*COMPLETE* We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again - 2013 Christmas Vaction

I don’t have many notes from this day, but I know we had breakfast at the camper again and got to EPCOT after opening. We had lunch reservations at Biergarten for Candlelight Processional. We walked around world showcase, and the first order of business was to go to Japan and do more pearls (I think we are addicted to them). It was still early so there wasn’t that many people there yet. We decided after our first ones the other day that we were going to do 2 because there was a beautiful setting that we wanted to have. We paid for them and carefully picked out which ones we wanted. I told the CM which ones, and so did Stephanie. We opened mine first and I go two white ones. Stephanie’s were opened and she got a gray/black one and a white one. Then chose the setting we wanted (Stephanie chose something a little different than mine…it works better for her pearls than what mine would have in that same setting). We paid for the settings and they told us that they would be ready after 1pm. Perfect, we would go have lunch and then come back to pick them up. We then walked over to Germany and checked in for our lunch res. We had to wait about 10 mins before we were called in. this was our first time at Biergarten and I have heard some good and bad comments about the food. My dad’s family is from Germany and since I had been to Germany in high school, I love the food. Stephanie’s family (back a couple of generations) are from Germany also, so she loved the food also. We got our table with another family of 4 and we had the perfect table to watch the show right in the middle (they weren’t from the states), but we got our order of drinks in and we took turns going up to the buffet. Mom and dad went up there first and we scoped out the food they got. Stephanie and I went up and got our first plate of food and it did not disappoint. Then we went back up and got another plate of food. During our first plates, the show was going on.

The show brought me back to when I was in Germany and saw a show there. We enjoyed the show and when they got to the birthday’s our waitress must have told them, because they wished me a happy birthday. After our second plates we decided to get dessert. We got a little bit of everything. The desserts kind of disappointed me. The one that didn’t was the Bavarian cheesecake!! That was AWEOSME!!!! After we paid and we got our stickers for CP, we made our way towards the American Garden Theatre. Mom and dad went to get in the line for the CP dinner reservations and Stephanie and I went to pick up our pearl settings. We saw a PP photographer at the bridge in Italy, so we stopped there. It was a windy morning, so our hair was flying all over and we were looking right into the sun, so these are the greatest pictures.

The fountain was working this time in France, so we stopped and got a picture in front of it…

When we got to Japan, there was a PP photographer out and with a photo spot that was great…

We got to Japan and picked them up and outside on a cart they had Japanese drinks that we were looking at the day before. I decided that I was going to get one for standing in line to get in. I got the mango drink and it was tasty. We met up with my parents in line and they were talking to a family from England that was on holiday with their children. We were let into the theatre and got our seats…here is where my Christmas spirit got ruined a little bit.
We had excellent seats in the 4th row right in the center. We sat down and started talking about going on this trip.

We also started talking with the family beside us. Come to find out they were from our area and knew some of the places we go to. This was about 30 mins before the show even started. We were just talking, not getting loud or using objectionable language and the guy in front of us turns around and says, “can you be more quiet?” to Stephanie. She says jokily (thinking he was joking), “no I can’t, everyone in my family talks loudly.” He comes back with “why don’t you try to stop talking then.” She looks at me dumbfounded and says quietly, “did I say something to offensive.” I said no, and we were just talking about coming on this trip and how we planned this trip. So nothing was offensive. The gentleman beside my mom asked what was said to us and my mom explains was happened and he said to her, “he can be glad that he didn’t say that to me.” That whole sequence really started to make my mood not be so happy. I was all ready to be excited for Candlelight Processional, but he ruined it for me (at least until the show started). So we just sat there the rest of the time before it started and didn’t say anything…When the orchestra got into position and the trumpeters started playing, that is when my mood changed. Steven Curtis Chapman be the narrator for Christmas Eve made the message so much more meaningful and heartfelt.

I loved every minute of the show and the ironic part of the night was before the orchestra was finished playing, the ignorant person in front of us, got up and left. Stephanie and I looked at each other and thought, you wanted to bash us about talking a half hour before it even started and you exit before it is over…now that is RUDE!!! After we left the American Garden Theatre we went to the American Adventure…I figured my dad would like it. We were hoping to catch the Voices of Liberty, but they weren’t there.
We were sitting waiting for the next show and I decided to get a picture of my parents together…

After the show, we stopped for a bathroom break, I was looking around the kiosks at the American Adventure. There were Precious Moments dolls there…I thought about buying one, but I didn’t…I am now kicking myself for not buying one. There were all different ones that looked like Disney characters and princesses. Along with ones dressed up for the holidays.
We stopped for another PP picture and we then strolled around World Showcase.

We stopped at France for one of our favorite spots for PP picture…In front of the fountain.

We decided all 4 of us to get into the picture.

After we were done with that picture, we noticed that Arora was out and her line wasn’t that long. Now this was Stephanie’s first encounter with a face character. We had a good time with her and she was very cute.

We walked around a little bit more until it was getting late and we were tired (we stayed for Illuminations the first time at EPCOT), so we didn’t need to stay again.

We then got more PP pictures done at the front of the park before making our way to the buses.

Mom and dad even got one together…

We got this very talkative bus driver. Once we dropped everyone off at Wilderness Lodge, she was telling us about her life (I guess we look like the people to tell your life story too…LOL). We got back to the camper and got ready for bed…we had an early day the next day.

Okay, all caught up.

I'm so sad Pooh and Tigger don't meet in AK anymore. I mean Donald and Daisy are nice but not as cute. I love Pooh and Tigger all in the Christmas best.

That's weird that the lady just asked you to watch her kids. I mean, I know it's Disney and you clearly didn't do anything wrong but still, I don't think I could just leave my children with random people.

Such great Fantasmic pictures. Such a great show.

Rain is no fun, no fun at all. I didn't really understand Florida downpours until last week.

Ugh that guy. Geez. Some people just want to complain all the time.

Once more awesome PP pictures though.

Okay, all caught up.

I'm so sad Pooh and Tigger don't meet in AK anymore. I mean Donald and Daisy are nice but not as cute. I love Pooh and Tigger all in the Christmas best.

That's weird that the lady just asked you to watch her kids. I mean, I know it's Disney and you clearly didn't do anything wrong but still, I don't think I could just leave my children with random people.

Such great Fantasmic pictures. Such a great show.

Rain is no fun, no fun at all. I didn't really understand Florida downpours until last week.

Ugh that guy. Geez. Some people just want to complain all the time.

Once more awesome PP pictures though.

I am upset about Pooh and Tigger also...That was a great M&G and there was rarely a line for them as they were hidden. In 2011 Eeyore was there also and I was so upset that he wasn't there this time.

The lady was nice and she said that she was a psychologist and she could tell that we were normal girls...LOL!!! :rotfl2: (I guess we hide it really well...LOL) :crazy2:

She was no more than 10 mins and it was just nice to sit there and relax a little bit. The two girls were just precious and one was the talker and the other one was very quiet.

The funny thing about the rain is it only hit HS...It didn't even rain at FW or at MK.

We were just soooo shocked about his comment that our mouths were on the ground when it happened. It kind of ruined my mood for a little bit. Luckily the whole CP experience was outstanding and I wouldn't want it any other way!!

Dec. 25 – Magic Kingdom

We all got up early this day because it was CHRISTMAS DAY!!! We had a 8:10am ADR for Crystal Palace, so we got up and got ready as fast as possible. We had to wait about 10 mins for the bus to get there to take us to the dock. Once we got to the dock, we waited in a line for the boat. The boat was pretty full, but we started on our journey to the MK. We started getting closer to the dock and I could see the crowd trying to get through security. We decided to split up, since Stephanie and I walk a little faster, we got through security and ticketing and we made our way down Main Street towards CP. I texted mom to tell her how to get there and we were checked in at 8:05…We only waited about 10 mins before we were seated. Our waitress was a little “sour” to begin with, but she finally warmed up to us. We had a seat facing Adventureland along the windows. We ordered our drinks and our waitress told us that if we see a character coming, don’t get up that they would be at the table shortly. Our first character was Tigger. He was great. We got pictures with him and then once he left, we went up for food.

We each tried a little bit of everything that we like. After we had our food, I saw that Piglet was coming up, so we waited for him to come by. Our interaction with him wasn’t that much, but we each got a picture with him.

Then Eeyore came by and he was his normal gloomy self.

Our waitress came by with our bill along with my birthday card. We had to wait for Pooh to come by yet before we could leave. We saw him coming, but it was time for Pooh to take a honey break, so we were the next table when he was full with honey. Pooh came over to our table and fell in love with my parents. He got his picture with them (they didn’t get pics with any of the others).

Then we got a picture with him. He made a big deal of my birthday button.

Then he went over to my parents again and was playing with my dad’s shoulders and told them they had to kiss and motioned to us to get our cameras ready…we had a good laugh with Pooh.

After we paid our bill we went out and decided what we wanted to do. Mom and dad hadn’t seen New Fantasyland, so we took them back that way. We wanted to ride VotLM, so we waited in the standby line (which was 40 mins at 9:30am).

We returned from under the sea, and I am going to stop there because I am almost at my photo limit…what was our next stop…wait and see…

I left off at us returning from under the seas. When we returned, my parents have had enough of the crowd, so they went back to the camper to get ready for dinner later on. Stephanie and I went over to Big Top Circus area and walked around. We then decided to head over to Tomorrowland. The wait time for Space Mountain was 175 mins, so we opted for a fastpass (they still had the legacy fastpasses then) for 8:30pm. We decided on the TTA.

We went by Buzz and the wait time was 90 mins. At this point I figured we weren’t going to rid too much today. After the TTA we went to CoP. We excited CoP and went towards Frontierland to see if we could find a spot for the parade over there. Here is the crowds walking from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland

It took a good bit of time to get over to Frontierland and when we found a spot, we thought it was going to be good, but it wasn’t. We were about 15 people back and all we could see was the tops of characters. We opted to leave and head back towards fantasyland. We stopped at Philharmagic. After enjoying Philharmagic, we made our way towards the hub to catch MiSiSp.

We were just sitting and enjoying the warm weather and people watching. When we heard it coming up the street I went to get up and my knee buckled under me and I went down twisting all up. When I got up I knew my knee was going to be swelling up (I have tendonitis in both knees). We both love Move It Shake It, so we were dancing along and I took some pictures. We always end up with the float with the Mr. Incredible on it…No matter where we stand for it.

We danced and had a great time…I made it through MiSiSp with my knee and we knew it was getting close to going back to the camper for Christmas dinner. Mom had ham and mashed potatoes for us. We made our way to the boat launch and we got on the boat with this cute family and they were showing us what they got from Santa.

I love this view…

I really like using the water transportation. It is very relaxing.

We got to the boat dock and I saw this golf cart…I thought it was kind of funny as my dad is a hunter.

We made it back to the camper in time for dinner. After a wonderful dinner we decided to relax for about an hour. Around 6pm, we made our way back to MK for the evening. We had to get our other favorite snack…a Dole Whip Float. We made our way over to Adventureland to get them and sat to relax while eating them.

[

I will let you enjoy the Dole Whip float for now…I will finish up the trip in my next post

I love CP. Pooh and friends are the best :)

Beautiful pictures of VotLM.

Oh Legacy fastpasses. The wait time for SM is cray though. I wouldn't have waited in that line either.

Street Parties are the best!

Midday relaxation is great. It must be even better being so close to the MK too ;) I'm jealous. No crappy bus rides back.

Magic Kingdom Continued (Part 3)
I left you off with us going back to the camper and having Christmas Day dinner and making our way back to MK for the evening and having our Dole Whip Floats.

After our floats we made our way over towards Liberty Square. We looked around the stores and walked over to Hall of Presidents. The next show was 5 mins until starting so we were talking with the CM in there about the jerseys we were wearing (we had to put them on to warm up after having the Dole Whip Float). We made our way into the theatre and once again, enjoyed every minute of the show. We exited the theatre, we made our way toward the hub to get pictures. We also wanted to recreate the pictures from February.

(this is from February)

Here is Stephanie's picture from December:

Unfortuantely, it was so crowded that we couldn't do it completely. We had enough time to get Stephanie's, but couldn't get mine done (maybe in October).

We went to watch the castle lighting and the Christmas stage show again.

We moved back over to Liberty Square to get this picture:

It was getting close to our FP return time, so we made our way over to tomorrowland. I was really feeling the pain in my knees, so I gave Stephanie my FP and she could ride while I waited by the rose garden. We wanted to get pictures there, but since the show started, we had to wait.

Here is where it got crazy. I sat and by the rose garden until Stephanie was done with Space Mountain. As I waited I decided to take pictures of the castle (because you can’t have too many)…

I started my way over the Tomorrowland bridge to meet her and I only got so far before they stopped me. There was a PP photographer there, so I stopped and got a picture.

I got a text from Stephanie that she was on her way back when they wouldn’t let her cross the bridge to get to me. So I said I would meet her where they were filtering the crowd out (by the ice cream shop). We met up there, but we couldn’t go back towards the rose garden, so we went over towards Casey’s (because that was the only way we were allowed to go) and Stephanie ran into someone she knew that was a CM. Once we got to Casey’s we were trying to find a way to get to the hub to get a picture, but that wasn’t happening. We found a spot at CP to watch the fireworks and since this is the first time I have walked this much since my foot surgery in July, my feet have had enough by this point in the week. I asked Stephanie if she would be fine by herself if I left her. She assured me she would (I knew she would be). I started walking out and I couldn’t get anywhere close to main street. So I had to cut through Casey’s and the Emorium to get to the entrance. I made one last stop for a picture at the train station…

The PP photographer wanted me to pose...

I got to the boat launch and I was back to the FW. I made it back to the camper and was in bed when Stephanie came in (around 11:30). She didn't stay for the MSEP. She said it was too crowded to see it.

The castle is so beautiful with the lights *sigh* Honestly, your whole update could be Castle pictures and I'd be like, yaaaay, what a good update ;)

It does seem like it would be pretty crazy though with that many people, just trying to get anywhere.

Aww sorry about your foot pain :( I hope that it didn't play up too much more during the trip.

Dec. 26th - Outlet shopping and leaving Disney :(

We woke up the next day prepping to travel with the camper to Daytona on the 27th, but the plans changed. Mom, Stephanie and I wanted to go over to the Premium Outlets before we left, so we took the truck while dad packed up a lot of things. Traffic was terrible and after circling the parking lot 2 times, I told Stephanie and Mom to get out and I gave them a list of what I was hoping for at the Disney outlet. I finally found a spot across the street and I met up with them. We did some shopping at the Disney Character Outlet, Coach and Vera. We walked back over to the truck and there was an UGG outlet. I found a cute pair of boots and mom got a pair of slippers. We finished at the outlets and we went to DTD to finish up what we didn’t get to do on the 22nd. We went over to the Art of Disney and into the World of Disney. We wanted to get lunch for everyone…so where do most people go…Earl of Sandwich of course. We got sandwiches to go and headed back to the camper. Dad had the whole camper packed up and now wanted to leave that afternoon to get to Daytona so we weren’t rushed the next morning. Before we connected the camper, I took mom up to check out and let them know we were checking out now instead of the next morning. The CM was nice enough to refund our money even though we were checking out after the check out time. We ate our sandwiches and connected the camper and we pulled out of FW at 3:30pm. We arrived at the KOA in Daytona around 6:00pm and we watched movies after we went for a small dinner.

Dec. 27th - Leaving for home

We got up early to start our trek back to PA. Luckily we were leaving the camper in Daytona for my parents to come back in 3 weeks. We stopped for the night in Dobson, NC and finished up the trip on the 28th.

Thank you for reading my first trip report.

Sorry I didn’t get more food pictures. I hope I can be a better Dis’er on my next trip report when I go in Oct/Nov this year.

Aww sad day, it's over :(

But I really enjoyed reading all about your adventures!

Also that was really sweet of the CM.

And don't worry, food pictures don't make the TR ;)

Thanks everyone for reading along. I just finished up with a GKTW DisMEET and now It is time to get busy planning my trip October 26 - Nov 1.

Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!! :)

It was a great trip...but I do know that if I ever mention going Christmas week again, that someone needs to hit me over the head. I am learning that I don't deal with crowds that well as I get older and people start irritating me easily. So it is just easier if I go non-holidays...LOL!!!

I absolutely loved Candlelight Processional. If I would ever go again when it is being offered, I wouldn't hesitate on doing it again!! I also loved HDDR. Yes, it was expensive, but it was well worth the money.

I feel ya! We went the first week of December and my husband still complains about the crowds and swears never again. I can't imagine what it was like the week of Christmas. Ugh!! It was beautiful though! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter