Complainers

I'll start.

They want to move Halloween.

I was on the Dream last night and it sat in port all night instead of cruising.

I was on the Dream and it left in a storm -- I got sick.

They don't have the soda that I drink at the drink station.

I don't like 3-D movies, they make me sick.

I want to ride the Aquaduck, but I don't want to get wet.

Actually, I never, ever complain on vacation. I am always happy and thankful just to be on vacation. I never complain about the rain, the heat, etc.

Seriously, I have been on 3 Disney Cruises and I have no complaints.

A bad day on vacation is better than a good day at work.

:thumbsup2

OK - I'll go....

My stateroom was too hot.

My stateroom was too cold.

It was storming and they wouldn't let us go into port. I'm bored.

It was storming and they let us go into port - that was dangerous. I got wet.

My stateroom was too far forward.

My stateroom was too far aft.

My stateroom was in the middle where all the heavy traffic is.

I wish I could be in any stateroom on any ship in any weather as long as it was right this minute.

A CM told me once that one of the biggest complaints on the comment cards is The Weather!!!! Like there is any way to actually control nature!!!! God bless those in service to others!!!:)

Ok everyone who wants to really complain... Here is my big complaint! Read it then think about how bad everything really is...

I pray that my husbands whole family can make our cruise in 73 days and my MIL can stay cancer free so she can make the cruise. My complaint is that cancer has come into the family and it scared the crap out of us... (this is her 3rd battle with cancer) I could care less if it's too hot, too rough of water or even if they serve Pepsi instead of Coke.... I just want our whole family to be there. People need to look at what is around them and how fortunate they are to have healthy family and the means to even leave their jobs to treat themselves to a cruise.

Go on vacation, have fun, love who is with you and always remember the good times and memories you are making. Don't sweat the small stuff.....

Ok everyone who wants to really complain... Here is my big complaint! Read it then think about how bad everything really is...

I pray that my husbands whole family can make our cruise in 73 days and my MIL can stay cancer free so she can make the cruise. My complaint is that cancer has come into the family and it scared the crap out of us... (this is her 3rd battle with cancer) I could care less if it's too hot, too rough of water or even if they serve Pepsi instead of Coke.... I just want our whole family to be there. People need to look at what is around them and how fortunate they are to have healthy family and the means to even leave their jobs to treat themselves to a cruise.

Go on vacation, have fun, love who is with you and always remember the good times and memories you are making. Don't sweat the small stuff.....

LOVE IT!!!!:thumbsup2

I 100% agree with your post :thumbsup2 My husband and I lost our daughter to cancer this past April and this was our first trip on the Dream and to Disney WITHOUT her :sad2: I have to say it was the hardest vacation I have ever been on.... but we celebrated in her honor by bringing a picture mat and having all the characters sign it on the cruise so we can place her picture in it from our last trip together at Disney. Looking at all the families with their little princesses was indeed bittersweet for us. Hug you your kids everyday and enjoy every moment in your life is my advice to everyone on this board.....don't sweat the small stuff!!

As long as this thread stays on the 'light side' we'll leave it open. It's nice to read a thread that we can all laugh at every once in a while or just silently sit and agree with.

Laugh away! At least I know I'm serving a purpose around here! At least all that time spent at local renaissance faires as a :joker: has been time well spent! (<- true story)

Seriously, I agree. It is a nice change... And this:
Hug you your kids everyday and enjoy every moment in your life is my advice to everyone on this board.....don't sweat the small stuff!!
I think sometimes we all need this reminder. I know I do.

This could be fun!
  • They wouldn't let my family board the ship because my kid was a little sick.
  • My kid got sick after swimming in the pool with the other kids.

I joined thi sboard to get information and hear how great everyones cruise was. I agree with the person who posted that a bad day on vacation is better than a day at work, or something like that.

If I start to read a post and all it is are complainers, I skip it. I have worked to hard to save for this cruise to read about someone who thought that their room was too hot, dinner took too long, or that it rained. Besides, they have probably written this after they got off the boat, so what can they do about it now??? They chose Disney for a reason, next time chose another cruise line!

I don't like constant complaints about things out of DCL's control...like weather or port authority decisions that keep the ship from going to certain ports....but I do believe people have the right to state their disappointment and/or report things that they didn't like, like service that was sub par or problems with the ship. We as readers have the option of reading those posts or not.

Not everyone has the same experiences onboard and I also don't want things to be sugarcoated if there is a legit problem. I like to read the good with the bad. What might be a big problem for one, may not bother me at all so I like to read everything and then decide for myself.

MJ

I joined for information too and agree that a day on vacation is better than one at work. I also agree with other posters that your attitude has a lot to do with your enjoyment of your vacation.
Disney is a brand and you have certain expectations (set by the company) when you buy Disney. I choose Disney because of their focus on the guest experience. If people are having issues with maintenance, service in the dining rooms and the overall experience on the ship I want to hear these things (especially from seasoned cruisers) and do not consider it complaining. The ships are big enough that I do not doubt that one person could have issues while another could have none.
It took me a long time to try a Disney cruise and now it will take a lot to get me to leave but I don't dismiss posters out of hand or call them complainers just because they had a less than perfect vacation. When reading a review I try to consider if the poster has an axe to grind or maybe excuses any flaw because it is Disney.
Now on to the weather........:rolleyes1

I'll start.

They want to move Halloween.

I was on the Dream last night and it sat in port all night instead of cruising.

I was on the Dream and it left in a storm -- I got sick.

They don't have the soda that I drink at the drink station.

I don't like 3-D movies, they make me sick.

I want to ride the Aquaduck, but I don't want to get wet.

Actually, I never, ever complain on vacation. I am always happy and thankful just to be on vacation. I never complain about the rain, the heat, etc.

Seriously, I have been on 3 Disney Cruises and I have no complaints.

A bad day on vacation is better than a good day at work.

I love your "A bad day on vacation is better than a good day at work." That is how my wife and I think. Why complain, we are on vacation together, enjoying ourselves and we are not working.

:cool1::thumbsup2

okay my try

I couldn't do all the activities on board. Disney had too many fun things planned.

I missed out on activities because my body got tired and I had to go to sleep, why couldn't DCL make the day longer?

I had to choose between two activities that I really wanted to do, why couldn't DCL plan better.

I came home so tired from having too much fun. I needed a week of vacation just to rest up from all the fun I had. Dr said it was PDCS (Post Disney Cruise Syndrome)

Really not a problem. It's all in the attitude.

To quote Mrs Bezzola, a teacher from jr high, "If you go to a party expecting to have fun given to you, you might not have fun. If you go to a party looking for ways to help others have fun, you will alwys have a good time!"

So try and make someone else have that much of a better day and you become part of the Disney magic.

I am a planner by nature, so I like the good with the bad....this way I'm prepared!! But it's true some people just can't be pleased for sure!

When we came back from our first WDW vacation 2 years ago, my dh and I both said," If you didn't have fun at Disney...it's not their fault" They do so much to make your vacation memories magic.

I know about the crowded elevator, the crowded pool etc...from these boards...but I also know about the magic port hole, soda station and proper tipping edquitte.

I am so looking forward to our first cruise in March, I plan on enjoying every moment!!

I am so looking forward to our first cruise in March, I plan on enjoying every moment!!

I am a firm believer that you will experience what you expect to experience. On one cruise our tablemates complained about the poor service and bland food, in response to our praising both! How could we have had such different experiences? I think it is expectations.

We've never had a less than wonderful Disney cruise. I am sad for those who don't, because I wonder if they knew they wouldn't enjoy it before they even boarded <wry grin>

I bet you will have a wonderful time!

It seems that each cruise we take there are more and more people with entitlement issues who complain about every little thing. It therefore doesn't surprise me that there are more complaint posts on the boards. We always have a wonderful time on our DCL cruises. Otherwise we wouldn't keep coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter