porthole, porthole to verandah, etc.)

We used our DVC points to do Alaska on Holland America Line and they upgraded us from Oceanview to a Verandah which made the cruise so much more enjoyable!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter