Comparing Deluxe Resorts to DVC Property

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mickey85, Jan 26, 2013.

1. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Best Advice before making the leap

"spend several months investigating so you know exactly what
    you're getting in to"

I would add to rent points at the resort you are thinking about or a few. Took us 3 years and a couple of visits to buy into DVC ownership

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

This has been our experience as well.

Again, same here. We are not park commandos so we really enjoy the extra space in the DVC 1BRs with the full kitchen, washer/dryer and the jacuzzi tub. With all the walking we do at WDW, a nice relaxing soak at the end of the day is a real treat.

For a few years we ignored DVC because I thought the last thing I would want on vacation is a kitchen/kitchenette in our room. Now we enjoy having breakfast in the room and even dinner once or twice during our stay. We can pack lighter too because I can throw in a load of laundry as needed during our stay.

ETA: When we stay in a studio, we like having a sofa in the room. It's more comfortable than sitting on the bed and the additional open floor space makes the room feel larger.

4. vbmom40

vbmom40 Mouseketeer