Completely OT - Vent

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
Ok, this is completely OT and not related to anything Disney or travel related, but.... Yesterday school holidays ended and my 10 year old DS was getting ready for the first day back at school. He yells from his room "MUM, my school shoes are too small" "That's ridiculous" I call from downstairs "They can't be too small, you only got a new pair at the beginning of last term" Sure enough then were! Yes his toes were hitting the top of the shoes he only got in April.

So today... Out I went and purchased his THIRD pair of shoes, THIS SCHOOL YEAR!!!!! :rotfl:

He got a new pair at the beginning of the school year. At the beginning of term two I realised he had grown out of his shoes, so off we went, had new shoes fitted and he had a thumbs length of growing room in the new shoes! Perfect. So you can imagine my shock when yesterday he has grown out of ANOTHER pair of school shoes.

His feet have grown two sizes since January! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok rant over :lmao: Thanks for listening whilst I vent my frustration :goodvibes

I so sympathise!

But at least you're buying shoes because he's outgrowing the shoe!

I've bought 3 pairs this year already - all the same size - because he plays a game at school where there seems to be a lot of crawling. My son drags his shoe/toe along the ground and creates a hole at the toe. I let him wear the last pair complete with holes (and had to buy a small fortune in socks) till the rains came....I hate the smell of wet smelly socks!

I feel your pain, I have a daughter who I seem to buy loads of shoes for. We shop, she tries on, says they're good. Then puts them on next day and says 'they hurt my feet'. :confused3 Drives me crazy.

During our last US trip, my son grew about 4 inches in 5 weeks. His trousers went from bottom of heel, to a definate Mr Bean look. He only wore them for a few weeks of the trip then boom, what happened! He's 11 and nearly eye-to-eye with me and I'm 170cm.

I hear you on the shoes. My daughter has big feet, and they don't seem to stop growing. Ever.

A bigger (ha!) problem I have with her is with clothes. In the last 2 years, she's gone from being reasonably skinny to being a little chunky-round-the-middle. So I can buy her t-shirts or jumpers for winter that I think are big enough to see through to the same season the following year, only to have to buy her the next size up before the end of this season. It's frustrating! If there's a growth spurt on the way, I'm ready for it!

I am so glad that we can all sympathise with each other.

Yes the clothing is a problem too. I bought a bit for my DS from Abercrombie in December, everything was too big. Perfect, it will fit him this winter. NO! He has grown out of those. He must be going through a serious growth spurt!

Kalice, 4 inches in 5 weeks :eek: Holy Moly, that is some growing. and heidispidi, I do also sympathise with you also. I bought DS this gorgeous pair of long pants in April, they are size 10, he is 10, they fit him with room to grow and he put them on last week (he hates long pants/jeans, he wears shorts all year if he can help it) and I said OMG, take those off, thats embarrassing... you can't walk around with those pants that short, he said "these are my new ones" I said "I know and they don't fit you anymore"

But the shoes just sent me over the edge. They are over $100 a pair and we have needed three pairs in 6 months.

Princessinoz and Ms.Shuttergirl, OH that would drive me crazy if he was destroying them. Mine doesn't get time to wear them out :rotfl:

My mum used to buy us really cheap and nasty shoes that were usually 3 sizes too big, that way we'd usually have them for the year, we looked rediculous, but in my opinion our school uniform did that job by itself, so the shoes weren't that bad in the scheme of things.

I remember when my feet stopped growing and I was finally able to buy expensive shoes :cloud9: I think it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship :lmao:

My mum used to buy us really cheap and nasty shoes that were usually 3 sizes too big, that way we'd usually have them for the year, we looked rediculous, but in my opinion our school uniform did that job by itself, so the shoes weren't that bad in the scheme of things.

I remember when my feet stopped growing and I was finally able to buy expensive shoes :cloud9: I think it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship :lmao:

I can certainly sympathise. Our girls destroy their uniforms every term.

Shoes look like they have dragged their feet all term. You polish them on Sunday night and Monday they are wrecked again. By the end of the term the toe is just about worn through. You ask how they got that way and all you get is a quizical look and a shrug of the shoulders.

Why does any school choose white tops as part of any childs uniform. Our daughters are always inventing new ways to stain their tops. We must keep nappy san in business.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I can certainly sympathise. Our girls destroy their uniforms every term.

Shoes look like they have dragged their feet all term. You polish them on Sunday night and Monday they are wrecked again. By the end of the term the toe is just about worn through. You ask how they got that way and all you get is a quizical look and a shrug of the shoulders.

Why does any school choose white tops as part of any childs uniform. Our daughters are always inventing new ways to stain their tops. We must keep nappy san in business.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Soy Sauce and tomato sauce! The two best stainers on a school uniform. No wait, grass stain, even better!!! :rotfl:

At my DS's school their formal uniform (they have formal 3 days and PE two days a week) has a pocket and they just play chase and grab each other by the pocket as the ripped pockets on his shirts are driving me crazy at the moment too. And I don't sew :rotfl:

I've tried the cheaper shoes only once and I wish I could save a little and stick with them. Unfortunately when I did he got a horrendous ingrown toenail. Took a year to get rid of after three surgeries (one major surgery) and 9 courses alone of antibiotics from December to March this year alone and after the really big surgery just before Easter I decided we had to go back into the good Ecco school shoes and no more ingrown toenail.

Oh how I wish I could save a little on his shoes :rolleyes1

I've tried the cheaper shoes only once and I wish I could save a little and stick with them. Unfortunately when I did he got a horrendous ingrown toenail. Took a year to get rid of after three surgeries (one major surgery) and 9 courses alone of antibiotics from December to March this year alone and after the really big surgery just before Easter I decided we had to go back into the good Ecco school shoes and no more ingrown toenail.

Oh how I wish I could save a little on his shoes :rolleyes1
Ouch!
What a Good Mummy getting him Ecco now!!!:thumbsup2 Love Ecco.

I didn't grow out of uniforms much...I went to 5 different primary schools :rotfl2::rotfl2: and 3 high schools... :thumbsup2
So we did the whole overhaul regularly... :cool1:
Oh...and just to make things more fun. Some schools had brown shoes ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter