Coming to you LIVE from WDW 12/29-1/7/13

Jenna319

DIS Veteran
We arrived to WDW yesterday (Saturday 12/29) for the first of 10 wonderful days! We will be spending our time at 3 different resorts- 1st night in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation, next 2 nights at Beach Club villas for new years eve, and finally the last 6 nights in a savannah view room at animal kingdom kidani villa. I will try to make a quick report every day and will add pics when I return. I was ready for the traffic I had heard about on the boards but nothing could have mentally prepared me for the hoards of cars on I-4! We come to Disney every year but never at this time of year- WOWZA! I have no desire whatsoever to leave WDW property again until at least after new years....

We are doing this almost exact trip starting January 22nd. First night since we get in late either AofA or ASM, have reservations at both. Then were at beach club villas for a week and AKL savannah view for the last 3 nights. Eager to hear about your trip and any tips you might have. Have Fun!!!

Day 1- Saturday, December 29th: I was so excited to check out Art of Animation and it has beyond exceeded my expectations! I am in LOVE with this resort and if I weren't headed to 2 amazing deluxe resorts, I would be sad that im not spending more nights here. I had done online check-in and checkin was a breeze. If I had done regular checkin, there was only 1 person in line so it didn't look like it would have been a long wait to check in for either method. Check-in receives an A rating. The theming of AoA sets this resort apart from the rest. The amount of detail they have put in to everything is just amazing. We walked over to all sections (cars, lion king and finding memo) and took pictures. I had heard that the walk from animation hall to the LM section was bad but I did not find it to be a bad walk at all. Theming for the resort overall gets an A rating. I had seen pictures of the LM rooms so I knew what to expect but the room just took my breath away! It was just so cute and gorgeous! We got our request for a king bed and we are in building 9 which is right next to the parking lot (conveniece for getting to our car). I want to bring the bathroom home with me - I love the shower curtain and the ariels grotto mural inside. Pleasantly surprised to have a nice size flatscreen TV and the wifi worked perfectly for 80% of the time. Last night and early this morning, I had trouble getting on as there were too many users utilizing the wifi. The towels are thin but it's not something that would change my opinion about staying here again. The mattress and pillows were comfortable and we had no problems with the comforter falling off the bed (it was stiff but only because it's new still). The room gets a B ONLY for the thin walls, as I can hear every noise outside next to and above our room. Had a sangria at the pull bar The Drop Off which was very tasty. Didn't use the pools but they looked very nice and not crowded. Had a great time in the expansive gift shop. Had dinner at landscapes of flavors- DH had the bacon cheeseburger and I had the pepperoni pizza. Everything was good, nothing spectacular, typical food court food- I would rate the food court an A. There were a lot of food options and no lines for paying. Last night, we drove to the Wilderness Lodge to see their beautiful Xmas decorations and then took a boat over to Fort wilderness for a sleigh ride. I would highly recommend doing the sleigh ride. For $60, we got a 30-minute horse drawn sleigh ride through the campsites to see the Xmas decorations and I appreciate the driver offering to take a picture of us together in the carriage. Overall it was an amazing 1st night in Disney!!!! We will be checking out of AoA and heading to the Beach Club today. We honeymooned at the Beach Club 5 years ago so I was very happy to be able to rent a reservation through a Dvc member and stay here for 2nights to celebrate 10 years together! We head to epcot today for our 1st experience with the crowds and we have a 230 lunch reservation at Biergarten with the candlelight processional dining package. More to come!

We are doing almost that exact trip January 22nd. Starting off either at AofA or ASM then a week at BCV and then the last 3 nights at AKL savannah view. Excited to hear about your trip and any tips or advice you Mingus have. This is our first trip. Have Fun!!!

Day 2, sunday, December 30th- we spent our day at epcot. The crowds were much more manageable then I expected! Rode test track utilizing the single rider line (1hr) wait and then walked through world showcase. Had lunch at Biergarten for the candlelight processional package. We had such an awesome time at Biergarten! We've always wanted to go each trip and finally made it- food was great as was the entertainment. We were seated by a family of 6 and the woman was a disney fanatic like me! We talked about all our planning fun and helpful hints when finally I said "are you by chance a disboard member?" and she said I am! We had a great time! Definitely would rate Biergarten an A+ and will definitely stop by again! I will make a note that they had a sign saying they were taking no walkIns, reservation only. We went to the 5pm candlelight processional and as I expected, it was an amazing performance! We did end up getting in the dining package line about an hour before the show as the line was already forming and we got let in about 430. Got great seats 5 rows back on the left side of the theater. Headed back to resort #2 of our trip, the beach club villas, where I am writing this update from. Very happy with our studio room! When we walked in, a bouquet of balloons with a card was left on the table for our anniversary celebration! I love this extra magic that Disney provides!! It makes such a difference! :) we are resting up now and plan to head to the MK later tonite for the pre-NYE fireworks and go into the park for the EMH hopefully while the rest of the crowds are leaving!!! Day 2 and so far, we are having a magical time!!

I also want to add that our balcony at BCV is the biggest balcony I have ever seen!!!!!! It is practically triple the size of a normal balcony and from our 4thfloor, we can even see Spaceship Earth! BCV is our 2nd fav resort (after our beloved poly) so I would absolutely give it an A++ for it's convenience to epcot alone!

We headed to MK at 10:30 and the crowds were slim! I am so glad that we were able to see the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks- they took my breath away and were definitely the best fireworks I have ever seen! After the fireworks, and the park was only open to resort guests, we headed straight to little mermaid and walked right on! DH and I agreed that we enjoyed LM more than nemo at epcot. I cannot believe how dead the magic kingdom was after the fireworks. They had a great DJ playing and the whole atmosphere was one big party. We were only there for 2 1/2 hours but this was one of the best nights we have spent in magic kingdom. It was such a great time and awesome to see even the CMs dancing to the DJ having a great time. Everyone was just so happy and it was really nice to see. :). Heading to Epcot for new years eve tomorrow! So far, I imagined the worst when it came to crowds and I have been very pleased- but somehow I think tomorrow will be the worst of the crowds! I'm ready- bring it on! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter