Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Last for tonight is another update from Amy.

This one is from...

50's Prime Time Cafe

[​IMG]

"DS and DH both got malts as their drink and I got a mega berry smoothie. They were all really good."

[​IMG]

"We all got the fried chicken. One with corn and mashed potatoes, one with mashed potatoes and green beans and one with corn and fries. Very Tasty."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"DD really had hard time this trip eating. She is very picky but they were nice enough to do a veggie platter with a salad for her. She got corn, green beans and a garden salad. She loved it!! The only one that got dessert was my DH. He got the dad's sundae but no picture of it, sorry!"

3 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of DH, DS, & DD

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DreamingPink

DreamingPink Disney Veteran

Yay for the updates! I am addicted to this thread. Can't wait for my own trip report an possibly contributing in October. In the mean time great job to all the reporters out there!

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Of course you can! :thumbsup2

5. DaisyluvzGoofy

DaisyluvzGoofy Earning My Ears

Hi All! DH and I are arriving in WDW this Saturday :banana: so I figured now was as good a time as any to outline the ADR's you'll be seeing from us:

Saturday 2/16: Late arrival, nothing specific planned but we're heading into MK because they will be open til 1am!!

Sunday 2/17: HS
    Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! package
    Narcoossee's late w/my parents

Monday 2/18: MK
    Crystal Palace (Prior to park open)
    Either BOG or LTT for lunch
    Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party :cloud9:

Tuesday 2/19: MK
    BOG or LTT depending on which we didn't do Monday
    Beaches n' Cream dinner w/ a friend

Wednesday 2/20:EP
    Biergarten Lunch
    Chefs De France dinner late

Thursday 2/21:AK
    Tusker House (prior to park open) -This may get tossed sadly due to transportation issues
    Hoop De Doo 8:30 show w/ my parents

Friday 2/22: Epcot with my parents
    No lunch plans yet, but thinking Via Napoli or snacks around the world!!
    Coral Reef dinner

Saturday 2/23: depart, unsure if we'll get into the parks.

I'm so excited to just get going already! Hope you all enjoy my updates! Thanks Barb for doing this again!!! :thumbsup2

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Good Morning & Happy Valentine's Day! :love:

Let's begin the day with some more updates from Jim & Lee Ann.

From their day at DHS, breakfast at...

Fairfax Fare

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim said, "We were there just before breakfast ending and we were given double eggs and sausage (or bacon) on our sandwiches. I'm not sure if this is normal."

Next stop was at...

Starring Rolls Bakery

[​IMG]

"Went to Starring Rolls and had a cream cheese danish for breakfast dessert, a good place for finishing our coffee and tea and people watching."

Then lunch was from...

Studio Catering Company

[​IMG]

Sloppy Joe with Cheddar and Chipotle Barbecue Sauce & French Fries

"Had Sloppy Joe's at Studio Catering company, Lee Ann liked hers. Hard to tell what the sandwich is with all the fries in the way."

And then last, a snack from...

Writer's Stop

[​IMG]

Peanut Butter Cookie with crumbled Butterfingers on top

[​IMG]

Carrot Cake Cookie

8 February Game Points Earned

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Jim & Lee Ann's dinner was from the Contemporary Resort's...

Contempo Cafe

[​IMG]

Stacked Sandwich - Smoked Ham, dill havarti and honey mustard on ciabatta bread

[​IMG]

Hot Turkey Sandwich topped with Brie, apple butter and arugula on Challah bread

Jim said, "Dinner in the room from Contempo Cafe. I had the Stacked sandwich and Lee Ann had the Hot Turkey sandwich, both with House Chips."

2 February Game Points Earned

8. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

So glad to see this thread is hopping again! Lots of great updates- thanks reporters and Barb!

I LOVED the turkey and brie sandwich from Contempo Cafe.

AND now I have to go find myself some lunch. I always get hungry after visiting this thread :)

9. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

I completely over look this place everytime we're in EPCOT. But that chicken salad looks like we might have to stop for a snack.

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Back to the Contemporary Resort with Jim & Lee Ann.

This time for breakfast at...

The Wave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim said, "We had the buffet breakfast at The Wave in the Contemporary. The round plates are mine and yes mom, I had Eggs Benedict on both plates with hash browns and fresh fruit." ;)

[​IMG]

"Lee Ann had a cheese omelet and biscuits and gravy. She made her own hidden Mickey with a cinnamon roll and some strawberries, and also had Sweet Potato pancakes with pecan honey butter. Our server mixed me a cranberry pineapple juice that was great."

[​IMG]

3 February Game Points Earned

11. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

This is my favorite thread ever!!!! I just finished reading through the entire thing. Thank you a million times for all your hard work, Barb!

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Jim & Lee Ann's last updates were all from Epcot.

Starting with their lunch at...

Sunshine Seasons

[​IMG]

"Almost ate it all before we remembered the picture.
    It was Mongolian Beef on fried rice with a side of fried rice and a Banana Cake."

Then dinner was in World Showcase, at...

Tokyo Dining

[​IMG]

Shibuya - Tempura Chicken and Shrimp Combination

[​IMG]

Chicken Katsu - Lightly fried boneless chicken breast

"I had Shibuya and Lee Ann had the Chicken Katsu. We also had a small cucumber salad and a crab pasta salad."

And last, a stop at...

Les Halles

[​IMG]

Quiche Lorraine & Quiche Florentine

"We reheated these in the room for our final breakfast before heading home. Thank you Barb and I do expect a follow up post from my lovely wife correcting all my mistakes and misinformation. Going again in May." :thumbsup2

9 February Game Points Earned

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Since that was Jim's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

jimnlahaze's Total February Game Points Earned = 48

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us by nicole0992.

This is from their dinner last night at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They started their dinner with...

[​IMG]

Beer Battered Onion Rings

[​IMG]

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken (all white meat) served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy and green beans

"I chose the fried chicken and was able to get all white meat as well as green beans in place of the collard greens. This was so good. Finger lickin' good. I loved everything."

[​IMG]

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken served with mashed potatoes and green beans

"My oldest daughter also had the chicken but was served 3 pieces since she didn't switch to white meat only. She also ordered her potatoes with no gravy."

[​IMG]

Spaghetti and "Meatballs" - Multi-grain spaghetti and vegetarian meatballs with Dad's Marinara Sauce

"My youngest didn't know what to get. She finally decided on the spaghetti with vegetarian meatballs. Bad choice for her. It was loaded with mushrooms and lots of chunky tomato sauce. She also didn't like the taste or texture of the meatballs. I tasted it and it was fine if you are vegetarian and like this sort of dish but there are much better choices here. Sauce was on par with Tony's Town Square."

And for dessert...

[​IMG]

Dad's Brownie Sundae - Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Caramel topping

"The brownie sundae was delicious! Served a la mode with vanilla cream. The girls cleaned the plate!"

"Since my daughter just picked at her dish, Cousin Cooper wasn't having none of this moving food around to get dessert! ;) So we were served our brownie sundae and she was served her plate of spaghetti and meatballs with whipped cream, m & m's, and sprinkles. It was hysterical!" :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 February Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day, sign, menu, & interior pics, pic of DD & her spaghetti dessert :lmao:

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

nicole's lunch yesterday was at Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

Menu pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cavatappi Chicken Alfredo with peas, bacon and parmesan

"I had the cavatappi. This is so delicious! The corkscrew shaped pasta was perfectly cooked and served with Alfredo sauce that's not too heavy. The peas are crisp and fresh, not mushy at all. The bacon crumbles provided a nice crunch to the dish. The chicken is julienned and was great as well."

[​IMG]

Half Rotisserie Chicken with garlic butter, rosemary and mashed potatoes

"Oldest daughter had the chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. She loved it. The chicken was cooked perfectly and nicely seasoned. The mashed potatoes were so creamy and definitely real potatoes. These were topped with a light gravy and fresh chopped chives."

[​IMG]

Margherita Pizza with fresh mozzarella, torn basil, and fresh tomatoes

"My younger daughter chose the Margherita pizza. It was so yummy. The tomatoes, cheese and fresh basil were all top quality. Crust was crispy and cooked just right."

And for their desserts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We had creme brulee, vanilla bean cheesecake, and a chocolate chip brownie for desserts. All were great but the creme brulee was the winner. Sorry no pic of the cheesecake. My daughter dug in before I had a chance to snap a pic."

2 February Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pics

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

nicole sent one more update today.

This one from their lunch today at Animal Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the hot Italian sandwich which was turkey, ham, cheese, tomatoes and Caesar salad inside bread that was nicely toasted."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My daughter had the veggie pizza and a side Caesar salad."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We tried desserts. "Cheesecake in a glass" was the name of the cheesecake. Weird jelly type-stuff on top that had a citrus taste. Two bites and in the bin it went."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Also tried the chocolate mousse. This was better but still only ate a few bites. Too rich for me."

5 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for menu pics, sign pic, pic of DD, and interior pics + 5 Bonus Points for only reporter for the day

17. debrapagliasotti

debrapagliasotti DIS Veteran

Spaghetti w/ all the sprinkles & whip cream...how funny, but totally gross to think about for real :rotfl2:

And I agree about the cheesecake in a cup "goo" -- very odd taste.

Glad we are getting lots of updates coming in again ;)

18. Justlahaze

Justlahaze Earning My Ears

Correction from the lovely wife! :love: Our server's name was Craig and he was awesome! He even appears in our photo with the Master of the castle, Beast. We hope to see him again in May.

Lee Ann
    (justlahaze and the LA in jimnlahaze)

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney World Dining plate are..

:cheer2: Piglet54 :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: DaisyluvzGoofy :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: IncredibleboysMom :cheer2:

Piglet54 will be at Disney World and staying at POR from 2/16 - 2/19 and has offered to do live updates for us while there!

DaisyluvzGoofy and her DH will be there from 2/16 - 2/23 and she has volunteered to do live updates for us!
    Here are their Dining Plans.

IncredibleboysMom will be at the World with her family from 2/16-2/24 and has offered to help this week by doing live updates! She solemnly swears to do her best to keep her 3 hungry boys and DH from diving into their food before she captures the visual deliciousness. :thumbsup2
    Here are their Dining Plans.

Also leaving tomorrow is...

Couchy and her DH, who will be cruising on the Disney Wonder from 2/16 - 2/21 and she has offered to send us some updates upon their return.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Piglet54, DaisyluvzGoofy, IncredibleboysMom & Couchy!!! :cool1:

20. pinkxray

pinkxray DIS Veteran

I'm so glad this thread is getting more updates. :thumbsup2

We are leaving Monday and I have finally stopped messing with our ADRs and think I have our final line up.

On our last two trips in 2010/2011 we did dxdp with a character breakfast every morning and either a character dinner or something kid friendly like Sci fi for dinner. This trip is going to be totally different. NO CHARACTER MEALS AND NO BUFFETS:yay:

Mon
    T-rex lunch
    Hopefully Ghiradelli for dessert

Tues
    Garden View Tea
    (Hoping to add a TS dinner but don't now what our plans our for that evening. Plan on calling the Disney hotline and playing dinner roulette)

Wed
    Sanaa dinner

Thurs
    Captain's Grill Lunch
    BOG dinner

Fri
    GFC breakfast
    'Ohana dinner

Sat
    Il Mulino dinner

Sun
    Race Retreat for Princess Half Marathon
    Via Napoli lunch (if I am still standing after the half)

Mon- home:sad2:

I also want to try snacking around the monorail resorts since we are doing a split stay with AKL/BLt but no idea if that will happen. There will also be tons of snacks and cs meals.:thumbsup2

21. IncredibleboysMom

IncredibleboysMom DIS Veteran

....and MEEEEEE!? :confused3 We are leaving tomorrow and will return home on the 24th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.