• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

comfort suites maingate east!

arkie

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate East. Want to know if the claims of free shuttle service to the parks and from the airport are for real.

bump...have this booked for July

<font face="Comic Sans MS">
MMEaster.gif

<font color="blue">first family vacation--WDW--July 2001</font>

i had this hotel booked for about a month or so, until i kept reading all the post about it not being the greatest hote.... but one thing i did call on was the free shuttle, and i was told its not free. and its not even a shuttle from the suites. its an airport shuttle and cost about $16 per person, and for us (family of 4) it was cheaper to rent from the airport. :eek:

Julie

Hello:

I stayed at the hotel in october, 2000. I haven't seen any negative comments on the board regarding this property. I was somewhat impressed by the place-new facility, excellent location(in spite of the 192 construction)friendly staff, and reasonable prices.

In regards to the shuttle services, the shuttles to both WDW and Universal Parks were free. I had a rental car, but I looked into them for my own future reference. I saw no notice of a free airport shuttle. I'd be very surprised if any hotel in Orlando offered one. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hotel again.

Ohiowilly

I'm NEVER gonna grow up!!

I have to agree with Ohiowilly about Comfort Suites Maingate East, although I didn't use any shuttles and have no info about them. We stayed at this hotel in Jan. 2001, and were very pleased (search on this board for my long review). I suspect you might want to rent a car for airport transport; it's probably cheaper to rent a compact car and use it just for airport travel than to pay $16/person/leg.

Scroll down and see what I wrote after we returned March 16. It was not bad, but not a three star hotel, either. Hot tub broken whole time we were there, pool not heated, maid service lacking, etc. I put it all below.

Just to clear the air a bit...........I referred back to "Schlambe"'s comments, and noticed that his/her post regarding "below average" accomodations were actually made about the "QUALITY Suites Maingate East, which is an entirely different property altogether. Rest Easy....I think you'll probably be very pleased with CSME.

Ohiowilly

I'm NEVER gonna grow up!!

the only comments that I have read regarding this Comfort Inn have been positive. Most mention its newness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter