coming in late

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
We get in at 8 PM and the rest of our party gets in at 10:30 at night. At this point we have a reservation to stay at the airport Hyatt and get up and take magical express the next morning. It is killing me to spend 240.00 for the one night. can anyone suggest some where convenient/cheaper. or tell me why I should be spending 240.00 for one night. My older son really wants his GF to take DME so that is the only hotel I could think of where that was possible. Is there some place cheaper we could stay and still get to DME the next morning at the airport with out it being a pain or are we better just staying put?

Same here.......we arrive so late need a hotel room for a few hours of sleep. DME won't pick me up because my reservation is for the next day.....even if it will be that day before I get to the DME counter.

Same here.......we arrive so late need a hotel room for a few hours of sleep. DME won't pick me up because my reservation is for the next day.....even if it will be that day before I get to the DME counter.
Just book a night in a disney value for the 1st night.

We get in at 8 PM and the rest of our party gets in at 10:30 at night. At this point we have a reservation to stay at the airport Hyatt and get up and take magical express the next morning. It is killing me to spend 240.00 for the one night. can anyone suggest some where convenient/cheaper. or tell me why I should be spending 240.00 for one night.

The La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando North is a good alternative and is about 2 miles from MCO. here is the contact info: 7160 North Frontage Rd Orlando, FL 32812 Phone: 1-407-240-5000 Their web site http://*******.com/2b9pou2 advertises rates from $75/night. Trust me, it is really close to the airport and within easy walking distance to several restaurants. With the money you save, you could probably take a taxi back to the airport for $5 or take the free shuttle back to the airport.

Now, as to the second part of your question about why you should be spending 240.00 for one night. I can't think of a single reason...unless you have money to burn.

Try using priceline and bid on a hotel in the mco area. Last year a got a room at the Marriot about 5 min from mco for $43.

hi...
this forum is very good and topic is much interesting which must be appreciated by all.

What is going on here?

You have ten (10) posts and each one is 100% identical in wording, no matter what the topic.

We will often stay near the airport. There are many hotels that provide free shuttle pickup and dropoff. You just call them when you get in and they come over and pick you up at the airport no matter what the time. Then it is a 5-10 minute ride to the hotel. You could then take the hotel shuttle back to the airport the next morning to pick up your disney transportation. We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the orlandio airport and it has been great. The shuttle is free but we always tip the driver.

Most of the posters party is scheduled to arrive at 10:30p. La Qunita's complimentary shuttle stops running at 11p. Even without a flight delay there is very little chance they'll get their luggage with enough time to catch the last shuttle.

According to the MCO website a taxi to airport hotels should cost $12-$18 each way. NOT THE $5 price you quoted.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ171&propId=171

I suggest PL or Hotwire. All of the (currently reported) 3.5 and 3* properties offer a complimentary shuttle 24/7. All, or almost all, of the 2.5* properties also offer a 24/7 shuttle.

The OP should be able to get a 3.5* property for $40-$55. Read up on biddingfortravel or betterbidding. You add a few dollars to your bid and add a zone that doesn't have any 3.5* hotels (free rebid).

My link to a section of LQ website wasn't edited by the DIS word filter. I don't know what affiliate link you posted but it was edited.

edited to add a few lucky people are getting the Hyatt for under $45 on PL.

The La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando North is a good alternative and is about 2 miles from MCO. here is the contact info: 7160 North Frontage Rd Orlando, FL 32812 Phone: 1-407-240-5000 Their web site http://*******.com/2b9pou2 advertises rates from $75/night. Trust me, it is really close to the airport and within easy walking distance to several restaurants. With the money you save, you could probably take a taxi back to the airport for $5 or take the free shuttle back to the airport.

Now, as to the second part of your question about why you should be spending 240.00 for one night. I can't think of a single reason...unless you have money to burn.

Lewisc, easy now, the poster was just trying to help.

FYI, The Holiday Inn Express at the Orlando airport I mentioned above has its shuttle running until 1:00am and it starts again at 4:30am. We have stayed here twice and they were great.

FYI, The Holiday Inn Express at the Orlando airport I mentioned above has its shuttle running until 1:00am and it starts again at 4:30am. We have stayed here twice and they were great.

I chekced there but they don't have 2 rooms to accomadate us.

I went on PL and got 2 rooms at the Airport Marriot for less than half of one room at the Airport Hyatt. Thanks for all the help. When we get up I guess we will take the shuttle back to the airport and grab DME. Sounds simple and much cheaper.

I'm sure the HIE is a good choice. PL might give you better rate. A free breakfast, combined with a good rate, might be preferable to a PL bid.

I'm not sure how telling a poster a taxi that costs $12-$18 should cost $5 is helping. I'm not sure how suggesting a hotel that offers a shuttle that ends at 11p is a helpful suggestion if the person's flight lands at 10:30p.

A poster who said
seovancouver,

No Commercial Advertising!

Pay for your web site ads like everyone else.
but found his own link censored the DIS word filter. I don't know if he was intentionally posting a link that benefited him (affiliate link) but it sure looks like the pot calling the kettle black.

I went on PL and got 2 rooms at the Airport Marriot for less than half of one room at the Airport Hyatt. Thanks for all the help. When we get up I guess we will take the shuttle back to the airport and grab DME. Sounds simple and much cheaper.

Consider taking some of the money you just saved and take a taxi/car service from the Marriott directly to WDW. Either book something or ask at the hotel. Ask for a flat rate. Not much more then 30 minutes. The shuttle back to MCO probably runs every 30 minutes. Total time from your airport hotel to your WDW resort could easily take 90 minutes (or more) Shuttle to MCO probably runs every 30 minutes. Walk over to the DME desk. Wait for a bus. Possibly a couple of stops before you get to your resort.

PL works great for airport area hotels. Only a one night stay.

When we arrive late, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express just north of the Airport. Usually $79 or so a night. clean and comfortable. Free shuttle to and from the airport.

Dan

When we arrive late, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express just north of the Airport. Usually $79 or so a night. clean and comfortable. Free shuttle to and from the airport.

Dan

The OP already said the HI Express didn't have 2 rooms available the night he needed it. The OP said he was able to "win" the Marriott for under $60 /room on PL.

Most of the posters party is scheduled to arrive at 10:30p. La Qunita's complimentary shuttle stops running at 11p. Even without a flight delay there is very little chance they'll get their luggage with enough time to catch the last shuttle.

According to the MCO website a taxi to airport hotels should cost $12-$18 each way. NOT THE $5 price you quoted.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ171&propId=171

I suggest PL or Hotwire. All of the (currently reported) 3.5 and 3* properties offer a complimentary shuttle 24/7. All, or almost all, of the 2.5* properties also offer a 24/7 shuttle.

The OP should be able to get a 3.5* property for $40-$55. Read up on biddingfortravel or betterbidding. You add a few dollars to your bid and add a zone that doesn't have any 3.5* hotels (free rebid).

My link to a section of LQ website wasn't edited by the DIS word filter. I don't know what affiliate link you posted but it was edited.

edited to add a few lucky people are getting the Hyatt for under $45 on PL.

I disagree that my advice was "horrible". Let's set the record straight on some of the facts.

The OP stated "We get in at 8 PM and the rest of our party gets in at 10:30 at night." That means some arrive at 8 PM and some arrive at 10:30. Not "most" arrive at 10:30.

The taxi fare to/from MCO to the hotel is $9-$12. How do I know this? I simply phoned the hotel and the front desk clerk told me the approximate rate. The $5 rate I mentioned was a guess and not accurate. But $18 is not accurate either for this particular hotel.

If the latecomers arrive a little early, it is theoretically possible to claim their bags, call the LaQuinta and go down one level to the street and still get their free shuttle ride. This is a longshot admittedly. But it would seen that the worst that would happen would be that one set of passengers would be out $12 + tip. This is not horrible, IMO.

In hindsight, The priceline bid for the Airport Marriot was a much better solution. My suggestion was not as good, but I don't think horrible.

Quoting a taxi rate out of thin air isn't helpful.

There are many hotels in the MCO airport zone. Many (most?) of them offer complimentary shuttles that work with the OPs flight schedule. Suggesting one of the few hotels which probably won't be offering a free shuttle when the rest of the OPs group arrives isn't a very good suggestion.

You don't like the word horrible. Would you rather I said a poor suggestion. A poorly researched suggestion? A suggestion that doesn't reflect what the OP needs--A shuttle which will accommodate a late arriving guest

Another poster suggested the Holiday Inn Express. They quoted a rate lower the the rate you posted for LQ and the HIE offers a shuttle that meets their needs.

I disagree that my advice was "horrible". Let's set the record straight on some of the facts.

The OP stated "We get in at 8 PM and the rest of our party gets in at 10:30 at night." That means some arrive at 8 PM and some arrive at 10:30. Not "most" arrive at 10:30.

The taxi fare to/from MCO to the hotel is $9-$12. How do I know this? I simply phoned the hotel and the front desk clerk told me the approximate rate. The $5 rate I mentioned was a guess and not accurate. But $18 is not accurate either for this particular hotel.

If the latecomers arrive a little early, it is theoretically possible to claim their bags, call the LaQuinta and go down one level to the street and still get their free shuttle ride. This is a longshot admittedly. But it would seen that the worst that would happen would be that one set of passengers would be out $12 + tip. This is not horrible, IMO.

In hindsight, The priceline bid for the Airport Marriot was a much better solution. My suggestion was not as good, but I don't think horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter