• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

coming soon to dis but need help picking another hotel

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
We've decided to come to Disney and do just Disney in March. But we're there for a week 7-15. We planned to stay pretty reasonably on Disney property from 7-11 and then move on to a different location to save $. Right now we don't have a rental car in the works. We're trying to find something close to Disney that has a nice feel to it. We have two kids 7 and 17 so a nice pool is a must. Close (within walking distance) to shopping and reasonable food places (thinking mall meals or diner type meals). I've been looking at the hotels/resorts and a lot of fees associated with them! Would like to avoid that. A shuttle to the airport (and maybe even Disney park would be nice too). Can you help us find such a hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Tammy :)

Why don't you save money by getting a townhouse at Emerald Island, Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, Terra Verde, etc. Usually you can get a 3 bed/3 bath for around $100/night plus cleaning. I have a 3 bed/3 bath with hot tub booked at Terra Verde for that amount over spring break. Saves a boatload on dining expenses plus I love having a pool or hot tub that's private.

Because school districts schedule their vacations at different times, the Spring Break season lasts for several weeks here in Florida. Unfortunately, your dates fall within that season. That's one reason why you may be seeing high prices. The nearby Hillsborough County School District (Tampa) is off 3/14 to 3/18. That's roughly 190,000 students under 100 miles away from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter