completely off topic but Happy Pie Day

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
It is so fun when Pie day falls on a Friday! We had pie at school and then had a few friends over for pie tonight. I hope everyone had a good day!

My high school was just telling me about this. I had never heard of it before.

He told me they gave out small pies in first period lunch but that there were pie fights in the hallway and the other lunches were pie less.

I knew it was Pi day, I didn't really think to associate it with pie.

I made brownies for my dd's math class and in icing we wrote the Pi symbol and 3.14, etc. Another mom made cookies in the shape of the Pi symbol (where do you get a cookie cutter like that?!). I had never heard of Pi day until my dd told me two days ago that she volunteered me to make 25 brownies for today. :rolleyes:

OWWWW! I need that cookie cutter!:goodvibes

I have only celebrated with my Algebra kids the last couple years. It is a fun way to spice up math class. We did not have any pie fights. Thanks goodness.

I never heard of Pi Day growing up, and was confused by what it meant when I read about it a couple of years back. Finally someone told me that March 14th (3/14) is Pi Day, since Pi = 3.14 ... :). Wish it was around when I was a kid, as I knew some of my math teachers would have had fun with it!

My 13yo dd celebrated with her math class and had a "Pi Day Shirt Design Contest."

She won by using a used black shirt, hot glued pi symbols using different colors of felt with numbers under them to keep score, and then squeezed plain clear tape into "balls" and wrapped them in velcro. She made it an interactive game - like velcro darts.

She came home with a small pie. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter