• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comfort Suites-Atlantis Questions

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
Ok...so I am leaning towards doing this. I have a few questions.

1. How early do they let you "check-in" so you can start using the pools/slides, etc?

2. Is it hard to find a taxi to take you to/and/from the resort?

3. How much time will I have to enjoy the resort? (how much time will the trip back and forth take)

4. Can you tour the grounds, look at the aquariums too?

5. I know it's expensive to eat at Atlantis, but where is a convenient, less expensive place to eat on that property?

TIA
Emily

Sorry to not provide answers but I have the same questions you posed and also want to know if you should book before online or book in person at Comfort Suites for a single day the day you arrive?

At one point I thought I heard some places wouldn't book to cruise passengers and you were somewhat forced to book through the ship excursions desk. Is that true for the Comfort Suites or any other excursion???

Connie

Hi all!
My family went to Atlantis on our Oct. 2008 cruise. 2 adults and 3 boys 10,8 and 6. We booked through the Comfort Suites, one room gives you 4 bracelets and our room was about $250 w/ all the fees. Then I went on the DIS meets boards and hooked up w/ a Mom and son who were doing the same and would have 2 extra bracelets ( you get 4 no matter what) I bought one from her for $40. We did meet her in the lobby on the morning of going to Nassau and stuck together, shared a cab (very easy to get in the main welcome building, plan about $4 per person each way) and checked in together!:thumbsup2

Very easy, then we crossed the street to Atlantis and were on our way!:cool1:

You can tour all of the grounds including the aquariums and there is a great kids swim area and the slides and "lazy river" were awesome!!:banana:

It was a full day, I think we stayed until 4? Taxi ride is 20 mins. or so. There are lockers to put your stuff in because you're seldom sitting in one place.

Food choices were good, healthy and junk, not too bad price wise.

We had a great day and thought it was worth every penny!!:woohoo:

We just did this a few weeks ago, and it worked great.

Some thoughts.......

I booked it when we booked the cruise, and then checked the rate a month before our cruiese, and it had gone down about 30%. Make sure you understand the taxes and surcharges. They added about $50 to the price of the room, but still worth it.

Taxis are a dime a dozen. The standard rate is $4 per person, and a dollar for tolls. I negotiated to $15 for four of us, and he brought us right to the Comfort Suites. (Sometimes the taxi waits for other passengers to fill the taxi. I always say that I want to leave now and not wait for others.) As I was getting out of the taxi, I told him that I would give him a twenty if he brought the rest of my party right to Atlantis, and I would meet them there after I checked in. It is only a 5 minute walk, but we had an ouchie ankle in the group, so it worked fine.

We were at Atlantis from about 11am-3pm. There were halloween activities at 4pm that we wanted to be back for. We could have stayed longer if we wanted, but we had done all we wanted to do, and were not quite to the waterlogged feeling that sometimes creeps in at the end of a waterpark day.

Getting back was easy, let the bellhop call a taxi from Atlantis' front door.

One other option is the water taxi, but they typically wait for a large number of passengers before leaving. I think the price is similar, but the walk to Comfort and Atlantis is probably 1/2 mile.

As far as food goes, we had a rolling cooler with us, and ordered room service sandwiches and chips and took that with us. I know that everyone's moral compass is a little different, but I did not personally see any restrictions on this. (Don't flame me please. I have read many posts where there is a difference of opion on this, and I respect all of your opinions.) I did not bring fruit off the boat, and the cooler was never searched. We bought beer and Goombay Punch for the kids at a store near the port, and had cold drinks all day long in the cooler.

My wife priced out a lunch for the four of us, and it would have been at least$50. Maybe have a huge breakfast, and eat a snack when you get back to the boat to avoid overpriced mediocre food at Atlantis.?.

We did this in September. It was great!! The Taxi ride was very...interesting, LOL!! They cram as many people into those little taxi vans as possible, when we went up the big bridge, I didn't think we would make it!! :scared1: But, there was no waiting. He dropped us off at Atlantis as thats where everyone else in the van was going...we could have asked for him to take us over to CS, but at that point I just wanted out of the cab!!

We stayed at Atlantis until 4ish...could have stayed longer if we wanted. It was definently worth it!! I wouldn't mind doing it again someday. The place is HUGE and we didn't get to see everything when we were there. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter