Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Wow, looks like the thread has been busy tonight while I've been away. I'm so glad to see so many of our October team members checking in. I think October is going to be fantastic with the Food & Wine Festival and more than 30 live reporters there to cover it for us. :thumbsup2

Ok, let's check in now with all of our great current reporters beginning with Jenna (DisWishes720). Sadly, Jenna's trip ended yesterday so we received her final three part update today.

She said, "Hi Barb! I'm so sorry for the delay! Long story short I thought I lost my phone but found it while unpacking! :laughing: Anyway here is our final review since I had no phone on our last day." :(

"On Saturday we walked through Epcot and grabbed a drink at the Mexico kiosk before dinner. My mom enjoying the mixed fruit frozen margarita!"

"Then we ended up here...

"We started with the fried calamari."

"It was very yummy. Your average fried calamari, but very good none the less."

"Then came the pizza! We ordered two large pies. The first was the piccante."

"This was very yummy and the crust was cooked perfectly. Here is Mark showing his approval."

"We also ordered the capriciossa."

"The eggplant and onions were sautéed first and it was absolutely delicious!"

"We also shared a pitcher of yummy sangria!"

"This was a great meal. It was fast, inexpensive and done very well. I really recommend this restaurant for families looking for a value and great quality food!"

"Then we had to stop by one of my wish list picks for dessert...

"I had the caramel corn...

"Yum! This was a fun treat."

"My mom had the chocolate cookie drizzled with caramel."

"She enjoyed this but did say the caramel was just ok."

"So that's it for us! I can't believe we're home :(. Until next time!" :wave2:

4 September Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs and pics of mom and Mark

Hi Barb, I would like to volunteer for November if you still are looking for volunteers. My husband, daughter and I will be there November 16 through the 23rd. This will be our 3rd trip. Right now our ADR's include:

Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Akershus (lunch)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Sci Fi
Flying Fish
Tusker House (lunch)
Citrocos
CRT (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner and breakfast)
Via Napoli
La Hacienda de San Angel
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)

Forgot to mention that I am looking forward to trying lots of cocktails on this trip. I was pregnant on our trip last year so there were no adult beverages for me.

And since that was Jenna's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

DisWishes720's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 88

Hi Barb, I would like to volunteer for November if you still are looking for volunteers. My husband, daughter and I will be there November 16 through the 23rd. This will be our 3rd trip. Right now our ADR's include:

Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Akershus (lunch)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Sci Fi
Flying Fish
Tusker House (lunch)
Citrocos
CRT (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner and breakfast)
Via Napoli
La Hacienda de San Angel
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)

That would be great, thanks Sherry! :thumbsup2 You can expect a PM from me about a month from now that will give you my info for sending your updates.

Hello fellow food lovers :) I'm Bridgette and I'm checking in with the October team! My family will be in wdw from October 28th- Nov. 2nd. There will be 6 people in my group which are my dad and mom,me, my middle sister, and my brother and one of my aunts. We are staying at the all-star sports in two rooms. We will be joining MNSSHP and food and wine festival. I will post pictures of the family and report on our restaurants as time gets nearer.

Next in this morning was a five part snack update from DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "We had several great snacks yesterday. As alluded to in the Nine Dragons review, I went with a light option there as I had a heavier snack in mind in another WS pavilion, Germany. Germany recently added a few items to their counter service location...

Sommerfest

"After the lackluster macaroni gratin at BOG, I knew DH and I needed to share the Nudel Gratin in the German Pavilion."

"Holy cow was this mac and cheese good. It was creamy, it was incredibly cheesy, and it had enough pepper spice to round it all out. The portion size was huge! I was so glad I had DH to share it with. And for those on the dining plan, it is a snack credit."

Beach Club Marketplace

"I picked up a Peanut Butter cupcake at Beach Club Marketplace. I haven't tried this yet, it's in the refrigerator, but it looks really, really, good. I will add my thoughts as soon as I taste it tomorrow."

"After dinner we stopped by L'Artisan des Glaces to try their ice cream and sorbet."

"I initially selected the Caramel Fleur de Sel ice cream single scoop in a cup."

"I don't really know how to describe this flavor, other than to say it just tasted "off". The initial taste wasn't good, but there was a weird aftertaste as well. The trash can consumed all but two spoons of it."

"Not ready to throw in the towel, I went back and ordered a single scoop of the Mango sorbet."

"This was really good!"

"DH chose the Lemon sorbet and let the baby have a few small tastes."

"Her facial reactions are priceless. I had to include a few just so you could see what I mean. The funny part was despite the shudders, she kept coming back for a few more small tastes. DH and DD really enjoyed the lemon sorbet." :)

"Oh, and here's one to show you she doesn't always have that "I just tasted lemon for the first time" expression."

"Later in the evening, DH and I shared a LeFou's Brew from...

"This was really sweet and though my two older kids love it, I don't think we are fans."

"As we were leaving the MK, we stopped by Big Top Souvenirs to look around."

"A cast member began talking with us about our trip and asked if we were celebrating anything. We told her that it is our tenth anniversary and she immediately boxed up two chocolate covered strawberries for us."

"They were a nice, late night treat!?"

5 September Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and baby pics

One more update and then it's time for me to call it a night. This one is from DeeDee's dinner last night at Epcot's...

Tutto Italia

She said, "Dinner last night was at Tutto Italia in the WS Italy Pavilion. It was raining and we were trying to keep ourselves and DD dry, so unfortunately we did not take a picture of the signage or the outside dinner menu and to add insult to injury, we just plain forgot to take a picture of the menu once we were inside."

"We started off the meal with the bread service and olives."

"DH ordered the lasagna...

"This is one of his favorite dishes in WDW and it once again did not disappoint. He loved it."

"I ordered the Spaghetti and Meatballs."

"This happens to be one of my favorite dishes in the World as well. It was so good! :)

"We really enjoy the food at Tutto and it is one of the very few, every trip restaurants for us."

3 September Game Points Earned

That's all for tonight, but check back tomorrow for great updates from Grand Floridian Cafe, Chefs de France, Crystal Palace, The Plaza, and Raglan Road and more.

Until then... SWEET DISNEY DREAMS! :cloud9:

Good night! :wave2:

Hi everyone! Taking a break from my studies to check in for October reporting.

We'll be back in WDW from October 10th to 13th for the Food and Wine Festival. This is our first F&W trip in 11 years, so we can't wait to sample several items from the marketplace booths. The locations we're most excited about are Australia, Brazil, Florida Local, Greece, Hawaii, Hops & Barley, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, and Singapore. :thumbsup2

We'll be spending the first two nights at Yacht Club (our favorite!), while the third night is at Pop Century. Regarding our meals, we've purchased the DxDP for our Yacht Club nights, and Pop is a room only booking.

This'll be our first time using a dining plan since 2011 (mainly because my TIW card is expiring), but I think I've developed a perfect strategy. In the past, the DxDP was too much food for us - we found that we weren't fully enjoying our meals by the end of the trip. However, this time we'll only have DxDP credits for 2 nights, which means we have 12 meal credits to use on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. That translates to a signature meal each night, which is completely manageable (and we can use our snack credits at the F&W booths!). As of right now, the only restaurant we're definitely dining at is California Grill. Our last few experiences there were disappointing, so we're looking forward to seeing how things have changed. As for our other meals, we're torn between Jiko, Artist Point, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Monsieur Paul. Whichever we choose, it'll be interesting to see how the new California Grill compares with them!

Looking forward to reporting soon. :goodvibes It's been a stressful month (and this week things are only getting worse), so we're definitely going to appreciate this getaway.

Mr. DDW I'm looking forward to seeing which Signature you choose for your other dinner. :thumbsup2 California Grill for sure has my attention. I thought I read your post wrong at first since I saw not only a dining plan but a deluxe dining plan. But I have to say, awesome strategy there.

Tell your mom Em and I say hi! :wave:

Dee Dee: That photo of your baby with the lemon sorbet is so adorable!! Love it and I can completely imagine the shudder that accompanied the look. :)

Mr. DDW I'm looking forward to seeing which Signature you choose for your other dinner. :thumbsup2 California Grill for sure has my attention. I thought I read your post wrong at first since I saw not only a dining plan but a deluxe dining plan. But I have to say, awesome strategy there. Tell your mom Em and I say hi! :wave:
I think my wording was confusing, since I mentioned using a dining plan when it actually is the Deluxe! If I've done the math correctly, we'll have 12 total meal credits (3 meal credits per night x 2 nights x 2 people). A signature meal for the two of us is 4 credits, so we can actually do 2 signatures in addition to Cali Grill. :thumbsup2

I think it'll work well since we won't be going from one heavy meal to another. Rather, we'll have one nice meal each night, and the rest of the time can be spent enjoying snacks and quick service at our own pace. :)

She also says hi! Just the other night she asked me how our Dis friends are doing, and I didn't know what to say (since I'm so behind on your and Vicki's reports!). Hope all is well :goodvibes

Awwwww, DeeDee's baby girl is so sweet!

I am thrilled to see all these October reporters. With my trip being postponed until spring it will be nice to live vicariously through all of you, lol. The Oct/Nov game should be a fun one to watch. I wonder if anyone will beat Jeanette's massive 467 reigning point record, there are some great plans posted here!

Hi everyone! Taking a break from my studies to check in for October reporting.

As of right now, the only restaurant we're definitely dining at is California Grill. Our last few experiences there were disappointing, so we're looking forward to seeing how things have changed. As for our other meals, we're torn between Jiko, Artist Point, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Monsieur Paul. Whichever we choose, it'll be interesting to see how the new California Grill compares with them!

DDW, I am so looking forward to seeing and reading all about your upcoming trip. Our trip in Nov/Dec we will be on the DxDP and have ADR's for California Grill, Jiko, Flying Fish, and Monsieur Paul as well. I'm really curious about Monsieur Paul... Please, please, please go there (As I shamelessly beg). :lmao:

Hi Everyone,
My daughters, DD4, DD2 are taking us to Disney :lmao: :goodvibes We are celebrating my oldest tuning 5 with my husband, and my in-laws, and we are meeting my mom and her husband there since they live in the area. We all get along well and I cannot wait to hang out with both sets of parents. We are traveling to WDW on 9/30-10/7. We have a few ADRs scheduled, listed below, and will eat at various QSD locations. We have a few food allergies in our group, my DD2 has a peanut/tree nut allergy, so hopefully I can impart a few good pointers on eating at Disney with food allergies. Thanks! :cool1:

Chef Mickeys Dinner
Cinderellas Royal Table Breakfast
Crystal Palace Lunch
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party
Tusker House Breakfast
Ohana Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic! Package
1900 Park Fare
Be Our Guest Lunch (on FP+)

Good morning everyone! :) It's great to see more of our October volunteers checking in. I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting very excited about the quickly approaching Food & Wine Festival. :hyper: Sadly, I'm again unable to go to the Festival again this year, so I'm very much looking forward to living vicariously through the festival photos sent to us by the many live reporters who will be attending. For the opening weekend alone, we will have about a dozen reporters at Disney World. I of course will be "on call" or rather I should say, "on text" and "on email" and will try to immediately post any festival updates I receive from them. And to those lucky reporters who will be there this weekend...Don't forget your F & W updates are worth double game points through 11:00 p.m. on Sunday. Oh, and to further sweeten the pot...the first one to send a F & W fest update (must include a pic and review of at least one food item) will receive triple points!! :thumbsup2

So who will that first reporter be...perhaps one of our three reporters who are arriving tomorrow??? :scratchin

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: MichelleWDWfan :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: Riles_and_Gabe :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: kaybird :cheer2:

MichelleWDWfan and her DS will be at Disney World from 9/25 - 9/30 and Michelle has again volunteered to do live updates for us!

Riles_and_Gabe will also be at Disney World from 9/25 - 10/1 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

kaybird will be at Disney World from 9/25 - 10/3 and has volunteered to do live updates for us too!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Michelle, Riles_and_Gabe & kaybird!!! :cool1:

With one reporter arriving today, three tomorrow, and three more on Thursday, I'm going to try my best to get caught up today with our updates. So with that in mind, let's get started this morning with some more of yesterday's updates, starting with Eric's (VikingInMouseEars) update from their lunch at...

"We both had the Grand Sandwich...

Grand Sandwich - open-faced hot ham, fresh-roasted turkey, bacon and tomato with a rich boursin cheese sauce and fried onion straws

"This was very rich and very good."

"For dessert, we shared the dessert sampler..

Dessert Sampler for Two - Fresh Berry Tart, Boston Creme Pie, Key Lime Tart, Lemon Cheesecake, and a Chocolate Mickey

"The food here is always good, but the service is hit or miss...not bad really but it can be slow. But today the service was spot on." :thumbsup2

Eric also sent us the next update yesterday afternoon, this one an Epcot snack update from Japan's...

Kabuki Cafe

"Kaki gori, new size or just out of the other cups???" :confused3

6 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu

Checking in :cool1:

Plan on eating at
CA Grill
Via Napoli
Bluezoo
Hurricane Hannah's
Food and Wine kiosks :goodvibes

rizzo0904 also sent us an Epcot snack update yesterday afternoon, but her's was from Norway's...

Kringla Bakeri Og Cafe

Here's what they had...

Chocolate Viking Mousse

Cloudberry Horn

"Cream puff...meh."

1 September Game Point Earned

Baby Buzz-ette is so cute! She's getting big!

Glad to see DDW has another trip coming up. I think using the DxDP is a great way to get a lot of signatures and not overeat. It is my strategy when I don't have a TIW card.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter