Communities Near Universal

samandryanmom

Mouseketeer
We're looking at spending a week in Orlando the first week of August. It will be a Disney Free week but we're looking at going to Universal/Sea World/Beach etc. I know Windsor Hills is the closest to Disney but what about townhome/home communities near Universal. What are some of the subdivision names that would be located closer to those parks?

Thanks

I asked about this on the Universal sub board a while ago.

There are restrictions in the area surrounding Universal with regard to short term rentals.

There may be homes for rent for a principal residence, but nothing for a short term lease/renting out to multiple tenants.

Its only a 15 minute drive.

I've been researching the same thing. I don't know about house rentals but I've found a few condo/timeshare type properties. I haven't stayed at any of these so I can't give any personnel feedback.

It looks like Vista Cay is very close to Universal though for some reason it doesn't appeal to me.

There is a HGVC across the street from Seaworld. For our trip there were no non-smoking rooms available so I ruled that out.

There are several Marriott Vacation Club properties in the area. We ended up deciding on Marriott Grande Vista which is on International Drive only about 2 miles from Seaworld.

I believe Vista Cay is the only one really close by. That's where we're staying when we go next month. We rented directly from an owner we found at www.vistacayrent.com by submitting a general inquiry.

I stayed in a 3 bedroom - 3 1/2 bath at Vista Cay this past November. The location to both Sea World (less than a mile) and Universal couldn't be any easier. The resort itself is still under construction, but did not bother us at all. The pool is beautiful, there are several units that face the lake. The clubhouse is very similiar to Windor Hills (built by the same company). I would not hesitate to stay at Vista Cay again. Any questions feel free to ask.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages last March. It is only a few miles from Seaworld and pretty close to US/IOA. We loved it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter