Comments Needed: Wonderland Tea Party

eeyoregirl

A dream is a wish your heart makes.
Has anyone ever been to the Wonderland Tea Party? I have known about it for years, but my daughter is now old enough to enjoy it (she's 6). The Unofficial Guide briefly mentioned it, but the Birnbaum guide said nothing.

Price was quoted at $29 or so for kids, but what about adults? What about PS: needed? I think this would be a fun mother-daughter afternoon; anyone have any positive or negative feedback?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

My daughters have never done the tea party but I am pretty sure it is just for kids. I believe you drop them off around 1:15 and it lasts until 2:30. It is at the GF. You do need a PS for this.

It's kind of disappointing that it's just for kids; I don't know if I would feel comfortable leaving my daughter there without me.

Thanks for your input!

They give the parents a pager in case of an emergency. The dining room has french doors with sheers. If you try to watch them through the glass, the kids will say in unison, "No peeking". Cute.

I'm hoping to get a PS for my DDs to attend as well. I'm not really nervous sending them with the exception that they aren't really fond of the Mad Hatter. When I was asking a CM about this they told me to tell them when I check them in and they will tell the Mad Hatter so he won't bother them. I'm going to send a disposable camera with them so they can take pictures so I can see later! I'll be hanging by the pool as we are staying at the GF.

eeyoregirl said:
It's kind of disappointing that it's just for kids; I don't know if I would feel comfortable leaving my daughter there without me.

Thanks for your input!

eeyoregirl, I have a couple of pics in my sig from when my DD(5) went. It really is a nice time for the kids. They play games and the mad hatter goofs off alot - she couldn't stop talking about him and his tricks.

It can be a hard PS to make. I think you should try at 90 days out.

They do offer the the My Disney Princess Tea (I think I may have the name wrong). It is also at the GF. It sounds wonderful, but quite expensive. It is for adults and children. For the price you get a My Disney Doll, and a really neat character interaction with Princess Aurora and Ms. Rose Petal. You can get a better description on Deb's site. We may do this on our next trip.

eeyoregirl said:
Has anyone ever been to the Wonderland Tea Party? I have known about it for years, but my daughter is now old enough to enjoy it (she's 6).

Price was quoted at $29 or so for kids, but what about adults? What about PS: needed? I think this would be a fun mother-daughter afternoon; anyone have any positive or negative feedback?

My daughter has attended the GF's Wonderland Tea Party for years. She loves it (but the Grand Adventures in Cooking Classs is her favorite). I wrote about one of her tea party experiences in a trip report: click here to view it (just look for the post on that page entitled, "Grand Floridian Day Three, Part 2").

My daughter, husband, and I have also attended the My Disney Girl Princess Grand Tea Party. I wrote about that in the same trip report: click here to view it (just look for the post on that page entitled, "Grand Floridian Day Two, Part 1").

I have links to photos of each of those events in my trip report.

My DD went to the Wonderland Tea Party right around her 4th birthday. She loved it. The only downside for me as a parent is that there's not really anything to do while the kids are at the party. The party isn't really long enough to go do anything. I just sat around the GF.

Both of my DSs went to this last year and had a blast! My oldest just turned 8 and my youngest is 3. They loved all the activities and eating dessert first. They were really proud to show me the picture of them taken with Alice and the Mad Hatter. While the boys were there, we went to lunch at the GF and had a really nice time. We don't often have lunch without the kids so this was a little break for us.

F1Julie said:
The party isn't really long enough to go do anything. I just sat around the GF.

That part was most enjoyable for me. Just sat in the lobby and people watched. :)

My girls really enjoy this activity, but as Janet2K said, they still give the edge to the grand adventures in cooking.

My DD went when she was 7 and had a great time. She was one of the oldest ones there so I think your 6 yr old would fit right in. No parents were aloud to stay as stated above but there were atleast 4 adults who were in charge of the kids. I grabbed some lunch from the snack bar and sat outside and read while she was at the tea.

My dds 4 & 8 really enjoyed this. They called it the highlight of their trip, and we had LOTS of other princess encounters. My mom & I had lunch at the cafe right there at GF so we were close by.

It is a very cute activity. My Disney Princess party sounds great, but this one is much more affordable.

My dd went when she was 8. We were traveling with another family and the other mom said that if her dd hadn't had a friend to go with she wouldn't have let her go alone!! My dd had no problem at all. She, and her friend, loved it. They both were given disposable cameras by us and the 'characters' took plenty of photos of the girls with the other characters and with each other. The other mom and I went over to the cafe area and had a wonderful dessert and drinks. My dd, now almost 12, is kind of sad that she's a little on the old side to go...it's one of her favorite memories!!!

And for any of you that may be hesitant to leave your dd's there, by themselves...my dd told me that there were a few kids that were a little 'nervous' when their moms left them. She said that the CM's were really nice to them and stayed right with them until they felt better. And that these kids got a little more attention than the bigger kids. I think her nose was a little out of joint!!!

My daughter did the Wonderland Tea Party a few years ago and loved it. She wore a fancy party dress and looked so cute. You check in at 1900 Park Fair and they give you a beeper, then you walk your daughter into the room a seat her, it was hard to leave my daughter because she is an only child and she was alone, but we started talking to another family with an only child a year older then my dd, so they sat together. We went and had lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe, and then went back to get her, it was soo cute, they played games and had tea, pbj and iced cupcakes. At the end they brought the moms flowers. Worth every penny.

Since it's kids only, is there any opportunity to get photos of your DD with Alice (and an autograph)? My DD is only 4 and I wouldn't trust her with a camera yet!! :p We have this booked and we're REALLY excited about it! My mom is making her an Alice in Wonderland dress. :goodvibes

Kanga1 said:
Since it's kids only, is there any opportunity to get photos of your DD with Alice (and an autograph)? My DD is only 4 and I wouldn't trust her with a camera yet!! :p We have this booked and we're REALLY excited about it! My mom is making her an Alice in Wonderland dress. :goodvibes

Along with flowers and some craft projects, my DD brought home a nice polaroid pic of her with Alice and the Mad Hatter in a picture folder with their autographs. Very cute!

Kanga1 said:
Since it's kids only, is there any opportunity to get photos of your DD with Alice (and an autograph)?

Click here to see an example of the photo (with autographs) that the children receive at the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter