Completely OT - But I Just Realized...

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
...that I will be without computer access all week next week! :earseek: DD Ann is moving to Durham, NC for graduate school on Saturday and she has requested that I spend the week with her for settling in, etc. She said that I did it for Michelle (her older sister) and I can do it for her too! (Of couse she failed to remember that I stayed with Michelle because she had herniated a disc in her back and was on powerful pain meds and shouldn't have been driving. :rolleyes: )

But ANYWAY, she will not be getting her computer until the 14th - the first day of her orientation and besides, her DSL service is not supposed to start until the end of August. (I hope for her sake that it is earlier.) SOOOOO, no computer. No internet. No cable TV. It will be quite the bonding experience for us! :teeth:

Then I am home for 3 days, then off to WDW. Then home for a day and a half and off to RI for the weekend. Then the younger 2 go back to school. It's crazy. :crazy: I hope that I survive! :)

StitchandPooh'sMom said:
Would that be Duke grad school? Go Blue Devils!!!! :cheer2:

Yes it would!::yes:: She is starting school to become a Physician's Assistant!

See you at POP, Beth! :wave2: This hot weather has been getting us ready! Enjoy the time with DD :wizard:

Debbie said:
See you at POP, Beth! :wave2: This hot weather has been getting us ready!

How hot has it gotten up your way, Debbie? It has been in the lower 90's here. DD Michelle said that it was 105 in Richmond yesterday. You are right, we will be quite conditioned for Florida! :)

Enjoy the time with DD :wizard:

Thanks, it will be nice. :goodvibes

Have a good time, Beth.

I was actually going to post that I'd probably be offline all week, too. We leave for Vermont on Saturday. We're renting a chalet in Stowe and will only have dial-up access, so I'll technically have access, but on a very limited basis. Not enough to do much browsing and posting. But if I happen to find a wi-fi hot spot in town, I might wander over there one evening with my laptop.

Good luck to Ann.

BethR said:
Yes it would!::yes:: She is starting school to become a Physician's Assistant!

Hope she loves Duke! Maybe she can score you some basketball tickets!

Thanks for fixing my quote error - I'm still learning! :)

disneysteve said:
Have a good time, Beth.

I was actually going to post that I'd probably be offline all week, too. We leave for Vermont on Saturday. We're renting a chalet in Stowe and will only have dial-up access, so I'll technically have access, but on a very limited basis. Not enough to do much browsing and posting. But if I happen to find a wi-fi hot spot in town, I might wander over there one evening with my laptop.

Good luck to Ann.

Have a great time, Steve!

BethR said:

Then home for a day and a half and off to RI for the weekend.

Beth......what are the dates of the weekend and why are you coming to my beautiful state?? :teeth:

MyGoofy26 said:
Have a great time, Steve!
Thanks. We're looking forward to it. Especially to some cooler weather after 9 straight days over 90 here, and 3 pushing 100, those 55 degree nites should be a nice treat.

It's been in the mid 30º's (Celsius that is!) with the humidex of over 40º. That would translate to mid to upper 90's, feeling well over 100ºF. :earseek: I walked 3 miles this morning, and what a joy....it was only 15ºC (60's). Ahhhh. I worked hard, though, and fell into the pool when I got home. But what a pleasure to turn OFF the AC and, while hot, not be sticky!

We visited my DD in Kingston, ON (4½ hours northeast of here), and it was just as hot there, but right on Lake Ontario, so there were some breaks-from 5-7 each evening. I was 3 days offline, so that was preparing me for my 10 day lapse in....10 days :crazy:

~Kathie said:
Beth......what are the dates of the weekend and why are you coming to my beautiful state?? :teeth:

Hi Kathie! :wave2: We will be in RI from Aug. 25 until the 27. There are 12 of us flying up to go to Westerly for Bill's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. We are staying in Groton. It will be a whirlwind trip! :)

Steve, have a great time in Vermont! I am sure that it is beautiful up there! :)

StitchandPoohsMom, I hope that she will love it too! ::yes:: We were just talking about the basketball thing, and she said "Wonder how you can get along down there when you are not a basketball fan?" :teeth: Perhaps she will be drawn in. :)

Debbie. WOW! That IS hot up there! I'm glad that it is cooling down. Good for you for going out walking this morning! :thumbsup2

BethR said:
[StitchandPoohsMom, I hope that she will love it too! ::yes:: We were just talking about the basketball thing, and she said "Wonder how you can get along down there when you are not a basketball fan?" :teeth: Perhaps she will be drawn in. :)

She might become a basketball fan - it is hard not to be one in that area, even if you root for NC State or that other school instead of Duke! My parents became basketball fans just about the time they paid off my tuition! :rotfl2:

BethR said:
Hi Kathie! :wave2: We will be in RI from Aug. 25 until the 27. There are 12 of us flying up to go to Westerly for Bill's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. We are staying in Groton. It will be a whirlwind trip! :)

Awwwww.......Westerly is at the opposite end of the state from me. I live in the northwest corner. How nice that so many people are coming from your neck of the woods for the party.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

And Steve......hope you and your family have a great time in Vermont. The heatwave is over in New England. Bring sweatshirts. :)

We're in Stowe, VT now and discovered that the house does have high speed access, so I'm not offline after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter