Comfortable Shoes for Work?

I am a nurse, and on my feet for 13 hours a day. I second dansko. I actually have Mary janes. They are a bit more expensive than some others, but are super comfortable and hold up really well.

I also love dansko, you will pay for them, but you will love them and depending on what kind you buy, they will never wear out.

Clark is also a very good shoe.

Think of shoes this way, if you are a guy you pay around $100 minimum for a very good pair of shoes and you wear that shoe all the time, so I do the same, I buy only very good shoes and have several of those and not a closet full of the Payless or Targets that kill and you can't wait to take them off.

any store i can try dankos on?

Definitely try them on -- when I tried them on, I felt like I was walking out of them -- they are very wide and loose. I did try down 1/2 size, but still did not like them. The salesperson told me that you just have to get used to them. I didn't buy them. I usually get Merrells.

any store i can try dankos on?

I think it's called "A Walking Company" if you have that store near you. I work at a hospital so Dansko comes to us a couple of times a year and we get a 20% discount. They are clogs, so they should fit somewhat loose, like a clog would, I wear a 7 1/2 and get a 38 in Dansko. I think Zappos also sells them and they have free shipping and free returns if you can't find them around you.

I like Soffts as well.

Go to a good shoe store (the Walking Company doesn't sell a bad shoe) and try some on. A company like Naturalizer specializes in fairly comfortable "business shoes" - Danskos are going to be more casual. Soffts tend to be a little trendier.

I also have Dansko. They do take a bit of getting used to due to the "loose" fit that allows your heel to come out of the shoe a bit. Also, when you first put them on, you might think "what the heck?" because they are definitely not a soft shoe. But they must do the support right because I've never had my feet hurt in them.

For sport shoes, I use New Balance. I did 4 weeks at The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in these which included a 2.5 hour hike and about 4-5 hours of other fitness classes every day and my feet were fine.

Sometimes I have to stand for long periods of time, touring areas without really walking far or fast. Add to that traveling by air 4 to 8 flights a week. I also have to wear suits. I like Trotters. Professional, low heeled, extremely well made and incredibly comfortable. They last years.

REI sells Danskos.

I recently bought Aerosoles and they are very comfortable. They also give a teacher discount.

Privos are very comfortable as well. You can often find pricier shoes for a decent price at the Clarks outlets, DSW and Nordstrom outlet.

Dansko and Sanitas(they used to make Dansko) are both available on Clogoutlet.com. They have a bunch of seconds and so far I have never been able to find anything wrong with them. Lots of style and worth the money!

second sofft shoes! i just left retail after four years, my last two spent on a slate over concrete floor, real rough on the feet and joints. those were the only heels i could survive in. i too got them at nordstroms sales and my local marshalls/ tjmaxx would get them in on occasion. in fact i stopped in there when i was in the plaza every time just to look for another pair as i got three for $30 compared to over $100. http://www.sofftshoe.com/View-All?refurl=CNP=KNC-GLX

i also have super comfy flats from dr.scholls. if you buy a half size up you can add insoles to other semi-comfy shoes to make them better.

Keens are great. They may be a little more expensive than you're looking for though (but not much). They protect your toes, and are comfortable for much longer periods of time than Vans and similar shoes. More arch support. Make sure that you buy pretty hard-core ones, like the Austin. My girlfriend has those and she wears them every day. She's a musician who is constantly moving heavy amps and instrument cases. No toe injuries yet! Good luck.

I work in retail and stand on my feet for 45 hours a week. I'm in Clarks or Privo's by Clark depending on my outfit.

H

If you are near an outlet mall you can make out awesome at the Clarks outlet! Last year over the 4th of July I got 2 pairs of Clarks Pr!vo shoes for about $40.

I am still wearing my first pair of Clarks and they are at least 6 years old. DH is very hard on shoes and a pain to fit, he also makes out well at the outlet.

Another nurse, another Dansko and Sanitas recommendation :)
I also like Merrell and New Balance.
Check 6pm.com, they have good prices in closeout styles and in limited sizes, but
you never know you might find something you like.

When I used to work as a Chef I would wear Birkenstock clogs. They were so comfy. I wore the ugly professional ones but Birkenstock made a wide variety of styles. My clogs had a removable inner cork insole which took about 2 weeks to break in but once broken in I wore then 2 years often working 14 hours days before I needed to replace the insoles. These are shoes that I've had for 4 years and are pretty likely to last forever.

http://www.birkenstockusa.com/

I love to death my Sofft pumps - far and away the most comfortable heels I have ever owned. Shoebuy has them sometimes, often runs good sales, and if you do Sunshine Rewards, you can get both the SR $ and the sale discount.

I'll also second the "dressy" crocs. I live in a city without a car, and the Olivia is my go-to walking shoe. I was really skeptical about buying Crocs at first, but I can't even begin to tell you how many people, including strangers, have stopped me to tell me how cute they are. I do find sizing across styles to be a bit inconsistent though - tried to get the Lady and found the toe section was far too narrow for me. They're great for rainy days too.

And if you can get away with sandals, Birkenstocks are very comfortable once you break them in and a lot of their newer styles are actually really cute / trendy (if this matters to you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter