Compare these for me?

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi I am making ressies and have them for 2 of the restaurants below. We are looking for a good italian meal and a good steak dinner.

La Cellier vs Steak house at the Contemporary

and

Tony's vs Eating in Italy in EPCOT....

or any other suggestions that use 1 meal ticket.

Thanks so much for your help, Im planning for a large group, and want to please everyone!!! :wizard:

Well, for a great steak I would choose Jiko or Flying Fish.

For great italian..definately Alfredo's in EPCOT. Tony's is horrible.

Tony's vs. Alfredo's is not comparing apples to apples ;)
Tony's is a 'fun' atmosphere, themed restuarant. We enjoyed the food; had some problems with a way undercooked steak, but the manager straightened things out. This is more of a restauarant to take children to.
Alfredo's is a little more 'grown up'. The food is very good!
Good luck with your choices! (Sorry, I am no help with the other choice.)

We like steak but have'nt come across a steak to die for at either LeCellier or the Concourse (for us LeCellier is a HIT or a miss, sometimes awesome, sometimes so-so).
Something we can't pass on though is CG's Tamarind BBQ Beef - and the view up there is awesome.
We've eaten at Yachtsman Steakhouse and were disappointed there too, although we enjoyed asking for the Yachtress cut of beef (which they no longer carry).
Having lived in Italy, I'm always disappointed in Alfredo's although everyone's reviews on DIS seem to favor it. I think noodles drenched in cream isn't enough - I want to add mushrooms, onions, etc. we ate there this past Dec. and their menu HAD improved.
I've heard good things about Palio's at Swan & Dolphin, but we've not had a chance to try it - others maybe could give us feedback re: Palio's?

Cocodog,

we will be there with 6 kids - 1-16 years old,,,should we stick to tony's? will the adults be okay with the food too?

thanks so much everyone!! :flower:

any other suggestions? since tony's is more kid friendly, maybe we will stick with that????

since tony's is more kid friendly, maybe we will stick with that????
There was a rumor on another board a couple of years ago that if you order spaghetti and meatballs at Tony's, and roll the meatball with your nose like in Lady & the Tramp, you get a free dessert. (The meatballs are HUGE, by the way.) Well, my then 16 year old son did indeed roll his meatball with his nose, and the CM gave him a free piece of chocolate cake!

Contempory by far.
I like the Italian at Epcot, but many don't-I think you have to hit it on the
right day. Also make it the last dining reservation of the evening. It is
so nice to walk thru the park when everyonr else is gone

Bear in mind that everyone has a different opinion... But I would choose Tony's for all those children. We enjoyed the food there... dh had chicken Fiorentina that was wonderful! They could not get my steak cooked sufficiently, so I ended up eating spaghetti and meatballs, which was fine. I can't remember what my children ate.

Good luck with your choice and have a magical time!

Edited to say that we also enjoyed a delicious mushroom/ gorgonzola soup there-- it might have been a daily special-- it was unique and delicious!

I just got back last week and had lots of steak on the dining plan. My steak at Le Cellier was much better than my steak at Concourse Steakhouse but my Spoodle's steak beat them both! Spoodles was our surprise favorite!

For my kids I'd choose Tony's over Alfredo's, too.

Have a fun trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter