Compassion Partners

kassiesmom

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Disney's Compassion Partners. We were planning a visit to Disney to celebrate my Mom reaching her 5 year cancer free mark. Two months after she was told she was cancer free, she was told she had cancer in her liver, bones and lungs. Our trip will now be a celebration of my mom's life. We had heard through the grapevine that there was an organization that assisted in park entries for terminal patients and their families. If anyone could give me any information it would be greatly appreciated. We don't know exactly when we will be going as we have to wait and see what her treatment regiment will be (find out Mon.) We're from Canada and there aren't a lot of organizations that assist with final wishes for adults, but we are hoping we can find something to help us fulfill my mom's. Thanks, Kim

Sorry to hear the Cancer came back . Did you call Disney and ask if they have any programs or could they recommend someone to help ?

Thanks for your ideas Maggiesmom. I have looked into renting a wheelchair for her whilst we are there, but that's about it so far. I will utilize the DISabilities board for more ideas. Thanks again.

And Tink...isn't it funny how the most simplest of ideas (and really the most logical for this) completely evade our brains sometimes. Never even thought of calling Disney directly. :idea: Thanks again for the suggestion. I will do that tomorrow!

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom - we are in the same boat with my Dsis. SHe just found out that they found cancer in her liver - she is 44. Luckly Dh and I took her and her DD to WDW last October. I hope you are able to make the trip magical for her. :hug:

Years ago, you could contact Disney directly about using the Compassion Partners program. The woman who handled it was actually out of the Give Kids the World. But when I looked into this a couple of years ago for someone, I was told that the request had to come through an organization now. Individuals were no longer able to make this request. I don't know if anything has changed since then. Good luck to you, I hope this works out.

:hug: to you during this difficult time. My mom lived for 5 years after her diagnosis with liver cancer. Most of it was very good, she went into remission 3 times. I will pray for you aLL.

Hi, just thought I would let everyone know, that the compassion partners does still give out free tickets.. I just arranged it today for my disabled daughter who had Make A Wish take away her trip. We are to pick up the tickets at guest services when we arrive...

I am not sure as to the requirements or whether or not an adult is eligible.. To call you need to contact community relations

Hugs and Good Luck
:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter