• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comparing Bus Transportation POFQ, SS, OKW, Dolphin

jamioday001

Mouseketeer
So, if comparing bus transportation, which is generally the fastest bus ride (or least stops) to Magic Kingdom? Also second favorite park is Epcot so taking that into account as well.

We really are leaning towards POFQ, but want to make sure that the bus is efficient!

Thanks!

POFQ has 4 stops, SSR and OKW each have 5 according to the maps. The Dolphin has 2, itself and the Swan. While SSR and OKW have 5, another consideration is depending on where you are in the resort, it may be a longer walk to the stop than at POFQ or the Dolphin. However buses to POFQ also serve the 4 stops at POR, so really you have 8 stops. The Dolphin also has water transportation to Epcot. The other 3 have water transportation to Disney Springs. I cant say how often the buses run to each of the resorts in reality, but Disney says every 15 minutes. It seems the Dolphin would have less stops to MK and more options to Epcot so that looks like the best fit to your criteria. Just keep in mind the Dolphin is not a Disney hotel. If you want a strictly Disney hotel, than OKW is your best bet. Potentially shorter walks to bus stops than SSR and less overall stops than POFQ.

Last edited:
POFQ has 4 stops, SSR and OKW each have 5 according to the maps. The Dolphin has 2, itself and the Swan. While SSR and OKW have 5, another consideration is depending on where you are in the resort, it may be a longer walk to the stop than at POFQ or the Dolphin. However buses to POFQ also serve the 4 stops at POR, so really you have 8 stops. The Dolphin also has water transportation to Epcot. The other 3 have water transportation to Disney Springs. I cant say how often the buses run to each of the resorts in reality, but Disney says every 15 minutes. It seems the Dolphin would have less stops to MK and more options to Epcot so that looks like the best fit to your criteria. Just keep in mind the Dolphin is not a Disney hotel. If you want a strictly Disney hotel, than OKW is your best bet. Potentially shorter walks to bus stops than SSR and less overall stops than POFQ.
This was changed in the last year so that at the busiest times of the day (closer to theme park openings/closings), POR and POFQ do not share buses. They only do that now during slower times when there aren't as many guests traveling to/from the parks.

The Dolphin shares bus service with the Boardwalk as well as the Swan - unless something has changed recently.

I usually stay at the Swan, and I love its close proximity to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can walk to both, in addition to taking the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter