• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Compact stroller recommendation needed

starshine514

DIS Veteran
So, looking for some stroller advice. What is your favorite compact stroller for Disney?

The baby will be 13 months for our next Disneyland trip. We bought APs in January, and have been twice. The first time, we took her full-size stroller (Safety 1st Saunter) and we loved it, but it took up way too much space in the van. So, I bought a smaller Combi Cosmo used off of craigslist. It folded compactly, but we missed the parent tray and large basket (plus, it doesn't handle well, perhaps because we bought it used). We resorted to hanging things from the handle and had the stroller fall over more than once when removing the baby because of that.

Has anyone found the perfect Disney travel stroller? I don't want to rent. I'd like to buy a good one that I can use a few years. Thanks!

Looks like our kids are around the same ages! But you're a little ahead.

We bought a City Mini which is the same stroller that gets rented out by a lot of the vendors. We love it. It folds flat and very easily. We plan on using it for the next several years for our little guy!

I love my City Micro (essentially the same as the Mini but slightly cheaper.) They don't actually make them anymore, but you may be able to find one clearanced online. The baskets on Cities are very nice, and you can add a parent console. I have a Diono brand one that only cost about $10.

Getting recommendations is a good place to start, but if you are able, I always feel it is best to hit a BBB or BRU to try things out for yourself. Take a bag like you would have at Disney and the kiddo who will be in the stroller. Experiment and see what you like! You mentioned CL...once you know what you like, you might find one in good condition there. Do the same thing though. Test it out before handing over the money. You are not obligated to buy it if it doesn't meet your expectations!

Mousemommy1 - you're right, our kids are the same ages! :)

It sounds like the City Mini is highly recommended, so that will be one I'll be running by Babies R Us to take a look at first. Thanks!

Compact? I love my First Years Ignite, however the basket is small as is the parent tray...but it is barely bigger than an umbrella stroller, has a 5pt harness, reclines, has a good sized sunshade, storage basket and parent tray which is hard to find at a good price point with small strollers

It may not meet your needs, but the mountain buggy nano is worth a look if only for the OMG factor. It actually folds up into the size of a typical overhead luggage! It was cool! Otherwise I love my Britax b-adgile. 18pounds and a easy fold.

We have a Britax B Agile which is pretty much the same as the city mini. You pull a strap and it folds in half so doesn't take up too much room and easy to fold up!

Compact? I love my First Years Ignite, however the basket is small as is the parent tray...but it is barely bigger than an umbrella stroller, has a 5pt harness, reclines, has a good sized sunshade, storage basket and parent tray which is hard to find at a good price point with small strollers
Looks like that one has been discontinued. I did find a picture of it on the Kmart website, though - and you're right, it does fold down really small!

It may not meet your needs, but the mountain buggy nano is worth a look if only for the OMG factor. It actually folds up into the size of a typical overhead luggage! It was cool! Otherwise I love my Britax b-adgile. 18pounds and a easy fold.

Wow! The nano does fold down really small! I'm really curious about what it looks/feels like in person. I'm going to have to see if anyone carries it locally.

You know, I hadn't ever really looked at the jogging style strollers. I guess because the one or two I had looked at when my oldest was a baby were huge folded. So, I had this mindset that they were bulkier than regular strollers. However, all of your recommendations for two different jogging strollers have really made me re-think this. I really appreciate the recommendations!

I also love our City Mini for Disney. It folds up so easily and compact for hopping on the bus, and I love the sun shade. The only thing I don't like is that the storage underneath is pretty small, but we make it work. We also bought a Diono parent console, which I highly recommend.

The guys at buybuybaby (bed bath and beyond kids store) demo'ed it for me and yep, it folds to a large briefcase size. So weird! I like britax over city because it's fabric is better (ripstop-like, not windbreaker) peek window has clear plastic vs mesh which means rainwater has less leakage and harness is very tough to open. Some people consider the harness difficulty a neg, but if it's hard for me, I figure it's impossible for kids! Additionally, you see cities everywhere, britax is a little rarer meaning you can find it easier when cms play hide and seek with strollers. It comes in pretty colors now too.

The britax b-agile is very similar to the city mini, same weight 3 wheel design. I like the b-agile better because it has infinite recline (as opposed to "near flat"), a no re-thread adjustable harness and all-wheel suspension (the city mini only has front wheel suspension). They are about the same price, Albee baby is having a sale on both for the 2013 models and its a great price for either. You will need to get a separate parent console.

I normally use an Uppababy Vista. The basket on that is tremendous. I stopped bringing it after it got damaged at the airport.

We also bought a Combi used on ebay. The basket is so tiny in comparison. It did work well for us for Disney bc it folds small (and has a shoulder strap for carrying), reclines a lot and has a 5 point harness.
We also have a stroller we bought at BRU called Trend Sport. I think it might be only available at BRU. It has a very large basket, reclines, is very light wieght. It only has a 3 point harness though but it does have a tray. We got it on sale and it was about $40.

Has anyone tried the Uppa Baby Vue? I love that it's an umbrella stroller that faces both directions. I'll be honest, I don't have one, it's my "dream baby" stroller for the parks (if I ever have another baby ;)). But the review on BabyGizmo is awesome and she took it to WDW last summer (or DLR, I don't remember which).

We love our valco baby snap. It seems to be a little smaller & I think it's lighter than the city mini but overall similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter