Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Susan (jecskc) sent us her daily update yesterday.

She said, "Reporting in for Day 4 !!"

"For lunch DH and I got some fish and chips from the Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK at Epcot."

"We got a sugar cookie for dessert."

"This was really good, the fish was freshly cooked. Very enjoyable. I have always wanted to stop here and I was so glad we did."

"For dinner we went to Fairfax Faire in Hollywood Studios."

"DH got the ribs..."

"He said he enjoyed them, but they are very messy."

"I got a Fairfax Salad..."

"I know this looks like just lettuce and chili with some cheese but there are tomatoes, roasted corn and some crunchy tortilla strips in there, too. It was really good. I have gotten this several times and it never disappoints. The dressing has a little spice to it."

"And DD got the kids mac and cheese."

"She scarfed this down, so she must have enjoyed it."
:thumbsup2

5 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic

Our last update from yesterday was sent to us by emmebear.

She said, "Here is part 1 of my update from Sunday."

"After completely gorging myself on food the day before, I wasn't very hungry so I cancelled our Kona ADR. Emme had some yogurt, fruit, cheese & the inside of a baguette from Boulangerie the day before."

"We weren't rushed to get to DHS, as we were using our Mickey bands and I had TSM as a fast pass plus. I have mixed feelings about FP+ but it was pretty easy changing the times as the line to meet Sofia was super long. As of now, you can also use the paper fast pass in addition to the fast pass plus. This allowed us to ride TSM three times!"

"Emme was super excited to meet Sophia and it was a wonderful character experience. Sofia was amazing and even used Emme's blowdryer from her new vanity set. I loved the picture of Emme & Sofia. It's one of my favorites. The wait was totally worth it."

"After some rides, my tummy was grumbling. I cancelled our ADR to Teppan Edo and got a last minute ADR to 50's Prime Time using the my Disney Experience app."

"I grabbed a beer from the bar as we were waiting for our table. Five minutes after checking in, I spilled half my Sam Adams Octoberfest on the lady at the bar while signing my check *le sigh*"

"We were seated on a long bench with another family. It was kind of awkward as we shared the same eating space but didn't really talk. They were pretty anti-social."

"Our server was pretty funny and was somewhat patient with my order for Emme. I asked for the pasta to be tossed in butter and also to add some cheese on top. Emme doesn't like red sauce but she will eat pasta. I also asked for the chicken on the side and a scoop of mashed potatoes. They got the order right but Disney sucks at melting cheese on top of pasta. The cheese just kind of hangs there on top of the pasta. Emme used her chopsticks during the meal! She also had the Ariel light up cup sans lemonade and I subbed with a milk."

"I ordered the Patron margarita. It was soooo yummy. Hands down better than any of the margaritas I've had at Epcot. It was strong but not overwhelming and there was the perfect amount of sour mix. It was delicious".

"For my lunch, I ordered Aunt Liz's fried chicken. I'm a huge collard greens fan so i was excited for the side. This was my first meal of the day and after two drinks, I was really really hungry."

"The fried chicken was tasty. It wasn't super greasy and had a great crunch."

"The greens needed some hot sauce so I asked for tabasco. I also used it on top of my chicken. The greens were really, really good. They were very tender and the pork mixed with the greens were very good."

"The potatoes and gravy were a great compliment to the chicken."

"I devoured my plate and am now part of the Clean Plate Club."

"I should be embarrassed that I ate the entire meal, as the lady next to me barely finished hers and then tried to hide her uneaten chicken with a used napkin." :laughing:

"Later on in the day, I regretted being a part of the Clean Plate Club as I had a serious tummy ache. That was the most grease I had consumed in probably two years. BUT it was tasty going down!" ;)

"Emme got a vanilla sundae for her dessert. I had a second margarita for my dessert!"

"Overall, it was a fun meal at 50's Prime Time. I can't say I would return as I don't eat much American food if I don't have to but for what it's worth, the food tasted fresh, it was a fun atmosphere and the margaritas were excellent."

2 September Game Points + 5 Bonus Points for sign, pics of emmebear & Emme, and misc. pics

Good morning everyone! :wave2: Seven of our reporters sent in more than a dozen updates yesterday for your viewing pleasure (three of them from Via Napoli), so let's get started on those. Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by anniebean.

She said, "Last night was dinner at..."

San Angel Inn

"Geoff didn't take a pic of the normal menu, but did take a pic of my Vegetarian menu."

"I had the first option--Planto Vegetariano."

Planto Vegetariano - Great combination of sauteed mixed vegetables (carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chayote, red onions, garlic and green onions), served over a bed of flour tortillas and black beans

"Honestly, best Mexican dish I've ever had! It was wonderful! I even ate the carrots and I've had a lifelong hatred of carrots!!"

"We had chips, salsa & margaritas too beforehand."

"I got the pineapple margarita, Geoff got the classic. His was better."

"Geoff tried taking pic of his shrimp dish, but was way too blurry to send."

"For dessert, I had the Bavarian mousse, and Geoff had the caramel cheesecake."

"Both were good, but after a full tummy, I couldn't finish mine."

"Oh, and we visited Club Cool yesterday at Epcot. Israel has a drink with the same name as my new baby niece...Kinley."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu, misc. pic and First Update of the Day

Next in yesterday were some Epcot updates from David (bigdave10000) & Colleen, including the first of our three updates from Via Napoli.

But first is an adult beverage update from Japan's...

David said, "Yesterday we checked out of VWL and checked into BWV for our last 3 nights. We walked over to Epcot and got a Kirin beer for me and a hot sake for Colleen from the cart in front of the Japanese pavilion (Kabuki Cafe)."

"We then went to Italy for lunch at..."

"We split a pitcher of white sangria. It was so good and refreshing."

"Colleen had the eggplant caponata...

Eggplant Caponata - eggplant salad with olives, capers, pignoli nut, tomatoes, and raisins

...and the caprese salad."

Mozzarella Caprese - vine-ripened tomato and fresh milk mozzarella

"I had the piccante pizza."

Piccante Pizza with spicy Italian sausage

"Sorry I forgot to take pictures before we started."

"We then stopped by the Mexico pavilion's...

"I got a cucumber margarita..."

"I loved it. I like it better than the avocado mainly because it is on the rocks instead of frozen."

4 September Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and misc. pics

Our next two-part update from the Dolphin hotel was also sent to us by David & Colleen.

David said, "Before dinner we stopped by for a drink at the...

"I want to thank DDW for posting pictures of the bar menu on his trip. After I saw the manhattan on the menu, I knew Colleen had to try it. I got the Old Tom Negroni and Colleen had the barrel aged manhattan. My drink was very good. Colleen said it was the best manhattan she has ever had." :thumbsup2

Barrel Aged Manhattan - Our Manhattan starts with a classic recipe of Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon, Dolin Vermouth, and orange bitters. It is then aged in an oak barrel until we deem it ready. The cocktail you will enjoy is one of the smoothest manhattans made, garnished with brandied cherries.

Old Tom Negroni - A great appertif cocktail with Haymans Old Tom Gin, Dolin Sweet Vermouth, Campari, and orange bitters, served over ice with an orange twist.

"After the drink at blueZoo we had dinner at..."

"I started with a gin martini. Colleen had a glass on Pinot Grigio."

"They has the best sourdough bread."

"We split a Caesar salad. They left the anchovies on the side for me because Colleen doesn't care for them."

"I had a NY strip rare plus. It was perfect."

"Colleen had the lobster bisque and the side of the crab Mac and cheese. Both were very good."

"Service was great as usual." :thumbsup2

"Shula's really is amazing. So much better then Yachtsman. Ohh, I just remembered. The Swan Dolphin has a loyalty card that you can get points for gift certificates. It only took us 2-3 meals to earn a $75 gift certificate. Plus this is on top of Tables in Wonderland. You can use both."

"You can also use it in the bars to earn points." ;)

6 September Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for name/sign and menu pics, misc. pic, and loyalty card tip

Next is another update from anniebean, this one from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "I had the caprese flatbread and Geoff had the pepperoni flatbread and chocolate gelato."

"I chose fries as a side instead of getting dessert (we're on the Dining Plan so I was surprised they let me do this). Mine was yummy. Geoff said his was "ok"."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pic

Our second Via Napoli update from yesterday was sent to us by a new reporter who just arrived at Disney World, Maiky.

He said, "Hi Barb! After 24 hours with no sleep (due to work schedule) we finally arrived at Wilderness Lodge this morning. Since we were starving we went to our lunch ADR ahead of time and we were seated immediately at ..."

Looks like they started with the red sangria...

...and the complimentary bread basket & olive oil.

"For the appetizer I ordered the Fritto di Verdura (crisp fried vegetables, marinara piccante) and Iván ordered the Arancini (fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu)."

"We also ordered two individual size pizzas; the Piccante (Italian spicy sausage) and Carciofi (white pizza, artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil).

"For dessert we both ordered the tiramisú.......and there was a pitcher of sangria that quickly disappeared from our table."

"Everything was great and our server was very attentive."

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menus

Our next couple of updates were sent to us by Kim (Kimmy2Disney).

"She said, On Saturday we went to Animal Kingdom, so we had some lunch at ..."

"We shared two chicken fried rice orders and one beef lo mein - both were tasty options. The beef was really tender and the portion was HUGE!"

3 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then on Saturday night Kim had dinner at Downtown Disney's...

Kim said, "For dinner we tried something new to us again - Paradiso 37. It was really unorganized and crazy here. Even though we had a reservation we had to wait more than 20 mins for a table while they kept accepting walkups, weird." :confused3

"I had read a review of this place and was dying to try to crazy corn, the 3 adults split an order..."

Central American Crazy Corn - Fire roasted corn on the cob, spicy yellow pepper sauce, and imported cheeses

"It was SO good!! I could have eaten it all myself!"

"I had the side version of the chicken tortilla salad without the chicken. It was a good size for being a side and was delish!"

Tortilla Salad (side salad without chicken) - mixed greens tossed with roasted corn, diced tomatoes, crispy tortilla chips and Queso fresco in a citrus vinaigrette

"My mom had the shrimp and jicama salad."

Skewered Shrimp & Jicama Orange Salad - Three Jumbo Skewered Shrimp with Mixed Greens Tossed with Orange Segments, Jicama, Dried Apricots, Raisins, Toasted Almond and Pumpkin Seeds in a Prickly Pear Vinaigrette

"It had only 3 shrimp, but they were very large. She liked it and said she would order again!"

"DH got the fish tacos, but forgot to take his pic until there was only one left - he started with 3."

Baja Fish Tacos - crispy seasonal fish, roasted corn salsa, lime crema, spicy slaw, tortilla salad

"He liked them and said the sauce was perfectly spicy!"

"We would eat here again, but would choose lunch or a weekday night so it wouldn't be so crowded!"

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name/menu pics

Next in yesterday were a couple of updates from skw444.

She said, "This trip we decided to try all restaurants that were new to us. Sunday night was..."

"Here was what was waiting for us when we sat down."

"First up, a picture with Dale."

"Now to the food. To start, bread with maple butter and the Farmer’s salad. I love salads and this was delicious." (pictured in Row 1)

"Adult plate from left to right: Turkey with Lemon Caper Sauce, Tilapia with Roasted Tomato and Pepper Compote, Carrots, Filet of Beef with Red Wine Butter and Carmelized Onion Mashed potatoes. My favorite was the Tilapia, DD liked the Beef and DH like the Turkey." (Row 2, right side)

"Kids Plate: Broccoli, Baked Chicken leg, Sweet Potato fries, and Mac n Cheese. The mac n cheese was a hit with both my girls and we got a second helping of that. I loved the sweet potato fries…a good combination of sweet and salty and just the right crispiness." (Row 3, right side)

"Dessert: for the kids, Cupcake Cone minus the pearls since my dd has an allergy (Row 2, left side) and for the adults, Harvest skillet with a vanilla bean whipped topping (Row 3, left side). I’m not a big dessert eater, so I thought this was just ok."

5 September Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for name/menu, pic of DDs with Dale, misc. pic and collage

Then skw444 sent us our third update from...

VIA NAPOLI

She said, "On Monday night, we had dinner at Via Napoli. I have heard great things about this restaurant so I was excited to try it."

"To start, we had the Arancini and a glass of white sangria. We enjoyed both of these."

"For dinner, DD8 decided on the kids spaghetti and meatballs, DD11 chose the cheese pizza and DH and I split a mushroom/pepperoni pizza:"

"We decided to skip dessert here. I don’t know if it was all the great reviews I read beforehand that set my expectations high, but this was just an okay meal for us. Nothing special. The restaurant is very loud and the tables are very close together. This is one restaurant that we can say we’ve done, but we are in no hurry to return." :sad2:

"Later, we decided to check out La Cava del Tequila to try their margaritas. I had the Jalapeno Margarita and I give it two thumbs up!" :thumbsup2

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of DD and two collages

Then on Saturday night Kim had dinner at Downtown Disney's...

"I had read a review of this place and was dying to try to crazy corn, the 3 adults split an order..."

Central American Crazy Corn - Fire roasted corn on the cob, spicy yellow pepper sauce, and imported cheeses

"It was SO good!! I could have eaten it all myself!"

Oooo that crazy corn looks good! I was initially turned off from Paradiso37 because first glance made it seem like a total bar scene:sick:

But that crazy corn sure is tempting. We'd be going on a Monday night so we may just give it a chance.

Next up is another update from Maiky, this one from their dinner at the Wilderness Lodge's...

"The service again was great, our server Diana did a great job taking care of us."

"For the appetizers I ordered the Artisanal Cheese Selection and Iván chose the Confit Natural Bacon."

Artisanal Cheese Selection - Beechers Flagship Reserve Cheddar, Fromage D'Affinois de Brebis, and Echo Mountain Bleu with Seasonal Garnish

Confit Natural Bacon with Sunny-side Up Quail Egg, Chow Mein Noodles, and Blood Orange Glaze

"We also ordered a Margarita and an Apple Martini."

"For our entrées we both chose the Grilled Center-cut Filet Mignon. It was good but I had to send mine back because it was too rare for my taste."

"While I waited they offered me the Smokey Portobello Soup."

"For dessert I ordered the Artist Point Cobbler..."

... and Iván ordered the Baked Alaska.

"Since he is celebrating his birthday they brought us a complimentary drink. (Sorry, I don't remember the name)"

"Then, after watching the Electrical Water Pageant,...

... we visited Territory Lounge for some drinks."

"We ordered the Piña Colava...

... and the Captain's Mai Tai. Both were delicious!

6 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name/signs, menus, and misc. pics

Next in yesterday was our daily report from Susan (jecskc).

She said, "Reporting in for Day 5 !!"

"For lunch we ate at...

Be Our Guest

"DD had the Croque Monsieur."

"DH had the Carved Roast Beef sandwich."

"And I had the Braised Pork."

"It was crazy busy and really crowded as you enter the restaurant. The ordering process was slow for those that couldn't grasp the concept and this made it frustrating for those of us that knew what we wanted. Other than that, we really liked it."

"DS wanted chicken nuggets so he went to Tomorrowland to get those."

"For dinner we went to...

"DH and I split the burger."

"And DD got the kids macaroni."

"We always enjoy our food here. No complaints."

5 September Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for name

Our last updates from yesterday are sadly the final ones from our Disneyland reporter, Chris (ChrisNY2).

Chris said, "Sorry for the delay in getting this to you! The internet in my hotel was TERRIBLE."

"On Sunday, after the half marathon, I went back to Flo's V8 Cafe for breakfast."

"I had the Kid's American Breakfast with Coke Zero and water. I liked the variety - the turkey bacon was very good!"

"I went to dinner with friends in L.A."

"On Monday morning, I had a small breakfast at..."

"I had the oatmeal, which was really good. And more water - trying to stay hydrated after all of that running!"

4 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for signs

And then we have Chris' last Disneyland update ...

"For my final evening dinner, I had the World of Color package at the Carthay Circle Restaurant."

"I started with a Carthay Circle Martini made with Hendrick's Gin. The bartender made the ice and olives into a hidden Mickey!"

"I started with the Seasonal Soup, which I enjoyed. It tasted fresh and flavorful."

Roasted Tomato Hatch Chile Broth with Roasted Chicken and Summer Corn

"For my entree, I enjoyed the Grilled Angus Ribeye. It was great and I really enjoyed the flavors of the mushrooms and grapes that surrounded the steak."

Grilled Angus Rib-eye with Sauteed Mushrooms Ragu, Red Flame Grapes and Blue Cheese

"For dessert, I had the Toasted Lemon Pound Cake and Coffee. This dessert was DELICIOUS!"

Toasted Lemon Pound Cake with Fresh Marinated Blueberries and Lemon Curd Cream with Tahitian Vanilla Chantilly

"I've included a post-dinner picture of Pluto and me in front of Carthay Circle. I had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely recommend a visit."

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu and pic with Pluto

And since that was Chris' final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

ChrisNY2's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 43

And since that was Chris' final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

ChrisNY2's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 43

Thanks Barb! I really love this thread - both reading it regularly and reporting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter