Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

I really enjoyed the DLP updates!! That castle is beautiful! That's great that they take photos on PotC! :)

No problem! I was excited to share this, especially since the MagicBands are here. And yep, we have two sets of MagicBands - one for AKL and one for Yacht Club. Not sure how it'll work if your split stay includes non-testing resorts.

Regarding your FP+ bookings, I would say go ahead and make FP+ selections even if Em isn't included yet. Since this is a limited test, people at IT told me you'll most likely be able to share your FP+ selections with the other people in your party once you arrive at the resort. Another thing - using FP+ is supposed to mean you can't use regular FP, but I'm not sure if that applies to the testing period or not (in the past, it hasn't). :confused3

For now, I'm just going with it. Since the FP+ reservations are made and the MagicBands are here, I'm ready to see what happens! :goodvibes

Donald,

Thanks for the update. How far before your trip did you see this note in your reservations? Just wondering when they update your My Disney Expierience with this. Did you do online check-in? Thanks in advance.

Glad people liked the DLP update, thanks Barb for posting all that :worship:

I really enjoyed the DLP updates!! That castle is beautiful! That's great that they take photos on PotC! :)

The castle is lovely and of course has a dragon underneath that you can visit! I actually think the Paris version of PotC is better than WDW, but one of the best things about Disney are the differences between the parks :thumbsup2

Final day of the school term today and students were out of uniform, hence about 20 of them were wearing ears (as were three of their teachers)!

Jeanette

Can anyone currently there tell me whether the makeup is still there? There are a few nail polishes I liked and wanted to get the full sized bottles, and was just curious.

Only a few updates received again today, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us by Cathy (catho72).

Her last update was from their lunch at Pecos Bill's, and this is what followed.

She said, "Here's a view of the crowds as we left Pecos Bill's. EEK!" :eek:

"After we had enough of the rain and the crowds in Magic Kingdom, my daughter and I headed over to the Polynesian to hang out. We did some shopping then wanted a snack so headed over to..."

"She chose a chocolate chip muffin..."

"And I chose a Dole Whip..."

"I would stink as a soft serve server!" :lmao:

"The Dole Whip is my favorite snack in all of WDW. I usually get it as a float from Aloha Isle but had to settle for it sans pineapple juice. It was still tasty! Megan enjoyed her muffin too."

1 July Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, misc. pic, and First Update of the Day

We then received Rachel's (Smiling Cheshire Cat) update from their dinner Sunday night at Epcot's...

She said, "We were last there withing the first month it opened."

Menu pics...

And the Kids menu...

Our waiter, Luigi, did such a good job explaining the menu. And he was quite a good salesman. He recommended the fruity tea, which was very refreshing, and this appetizer..."

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

"We all loved these!" :thumbsup2

"Here we all are with our pizza choice, half pepperoni and half 4 cheese (mozzarella, Parmesan, fontina, and provolone) with Parma Cotta ham."

"Sadly this one was totally burnt with a black crust so we had to send it back." :worried:

"Here's our second one, which was better but still black in places. The manager came by and explained that this was what the crust looks like when baked in a wood fired oven."

"Chase really loved his side of the pizza, which was the ham and cheese. It was a bit much for me. I liked the pepperoni better, but still wasn't fond of the burned spots on the crust."

"So we liked Via Napoli but will try something other than the pizza next time."

2 July Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and family pic

Next we received some updates from Kimmy2Disney, all from Epcot World Showcase.

Kim said, "Better late then never! I'm sitting down to send you most of last week's updates! Monday afternoon we were at Epcot, some had lunch in France, some UK fish and chips, and one lone Nuggets and fries from America."

"This was France's..."

Ham & Cheese Baguette

Chocolate Duo Dessert

Turkey bacon sandwich

Lobster bisque

'All very tasty! The bisque is a little spicy, but we loved it! The baguette was very hard to eat because it was soooo hard! But once we peeled away some crust it was OK. It's so hard to choose dessert here, but the chocolate duo was awesome!"

"Couldn't leave France without some Grand Marnier slushies!!!"

"Here is the chicken and fries from the American pavilion's...

Liberty Inn

"Also the s'mores brownie..."

"Everyone had a bite of brownie and it was soooo good! Cookie like bottom, brownie center, then a toasted marshmallow and chocolate frosting. Cant go wrong!"

"This was printing on the bottom of the receipt at most park QS restaurants.. 20% off at certain stores before 1 PM."

Then a quick stop in Japan for random candies...

"Cousin (13) got a bunch, but was really excited about these two - shrimp flavored straw looking crunchy things, and meat flavored candy (gross). He's really excited to show his friends at his upcoming birthday party!"

8 July Game Points Earned + 11 Bonus Points for signs, menus, people pics, and misc. other pics

Meat flavored candy sounds like a dog treat! Lol

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

One last update received today, this one from Cathy (catho72).

She said, "On Thursday, I took the Undiscovered Future World Tour at Epcot. It was an amazing tour and I highly recommend it! My family had already returned to the Beach Club after their Y.E.S. class so I had a solo lunch at...

"The kids and I had lunch there last year and loved it! I ordered the nachos and the churritos...."

"Last year the nacho chips were colored red, black and yellow (or whatever a normal chip color is). This year they were only yellow."

"The spices in the ground beef were so spicy that it made my nose run! So to avoid grossing out the diners around me, I only ate chips with cheese." ;)

"The churritos were good but cold by the time I ate them. I don't know if I'll return here soon."

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic

That's all for today folks but I'm almost finished with the details for the August/September game so I should be posting that tomorrow. I should also then be sending out a PM to all our August volunteers with my info. Sorry I'm running a little late with this, but the live updates have kept me pretty busy this month. ;)

One other bit of news, I will be taking a non-Disney family vacation from August 3 - 12. During this time, Rachel (rachel09985) has agreed to host the live thread. So those of you reporting during that time will receive her info for sending your updates.

Thanks for being a back up Rachel! It is good to know that Barb can take a few days off once in awhile! :laughing:

AAAHH!! I love that this thread is still alive and kicking! :hyper: Hey Barb, do you need any more updaters for Sept 23 - 26th? My sister and I are taking a short trip to try MNSSHP and would love to do them again. Maybe this time I could even send them in on time. :guilty:

The 20% off was printing on our CS receipts when we were there in April, too. (I know it printed at Pizzafari.)

Anyway, if you are going soon, keep your eye out for it. It's a great deal! The next day we went into the Emporium a little after noon time (you have to shop by 1 pm). We bought a TON of souvenirs for ourselves and family and got 20% off everything. Then we sent out stuff to package pick-up so we didn't have to carry it around all day and grabbed the bags at 11pm when we left.:thumbsup2

AAAHH!! I love that this thread is still alive and kicking! :hyper: Hey Barb, do you need any more updaters for Sept 23 - 26th? My sister and I are taking a short trip to try MNSSHP and would love to do them again. Maybe this time I could even send them in on time. :guilty:

Welcome to the September team! Thanks Angebee! :thumbsup2

Glad you're getting a vacation Barb :) Rachel's awesome for stepping in. I can imagine how much work this thread is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter