COMPLETED**1st Anniversary, 2nd Dining Review...Updated 1/15 Final Posts

Yes...it was a lot of wine. :) We each had 3 glasses at about $14-16 each. The funny thing is at home I get a 1L bottle of wine that costs $7.99. I'm no sure I've ever even gotten a whole bottle that was $16...let alone a glass! Oh well, this was our big splurge of the vacation. We don't buy souvenirs...we buy alcohol. :)

Glad MM looks good to you. It's definitely a great place to go if someone in your party is picky. My DH is quite the pizza critic and if he liked it, I'm sure your family member will. Have fun!

I know what you mean about the price of the wine too. I didn't really drink much wine on our last trip, stuck to some of the other drinks, so I wasn't checking out the prices too much. But yeah, I think the most I've ever paid for a bottle at home is $12!

I will finish these reviews. Today. I promise.

After some shuffling, we decided to swith up our original plans and try something new. We ended up getting a lunch ADR for Teppan Edo. I was excited about going here because I LOVE most Asian food. DH was excited because he enjoyed our local "Tokyo Steakhouse" and thought an establishment such as this in D-World would just be over-the-top.

The food was great, however our chef was not the best. At first we thought it was just the style of the place. But, as we looked around, we saw we just got a dud. :(

I got the assorted tempura.
D-World2011134.jpg

It was yummy. I know it had shrimp and chicken, but I cannot remember what else. I do remember the tempura coating was very light, flakey, and delicious. BTW...you see my iced green tea in the photo. It was delicious!

DH got the Wafu ribs for his appetizer. Sorry, I have no pic. I think it freaked him out a bit to take photos of his food while other people were at the table. Anyway, DH LOVES ribs and he was perfectly happy with them. I didn't get a bite but they had a sake/soy/ginger sauce that smelled delish.

For our entrees, I got the shrimp and DH got the swordfish. They were both served with yummy noodles and mixed veggies. Although DH's fish was good, we both thought my shrimp were far superior.
D-World2011136.jpg

For dessert, DH got the chocolate ginger cake.
D-World2011140.jpg

I cannot remember who ate most of this (but I can guess). I do remember it was really good. I do remember it wasn't too gingery and had a great moist, almost creamy, texture.

I got the green tea pudding.
D-World2011141.jpg

I loved it, but DH did not. He does not like iced tea, hot tea, green tea, etc., so I knew he would never like it. It didn't really have much flavor, but sort of remined me of flan.

Although we enjoyed our food and walked away completely stuffed, I do not think we will return to Teppan Edo. It was way to similar to our local chain place to take up valuable ADR space. I sort of wish we had eaten at Tokyo dining instead.

(Side note: the bathrooms here are awesome. Make sure you check them out.)

Our lunch cost would have us $96.12 oop before tip. This was a great DDP deal!

Narcoosee's was one of our favorite dinners last trip, so we were definitely excited about this one. Since we live in a beach resort area, I think this place just feels familiar and comfortable to us. Plus, we loved the food and service last time.

Unfortunately, we had a much different experience this time around. First and foremost, our server was by far the worst of our trip. She was not friendly, did not bring refills on our drink until we had asked 3 times, and made us wait FOREVER for the check. It's very unfortunate that a bad server can ruin a fun meal.

For his appetizer, DH got the crab legs. He was in heaven. He loved these and ate every bite. One of the best things about these crab legs, is that the work is done for you. All you have to do is dig in and enjoy.

I got the shrimp and crab chowder.
I enjoyed this so much last time, but it was not quite as good as I remembered. Don't get me wrong, I liked it...I would just try something differerent if we ever went back.

For his entree, DH got the surf and turf, as he got last time.
D-World2011149.jpg

This is what he learned...he just doesn't like lobster. Being from the eastern shore of Delaware, we are crab people. Lobster is just a completely different texture and flavor, and it just doesn't cut it for us. The steak was super-yummy though.

For my entree, I got the crab-crusted flounder.
D-World2011150.jpg

This was good. Not great, just good. I would probably kill for this for tonight's dinner, but that night I just wasn't feeling it. In fact, I wasn't feeling Narcoosee's as a whole that night. I really do blame it on the service.

For our desserts, I got the creme brulee duo.
D-World2011151.jpg

I loved this. The coconut one was sooo delicious. Plus, it was like 2 desserts in one!!

DH got the almond encrusted cheesecake.
D-World2011152.jpg

I did not have any of this as I am not a fan of cheesecake or almonds. However, DH seemed to enjoy it.

Narcoossee's, oh Narcoossee's.....why did you have to disappoint so much on this trip? It wasn't a horrible dinner, but we left feeling some sort of way. I don't think we will be back for a while. This is just not the same caliber as CA Grill or Citricos, so we left feeling like we didn't get our 2-credits worth. I'm sure we will be back someday, but we would much rather have used those 2 credits to go back to one of the other places.

We would have spent $147.28 oop, not including 2 beers and the tip.

We always end our trips with Le Cellier, and this was no exception. We didn't want to fork over 2 credits each for dinner, so we went for lunch.

We know and love this place so much that we get the same thing every time.

Both of us got a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup.
D-World2011155.jpg

OMG. This is the best soup ever. I make it at home every month or so and we absolutely love it. Expecially with the pretzel bread. We got wise this time and asked for only pretzel bread. No need to fill up on the others when we know which is our favorite!
D-World2011156.jpg

DH got the NY Strip.
D-World2011158.jpg

He said it was okay, not great.

I got the filet with no mushrooms and mashed potatoes.
D-World2011159.jpg

As long as I can get this, I will. I love it so much. It is the perfect cut of meat (for me) and the potatoes are divine. One of my favorite entrees ever.

For dessert, we got the chocolate moose and the
D-World2011161.jpg

and some sort of chocolate cake (maybe it had Jack Daniels in it?)
D-World2011160.jpg

I remember nothing about the chocolate cake (shocking, I know), but the chocolate moose is so yummy. I just love it.

Le Cellier is still one of our favorites. No, I'm not willing to use 2 credits for it, but I'm also not willing to give it up. We love the food, the atmosphere, and the service. We will definitely be back.

OOP, our meal would have cost us $98.19.

So, that's it. The dining review is finished.

I apologize for dragging it out for so long. I know why it happened... We don't know when we will be back. It will be a while. As strange as it seems, I think I (subconsciously) drug out these reviews to sort of "hold on" to this trip. D-World is my happy place. I don't even have to actually be there...planning for a trip makes me happy. It sucks that sometimes when we need our happy place the most, it's out of our reach.

Our favorites this trip were: CA Grill and Citricos

Places we will always go are: Crystal Palace Breakfast, Brown Derby, and Le Cellier

Next time I want to try: The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Tokyo Dining

Places we didn't make it to this time, but we want to definitely go back to next trip are: Sanaa and Flying Fish

One day we will go to: Victoria and Alberts

Thoughts on DxDP: It rocks. Well, for us it does. We are totally down with the late breakfast/early lunch and a signature dinner. It worked perfectly for us.

Thanks to you all for reading. Hopefully it won't be too long before I am back on the boards. :goodvibes

I'm glad you finished and enjoyed reading along!

I hope you can make it back one day in the not-too-distant future and try Sanaa and Flying Fish, they're both amazing!

Great reviews, I've really enjoyed reading.

Hope you get to add a ticker soon. :)

Hey everyone! Thanks to you all for reading and I just wanted to tell you....we're going back!!!! We leave in a month and I just started my PDR entitled "The No-Flat-Tire DxDP Trip." I hope you all can join me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter