Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

yorkshirebelle also sent us an update from their dinner tonight at Epcot's...

She said, "Really wanted to try this place because of the atmosphere."

First some menu pics...

"We really wanted to try the margaritas. This is DH with his wild passion fruit margarita. I ended up drinking most of this and it was very sweet but with a little sour kick."

"My pineapple margarita and pink lemonade in the background."

"This was margarita had a real sour edge to it, but was delicious."

"Complimentary chips with mild and a spicy dip. I thought the mild dip was spicy enough!"

"DH's Mole Poblano...."

Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of poblano rice, with the classic mole, made with nuts, spcies, chilies and a hint of cocoa

"He did not really enjoy this. The cocoa taste was too bitter and there was also too much heat from the chili."

"My choice - Pollo a las Rajas..."

Pollo a las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese

"I enjoyed this but could not finish it all, the sauce was quite rich."

And for dessert...

"I had the crema bavaria...."

Crema Bavaria - creamy Bavarian mousse served with mixed berries, cinnamon and orange liqueur

"Which I really enjoyed, but again could not finish. Our server lit a candle in both desserts in honour of our wedding anniversary."

"For dessert DH had the chocolate mousse, which he really enjoyed and completely devoured."

"We enjoyed our meal overall at San Angel Inn. The service was excellent, we were seated ahead of our ADR, were given a table right on the water and our server was attentive without being intrusive. We had a great experience but would probably not rush back as DH was not overly fond of the food."

5 August Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics and restaurant pic

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by jacksmom and is a breakfast snack update from Epcot's...

Sunshine Seasons

Berry Croissant Bread Pudding

Cinnamon Roll

1 August Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next we received a couple of updates from Dena (Denamac).

First was an update from their dinner last night at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "For appetizer, we had 2 orders of calamari and the Parmesan bread."

"We enjoyed all of these."

"I had the Cannelloni. It was tasty. I didn't eat it all, but I would order it again."

"Each girl had the Shrimp Scampi. They didn't like it; said it had no flavor!"

"Ed had the chicken parmigiana but subbed the marinara sauce with Alfredo."

"He raved about the dish. Said the chicken was delicious."

"For dessert, Ed got the piña colada cheesecake."

"We all had a bite. It was very good!"

5 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name/menu pics

Next Dena sent us a snack update from Magic Kingdom's...

Storybook Treats

"I had the strawberry shortcake sundae and Logan had the fudge brownie sundae. Very yummy!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Then Dena sent a two-part lunch update from Epcot.

She said, "We separated for lunch. Payton and I had..."

Sunshine Seasons

"Payton and I had the tuna noodle salad."

"It tasted "different" today per Payton. I didn't really enjoy it."

"Logan and Ed fared better than us, they went to Liberty Inn in the World Showcase."

"Logan had the Barbecue Pork sandwich, which she said was good."

"Ed had the Bacon Cheeseburger. He ate it all so I guess no complaints!"

"Off now to tour the World Showcase!"

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Next we received the final updates from nicole0992.

She said,"This was our second visit this trip to..."

"The first time we shared an order. It was wonderful. This time we eat got our own and tried their dessert, the English Bay sugar cookie."

Fish & Chips

English Bay Sugar Cookie

"The fish and chips were awesome. They opened at 11:30 and we were there when they opened. The cookie was delicious. It was one of the best sugar cookies I've ever had." :thumbsup2

"This little guy just watched us eat. He was not demanding, just sat there looking cute." ;)

Then last from nicole0992 was a two-part snack update.

She said, "My daughter grabbed one of these little beauties for the plane ride."

"And I picked up my favorite treat in all of WDW..."

Chewy Caramel Bar

"Yum, I loved it!"

4 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of DD, and misc. pic

And since that was nicole0992's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Fantastic Job!!! :thanks:

nicole0992's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 200

Taking a quick break from packing to post a great update from pennyplanner.

She and her sister had dinner last night at the Grand Floridian's...

First some menu pics...

"Bread Service: Half was 5 Grain"

"The other half was Kalamata olive with salted butter, dusted with lemon and lime zest."

Tamarind-grilled Berkshire pork belly with spiced mascarpone creamed corn

"This was just incredible. Thankfully, my sister shares. ;) Perfectly cooked, richness!"

"Charcuterie (Consult the menu for specifics. Too many items to list!)"

"Highlights: The chorizo was my favorite. The accents were perfect foils to the salty, sometimes spiciness of the meats--Medjool dates, pickled fennel, marcona almonds, and some mild green olives. My least favorite meat was the duck rillette. Not enough duck flavor. The white powder near it was a little molecular gastronomy a la Wylie Dufresne. Listed as lavender mustard, it looked cool, but I would have rather had the real thing! Overall it was a lovely presentation that is very shareable!"

Braised Veal Shank with carrot potato mash, grilled vegetables and toasted citrus gremolata

"This came home with us!"

Short Ribs with hominy-cheddar potato purée and wild mushrooms

"Mmmmmm! Tender ribs, perfectly cooked mushroom, and slightly cheesy potatoes... Need I say more?" ;)

Trio of Gelato

"Two out of three left when we remembered to take a picture! Did I mention the wine pairings were perfect? :) The cappuccino magically disappeared! The raspberry and the vanilla were equally good. Fun presentation and a perfect size!"

Seasonal Berry Gratin with champagne and Grand Marnier sabayon

This was blueberries, black raspberries, and raspberries in a thin cookie dish, topped with the sauce. I did not detect the orangey liquor at all, but the sauce was light and did not detract from the freshness of the fruit. Plate-licking worthy!" ;)

"Overall rating: 5 Stars!
Although our waiter got off to a slow start, (dribbled wine--the tablecloth and all over the side of the wine glass!) he recovered nicely. The food was artfully presented, and the textures and flavors followed suit. We thoroughly enjoyed the well chosen wine pairings."

"Although a signature location, this is a relaxed dining experience with comfy chairs that is not overly loud. Last year at this time Citrico's was closed for rehab; we're so glad it was open this year!"

"Grand Floridian Bonus..."

"The lobby orchestra was in full swing when we were headed to the monorail. Live music, Disney classics. We happily stood and enjoyed the local talent. What a way to end our fine dining experience!"

5 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name/menu pics and orchestra pic

A few more updates from yesterday to post this morning, starting with this one from jacksmom.

She and her family had lunch yesterday at Epcot's...

"DH and I had a glass of Sangria, which had a very nice taste and was strong!..."

"Chips came with two salsas, one green (milder) and a red (spicier)."

"DS had the steak tacos..."

Tacos de Carne - Grilled New York strip on flour tortillas, topped with chipotle pepper sauce, scallions and avocado. served with rice and beans

"DH and I had the Chicken Enchiladas..."

Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo - Corn tortillas filled with pulled chicken, covered with green tomatillo sauce, topped with sour cream, queso fresco and onion, served with black beans and rice

"And Kylie decided on the fruit cup and chocolate milk (she is picky)!..."

"We all enjoyed it!" :thumbsup2

5 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and pics of DH and DD

Next we have a live thread first, jacksmom's update from a...

Polynesian Resort Private Cabana

Their snacks...

Virgin Pina Colada

Banana Cabana

"And a beautiful fruit tray!"

And some cabana pics...

10 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, pics of DD, DS, & DH and misc. pics

jacksmom also sent us an update of the Evening Offerings yesterday (available from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.) at the...

Polynesian CL Lounge

And then the Dessert Offerings (available at 8:00)...

And a couple of lounge pics...

10 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for lounge pics

One more update to post and then I'm turning over the reigns to Rachel.

This is a dinner update from last night, courtesy of Dena (Denamac).

Mixed Greens Salad with a Lilikoi dressing

Pork Dumplings with Sweet-n-Sour Sauce
& Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings

Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce
& Stir-fried Vegetables

Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp

Szechuan Sirloin Steak

Char-Sui Pork Loin

Grilled Chicken

'Ohana Bread pudding a la mode

Payton's Birthday Cupcake

Dena said, "Delicious as always!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

The cheese selection at the Poly CL certainly does look enticing! In the dessert pictures, does anyone know what that sandwich looking type dessert is? Is that like a mini-carrot cake cookie?

Hello everyone!

I am here and devoted to this thread for the next week! The DIS is my master this next week, haha!

Our first update is from Dena (Denamac)

"Lunch was at Pecos Bills"

"Logan and Payton had the taco salad and used the wonderful toppings bar to customize it."

"Only one pic. Payton had started eating hers!"

"I had the cheeseburger and added sauteed onions and mushrooms. It was ok. I ate half but I confess I'm not much of a burger eater!"

"Ed had the BBQ pork sandwich and added cheese to his fries"

"We would come back, it was all pretty good. I would order differently next time!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics+ 1 for first update

I received Dena's final update.

"Here you go! Our last update! Payton wanted Starbucks. So she got a mocha frappuccino."

"And Logan wanted some popcorn!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus for Logan pic

Rachel (Yorkshirebelle) had lunch at

on August 2nd.

"We had an upstairs window table so that we could watch the parade"

Menu pics:

Strawberry and Mango Frozen Daiquiri

Honey Chicken with brown rice

Bourbon chicken with jasmine rice

"The reason I booked here. Cream cheese and pineapple wontons. Delicious!

DH's cheesecake

2 August points earned + 2 bonus for sign and menu

Rachel (Yorkshirebelle) had a pre RD 8am breakfast at

on August 2nd.

DH's 1st plate

"My first plate. Ham with honey mustard sauce, plantains, scrambled egg, bacon, a blintz which was kind of like a pancake stuffed with cheese and cherry sauce, tater tots"

"DH's 2nd plate- cherry turnover, fresh fruit, some kind of cake and bread pudding with vanilla sauce"

"My 2nd plate same things as HD plus a chocolate croissant"

3 August game points earned + 2 bonus points for sign and menu

Rachel (Yorkshirebelle) also had a

for a snack!

"Frozen banana snack in Animal Kingdom. Almost too cold to eat with sensitive teeth"

1 August point earned

I missed one more update from Dena (denamc)

She had a snack at Gaston's Tavern!

"We all shared. Everything was good! I really enjoyed Lefou's brew. I don't think it was too sweet. The cinnamon roll was devoured by my family. All in all, a good breakfast/snack choice!"

side note from me: this looks so good!

1 July Game Point earned + 1 Bonus for menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter