Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice cream in waffle bowls, scallops at Cali Grill, waffles with mascarpone, and swordfish at DCA's finest restaurant - what a great collection of food pics.

But among today's updates, the dish I'm craving most is Linda's oatmeal cakes with island fruit compote and greek yogurt. It just sounds so good right now. :thumbsup2

Ice cream in waffle bowls, scallops at Cali Grill, waffles with mascarpone, and swordfish at DCA's finest restaurant - what a great collection of food pics.

But among today's updates, the dish I'm craving most is Linda's oatmeal cakes with island fruit compote and greek yogurt. It just sounds so good right now. :thumbsup2

Hi DDW! :wave2: How are things in Philadelphia today? :worried:

Just received one last update from Chris (dvc4life).
She and her family are home now, but she wanted to share the pics from their dinner Saturday night at...

Raglan Road

F716F55B-44EB-4AA6-9452-EC6B65F538A7-27897-000023EBB0660943.jpg

Glass of Pinot Grigio

3E26A15B-372E-4B55-A89A-F12BD082FDCA-27897-000023EBB5451D1A.jpg

Kiss Before Shrimp – Pan seared shrimp in a garlic & chili lemon butter sauce with crostinis.
Get your kissing done before this dish arrives. :lmao:

Chris said, This was very good but very spicy. Whew!" :eek:

6FDEC408-D3B6-4B22-95B4-F871ABBAE1B6-27897-000023EBB98A2638-1.jpg

Pork Vienna – Breaded and seared pork Schnitzel with fried egg on top

Chris said, "Our friend said it was good."

729B1CC1-B518-40E3-BF3B-977A35710FCF-27897-000023EBBE0512B0-2.jpg

Kids' Mac 'n Cheese & a side of French Fries

Chris said, "It was really creamy and good."

4DE28DAB-48C3-4B6A-8023-440B263CDB9D-27897-000023EBC1B281C2-1-1.jpg

Fish & Chips - Beer battered fish 'n chips served with our fresh tartar sauce

9251376B-91DF-4FE2-BBFC-EFE4186CDBC6-27897-000023EBC563C11D-1.jpg

Serious Steak – 10oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey marmalade glaze, with fresh basil oil, mashed potatoes & topped with beer battered onion rings.

Chris said, "My DH had it and said it was really good."

A763C976-E510-4544-9A91-A915E3028918-29314-0000263BF7E9AD51-1.jpg

Kevin's Heavenly Ham
Irish Mist glazed loin of bacon with savoy cabbage, colcannon potatoes, parsley sauce and a raisin cider jus

Chris said, "Two of our group had this and both really enjoyed it."

C3EDA4CB-584D-4A38-8539-7F3B2417D862-27897-000023EDE6968EE1-1.jpg

King Cod - Lemon parsley crusted cod with a citrus white wine sauce and served on top of mashed potatoes

Chris said, "This was my dish. Man was it good."

Chris added, "We will definitely be going back to RR again! :thumbsup2
And this concludes our dining adventure. This was fun! We will be back in Florida in under 80 days...Yay!" :cool1:

And so on behalf of everyone here...

Thanks so much, Chris...you did GREAT!!! :thanks:

Hi Barb. Well, we are back home now and just want to thank you for all you are doing for this thread. We had fun taking the photos to send to you. I have to admit I didn't get on the boards while on vacation but I usually don't. So getting caught up tonight has been great fun. Keep up the excellent work. :thumbsup2

Hi DDW! :wave2: How are things in Philadelphia today? :worried:
The wind is howling (and I'm scared to leave my building, due to downed wires and trees falling down nearby), but I feel safe inside. :) Still, it's sad to hear about fatalities that have already occurred along the East Coast, and there have been some frightening stories coming out of NYC, Atlantic City, and other places. :worried: I'm hoping that the overall aftermath isn't too grim. But for now, this thread is definitely a comforting place to be. :goodvibes

The wind is howling (and I'm scared to leave my building, due to downed wires and trees falling down nearby), but I feel safe inside. :) Still, it's sad to hear about fatalities that have already occurred along the East Coast, and there have been some frightening stories coming out of NYC, Atlantic City, and other places. :worried: I'm hoping that the overall aftermath isn't too grim. But for now, this thread is definitely a comforting place to be. :goodvibes

Good to know you are safe and smart to stay inside. My DS wasn't prepared and is living off of pizzas ordered yesterday. He tried but last night there was nothing else left where he looked.

How is your mom? Did she get hit bad or did she luck out and ride out the storm with no problems? My mom is also alone, but close by, I can only imagine how worried you have been.

Good to know you are safe and smart to stay inside. My DS wasn't prepared and is living off of pizzas ordered yesterday. He tried but last night there was nothing else left where he looked.

How is your mom? Did she get hit bad or did she luck out and ride out the storm with no problems? My mom is also alone, but close by, I can only imagine how worried you have been.
I spoke to her earlier and it sounds like she's okay - she she spent all Friday and Saturday making sure she was stocked up on supplies (so she didn't have to drive anywhere yesterday or today, which is a huge relief).

Hopefully your DS will be able to find something to eat tomorrow besides pizza. It sounds like the weather should be slightly better in the evening, but the cleanup process could delay things from starting up quickly. Sunday was a horrible day to be in the shops - I bought some food at Trader Joe's around midday, and the lines stretched all the way to the back of the store. It was the same at other nearby supermarkets. :eek:

Back to the West coast for a few last updates from our Disneyland Live Reporter, Linda67.

Linda was at the Disneyland park yesterday and had lunch at Frontierland's...

Rancho del Zocalo

photo83.jpg

Vegetarian Burrito - fajita style vegetables plus refried beans and cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with a traditional guajillo sauce

Linda said, "Today I stopped off at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland (thanks to Brenda/emmysmommy for the tip! :thumbsup2). This was just fantastic, there was just the right amount of a spicy kick to it but there was enough food to feed a family and I couldn't even manage half of it. What I love about the counter service restaurants at Disneyland is that you get a proper plate and silverware and the setting of this restaurant is just gorgeous! ::yes::

See bottom of Post for INDEX to the Disneyland Updates.

Then Linda sent us a couple of beverage updates.

From Disney's California Adventure Park...

photo84.jpg

Frankenweenie Screaming Lemonade

Linda said, "It may look like a pint of Guinness but it was a delicious lemon refreshing drink.
Think lemonade mixed with a cream soda topping." ;)

And this from Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel...

photo85.jpg

Shipwreck on the Rocks -Bourbon with Freshly Muddled Lemon and Mint with Organic Agave Nectar.
Have too many of these and you'll be setting a course for Davy Jones' Locker! :rotfl2:

Linda said, "I have my own bar stool in this place now! :lmao: My latest choice is called the Shipwreck and when ordered it causes a wonderful little special effects show in the bar. What can I say apart from "shiver me timbers ...this was good!!" :thumbsup2

Then one last update from Linda said...

"I'm at the airport now waiting for my flight back to London. I have fallen totally in love with Disneyland and really hope to be back one day. The food has been really excellent, both counter service and sit down restaurants have really impressed me. It was a yummy trip and I need to get back down the gym next week for sure! And so...that's all folks. Talk to you soon!" :wave:

So let's give it up for Linda, our first Disneyland Live Reporter!!! :cheer2:

And now back to Disney World and our regularly scheduled programming. :thumbsup2

I received an email update from chocolateMinnie this morning, which I believe is from their dinner (but could be lunch?) yesterday at...

CRYSTAL PALACE

chocolateMinnie sent us these two pics from that meal...

2012-10-29201243.jpg

Salad Plate

2012-10-29204107.jpg

Raspberry Cake

chocolateMinnie said, "Crystal Palace is an annual occurrence since our first trip in 2003. DS insists on the visit despite his age." ;)

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: Couchy :cheer2:

-and-

:cheer2: LOVEMY3KIDDOS :cheer2:

Couchy and her DH will be there from 10/31 - 11/4 and Couchy has volunteered to do live updates for us!
Here are their Dining Plans. Also Couchy has started a PDR.

LOVEMY3KIDDOS and family will arrive at WDW late on 10/31 and will be there until early on 11/10.
She has offered to do live updates for us! Here are their Dining Plans.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Couchy & LOVEMY3KIDDOS!!! :cool1:

Nikki added, "So that's it! Really enjoyed live reporting for you, will start a more detailed dining report sometime this week." :thumbsup2

And so on behalf of everyone here...

Thank you so much for a job well done, Nikki!!! :thanks:

and

Safe travels home to Syracuse, NY today! :goodvibes

Hi all, I am home! My flight yesterday was on time and now I am back at work trying to get through all this e-mail. Will be starting my Dining Report sometime soon, maybe while doing this mountain of laundry tonight!

So I think I've finally finished my tweaking of the November Scavenger Hunt. Maybe? :lmao: Our two reporters that are currently at WDW, chocolateMinnie and one2admire, have already started scoring some points. I've also awarded emmebear points for her recent stint as a live reporter, since she will also be taking another weekend trip to Disney World in November. I will keep the Scavenger Hunt list updated in Post 634 and I've included the link to the list in my signature to make it easier to access.

So Good Luck to all our November Live Reporters!!!:cheer2:

And it is not too late to join our November Reporting team. So if you going to Disney World in November and would like to get in on the Scavenger Hunt fun, just let me know. :thumbsup2

I have three updates to post now so stay tuned. ;)

Tarah (one2admire) was at the Grand Floridian Resort last night and had dinner at...

Narcoossee's

First a menu pic...

35A32E66-2851-4370-B9BB-3E2EEBB679C9-28320-000024B2199CB736.jpg

4AF491A7-1266-47BF-BBD0-66947F15F3B3-28320-000024B21BC51FD2.jpg

Crispy Calamari with Pepperoncini-Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis

27D425E3-EA19-4370-BE5E-E35B1A3B9F93-28320-000024B21FF1D45D-1.jpg

North Carolina Buttermilk-fried Oysters
with Buttery Brioche, Southern Apple Slaw, and “Red Rooster” Rémoulade

93CA638F-836F-4494-B761-D7D0F691E5FA-28320-000024B22370B666-1.jpg

Butter-poached Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet Mignon
Boniato Mashed Potatoes, French Beans, and Herbed Cabernet Emulsion

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned for Menu Pic

I spoke to her earlier and it sounds like she's okay - she she spent all Friday and Saturday making sure she was stocked up on supplies (so she didn't have to drive anywhere yesterday or today, which is a huge relief).

Hopefully your DS will be able to find something to eat tomorrow besides pizza. It sounds like the weather should be slightly better in the evening, but the cleanup process could delay things from starting up quickly. Sunday was a horrible day to be in the shops - I bought some food at Trader Joe's around midday, and the lines stretched all the way to the back of the store. It was the same at other nearby supermarkets. :eek:

That's where my DS went, Trader Joes. He called and said no food to be found, pizza it is. He's happy, he's on co-op with days off and pizza and x-box. Life is good for him. But he's regretting telling me he didn't need food from home. He now wants me to stock the freezer with home cooked food.

So happy you made to know your mom was okay through this and that you were safe. I am very grateful to be in great condition considering our neighboring towns.

Is it sad I was thrilled through it all to not lose electricity so I could wait the storm out on the DIS reading these great threads? I love this thread. It's a great escape from reality but also filled with so much information. Thank you for keeping it going!

And for breakfast this morning, Tarah & Family dined with the Princesses at...

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

A58FFFEA-E20E-4236-96EA-2928B50244F7-28320-000024CCD1BC5912-1.jpg

Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and potato casserole

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned

That's where my DS went, Trader Joes. He called and said no food to be found, pizza it is. He's happy, he's on co-op with days off and pizza and x-box. Life is good for him. But he's regretting telling me he didn't need food from home. He now wants me to stock the freezer with home cooked food.

So happy you made to know your mom was okay through this and that you were safe. I am very grateful to be in great condition considering our neighboring towns.

Is it sad I was thrilled through it all to not lose electricity so I could wait the storm out on the DIS reading these great threads? I love this thread. It's a great escape from reality but also filled with so much information. Thank you for keeping it going!

Thanks for posting with a real life update, Sweet Spot. I was just watching a TV program showing some of the devastation that Sandy has wreaked upon the Northeast. So now I'm wondering about all of the many Northeasterners who post here on Dining Review boards. I hope you are all safe and sound. :worried: Please post here with a real life update and let us know you are okay.

And one more update received today from Tarah.
She earned another Scavenger Hunt point by sending me this pic of their dinner from...

Yorkshire County Fish Shop

31C8F5E4-0E58-48F7-B519-4741B04F830F-28320-000024CCD5E824DD-1.jpg

Fish & Chips

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

:cheer2: rachel09985 :cheer2:

rachel09985 - Rachel along with her BF Corey and BFF Emily will be visiting WDW from 11/1 - 11/6. She is super-excited to be staying at the new AOA Resort in the Little Mermaid section!
Here is Rachel's PTR and here are their Dining Plans.

Also Rachel has offered to be a "live" reporter for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Rachel!!! :cool1:

Tarah (one2admire) was at the Yacht Club last night and had dinner at...

Yachtsman Steakhouse

D611E714-1D10-4BB8-907B-8ABB99F6FDE6-28320-0000259A14961364.jpg

Lobster Bisque with Maine Lobster, served with an Herbes de Provence Biscotti topped with Roe Chantilly

A16832D8-9B58-4F62-9643-F5C3103A4D99-28320-00002590E4BCE924.jpg

16-oz. Boneless Rib-Eye with Truffle Macaroni & Cheese (subbed for the usual side) and Red Wine Butter on the side

5C4C623B-7D69-48D2-8A43-E3D57759DECE-28320-00002590EB380C8E.jpg

24-oz Center Cut Porterhouse with Smoked Paprika Fries, and Roasted Garlic Butter

Tarah said, "This was our best meal so far!" :thumbsup2

1 Scavenger Point earned for the Rib-Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter