Complimentary Laundry Facilities @ SSR

bill'sdj

Mouseketeer
We just made our first reservation as DVC members for May, 2006. We will be taking family, so we are staying in 3 studios. I read that there are complimentary laundry facilities for studio guests. Does anyone know where these are located, and if they are truly "complimentary"? :wave2:

1) Yes, all laundry facilities are free
2) They are
. . . in the room for 1-2-3 bedroom units
. . . in the common areas for studios

Washers and dryers are available in the pool building at each of the pools. There are also vending machines for laundry supplies there, although use of the machines themselves is free, like The RustyScupper said.

Hope that helps, :sunny:

Charlotte

SSR is one of my home resorts and I have used the laundry facilities at the quite pool area. Rather than buy my soap supplies there, I go to my local laundramat and bring my own small sample sizes from home.

Less than 6 days and I am there!!

We will be a party of 11, including 5 children. Rather than take enough clothing for an 11 day trip, I thought it wiser to take half as many clothes, as long as we could do laundry conveniently. I love the fact that the washers and dryers are complimentary. No more lugging around quarters and adding over and over to get clothes dried.

Thanks for your help!

Debbie :earsgirl:

You may want to plan some pool time on the day you do laundry. I found it a bit inconvenient to lug the laundry from our room. We were in the building fartherest from the pool. Maybe plan on a way to easily get the laundry there - something with wheels. Or better yet, involve other family members!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I pack individual laundry packs that I make up before leaving home. I put enough detergent in a snack size zip lock bag, seal it, place it in a sandwich bag with a dryer sheet, seal it. That way the detergent is double bagged. Sometimes I even place these in a larger bag. Don't want detergent on my clothes before time.

bill'sdj said:
We will be a party of 11, including 5 children. Rather than take enough clothing for an 11 day trip, I thought it wiser to take half as many clothes, as long as we could do laundry conveniently. I love the fact that the washers and dryers are complimentary. No more lugging around quarters and adding over and over to get clothes dried.

Thanks for your help!

Debbie :earsgirl:

We do that on all our trips.... Our rule of thumb.... take HALF the clothes and TWICE the $$$ :rotfl: :rotfl:

The laundry in the Congress Park area has two washers that will do good sized loads and 4 dryers so you can spread them out nicely. Used them just two days ago. Be careful with the front loading machine. I used too much soap and had to run them through the rinse cycle again. Have a great trip.

3 Studios?? You might want to condiser 2 studios and a one bedroom.
For a few more points you have the convenience of a washer/dryer in
the room as well as a kitchen. Plus, you can't beat the master bedroom suite.
Just a thought...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter